1189 users online (205 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138
Results 2,056 to 2,061 of 2061
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    SuperDave,
    If they are female deceased then their children can surf the net. BR with his patently prepared narrative for Dr Phil, e.g. I've never read the Ransom Note, will have surfed a few JonBenet sites just to see if anyone is getting close to the truth. He has to know, and be ready in case the media descend. He knows he will have to do Anniversary interviews and be nice to the media, else he will be hung out to dry.

That's logical.

otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but not completely unfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post
    OTG, I remember hearing somewhere that her lips left an impression of being closed on the underside of the duct tape (which would indicate that her mouth was closed when it was applied). I think what was deduced was, that since there were no signs of her mouth being at all opened while the duct tape was being applied, it was indicative of her having already been murdered (as she would have struggled while it was being applied, trying to open her mouth).

I guess it's a tough question to answer definitively, since there are photos of her with her mouth closed and photos of her with it open. There's one of a side view of her face, and it's completely closed.
    IIRC, the point about the lip impression was only that it was a "perfect" imprint -- indicating that she had not struggled after it was placed on her mouth and therefore that it was placed there after she was dead or unconscious. But of course I could be wrong (there's a first time for everything )

I haven't seen the photo you mention showing her mouth closed, so I don't know. By the time Dr. Meyer began the autopsy, rigor mortis should have subsided even though the process would have been slowed by refrigeration. But they didn't even get her body to the morgue until late that night. Even at that, I'm not sure either how much rigor would be present in the lip/mouth muscles. All in all, I suppose there is a lot more to consider than I'm capable of.

All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech.”

^ Wouldn't a "perfect" imprint mean her lips were closed, though? That's how I always interpreted it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by otg View Post
    IIRC, the point about the lip impression was only that it was a "perfect" imprint -- indicating that she had not struggled after it was placed on her mouth and therefore that it was placed there after she was dead or unconscious. But of course I could be wrong (there's a first time for everything )

I haven't seen the photo you mention showing her mouth closed, so I don't know. By the time Dr. Meyer began the autopsy, rigor mortis should have subsided even though the process would have been slowed by refrigeration. But they didn't even get her body to the morgue until late that night. Even at that, I'm not sure either how much rigor would be present in the lip/mouth muscles. All in all, I suppose there is a lot more to consider than I'm capable of.
    Also this from James Kolar's Foreign Faction:

As noted previously, John Ramsey had removed the piece of tape covering his daughter’s mouth upon discovering her body. Investigators would closely examine the markings on JonBenét’s face to determine the location of its placement. Mucous emitting from her nose suggested to them that the tape had been placed over her mouth after some period of time and not necessarily at the outset of her abduction.

Few questions (Sorry if they sound silly or have been answered!)

1. What direction was JB facing in the wine cellar? Where her feet pointing towards the door or towards the wall?
    2. Was it ever determined whose pillow was on the kitchen counter on the morning of the supposed kidnapping?
    3. Where any fibers found on the blanket that was wrapped around JB?
    4. What evidence has been tested for DNA (that we know off)? And what items (If they haven't already been tested) do YOU think should be tested for DNA?
    5. Was there an imprint of JB's body on the mold on the floor in wine cellar?
    “Some cases in particular never leave you. How can you look back on this case 20 years on and not be angry?” - Steve Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by otg View Post
    I haven't seen the photo you mention showing her mouth closed, so I don't know.
    I believe that picture is the picture of JB taken in the house where she is on her side with the paper bags on her hands.
    “Some cases in particular never leave you. How can you look back on this case 20 years on and not be angry?” - Steve Thomas.

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138