Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Brock is Dead

Unhappy Peter Brock is Dead

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060908/23/10ghs.html

OMG!!!

I don't know how many of you will know who Brocky is, but he is an absolute legend in Australia. He is a racing car champion, including winning The Bathurst 1000, 9 times.

This is just too much!

Shelly.....I just came to post this as well.......Brocky proberly wasnt as well known overseas as Steve....but he sure is/was a legend here.....This is another big blow for Australia........youre right Shelly..this is just too much.......two Aussie icons gone in one week.

I know Dingo, I am just blown away by this. I had just logged off WS to my homepage and there it was. I cannot believe it. I am stunned.

They say things come in 3's, lets hope not. 2 Aussie legends in 1 week is 2 too many.

OMG

They do say things happen in threes, geez....2 Aussies in one week dying doing what they loved.
    I wonder if he died instantly, let's hope so.

I don't follow car racing at all, but most certainly everyone knows Brockie!
    Always thought he seemed like a nice guy.
    His poor kids.

I have never heard of this person. Im sorry regardless ...

To Dear Brockie...

oh boy, another broken hearted day.

Peter Brock was an Aussie legend not just for few years but for over 30 years.
    What a way to go.
    RIP BROCKIE. You will be missed on the Mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie
    I have never heard of this person. Im sorry regardless ...
    Thankyou Mygirl....Brockie was as well known in Australia as Steve Irwin.He has been a hero to many for a lot of years.
    RIP Brockie

OMG another aussie icon lost, hes a legend even if you don't follow the sport.

Just like Steve hes died doing what he loves most, I just hope it was quick and he didn't suffer.

"They say, things happen in 3's" Oh i hope not!

Steve and Brockie in just 1 week, that's a hell of a lot of Aussie tears being shed just with those 2 another legend/icon lost would be .......devastating!

R.I.P Brockie (Peter Perfect) and thanks for the memories

~aussieblue

Just my worth. Some days/posts thats real value, on others, I might need to give back change! IMO

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I too, have never heard of Peter Brock here in America, but what a blow for Australia to lose another legend. So sorry for your loss.

Oh, no...to my Aussie friends...I am so sorry. Two in one week is just unbelievable. SO sorry.

Thankyou Kris and Englishleigh.........We appreciate your kind thoughts.

Hey Dingo My sentiments exactly, Thanks guys.

My youngest dau and her boyfriend are in New Zealand on holidays. I rang to tell them because Adam is a huge Brocky fan and I didn't want him to hear it on TV.

Nikki sent me a msg later, saying that he is just devastated. Too sad.

Brock was "larger than life"

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060908/23/10gmv.html
    Last edited by Shelly Beach; 09-08-2006 at 09:50 PM.

They didnt call him The King of Mountain for nothing...my husband was upset as well...its not that many years ago that I made him sell his Brock Special...what a car that was..I use to love hooning around town in it

King of the Mountain alright, he was a real winner

My mate Ronnie is the biggest Holden fan and just loved Brockie, she is taking it hard, along with Steve it's all too much for her

Can just see you hooning around town in that Dingo....lol

Sad to hear about Brockie. My husband is really upset as he is into car racing.

Feel sorry for his girlfriend because no-one seems to be acknowledgeing he even had one.They lived together .
    Will be thinking of Peter when I start my v8 today.

Oh geez. I have lots of family in Australia and they are reeling. One of my cousins worked with Steve and apparently he was just as outgoing and enthusiastic off camera. He will be missed terribly by many many people whose lives he has touched.

My hubby would know about Brock as most of my male cousins are very into race cars and that whole scene and talked his and our teen son's ear off all about it while we were there last. Racing is huge even with young adults that aren't professional. My Aunts and Uncles cringe when it's talked about... so much money and the moms worry 'heaps'.

Jubie

My condolences also...

....too much in one week...

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    King of the Mountain alright, he was a real winner

My mate Ronnie is the biggest Holden fan and just loved Brockie, she is taking it hard, along with Steve it's all too much for her

Can just see you hooning around town in that Dingo....lol
    Couldnt help but hoon in a car like that Narla...I not into cars as such..but I did love the sound of that one...ahhhhh those were the days Now we drive something much more sensible..and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccina
    ....too much in one week...
    Thankyou Cappuccina....Australias heart has been broken twice in one week.

Gosh I hope this works, my ISP is having probs, I keep dropping in and out.

Thanks everyone for your comments, it means a lot.

Kazzbar, I was wondering that also. I thought the comments Bev made were in rather poor taste. I was surprised that she agreed to be interviewed so soon.

WOW Dingo, a Brock Special, how cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Beach
    Gosh I hope this works, my ISP is having probs, I keep dropping in and out.

Thanks everyone for your comments, it means a lot.

Kazzbar, I was wondering that also. I thought the comments Bev made were in rather poor taste. I was surprised that she agreed to be interviewed so soon.

WOW Dingo, a Brock Special, how cool.
    Yeah, Shelley. Bev lives not far from Melb. so I think news teams got there asap. Poor Julie, in some reports they made it sound like Brock and Bev were still a happy couple. I also thought some of Bev's commenta a 'little' barbed. poor timeing on her part.
    Remember when David Hookes died and every one kept talking of his poor wife.Turns out they were separated and he had a 'new' partner.
    I see echoes of this again.
    It should not matter about all the details but the media make the details relavent and to not recognise a 'new' partner is cruel.
    Anyway none of this helps poor Peter or his family and loved ones.

Maybe they were keeping Peters new partner out of it for the sake of his kids.....
    I must admit Ive always liked Bev but she certainly didnt lose anytime appearing on tv...he was her husband for 28yrs...she must have been feeling some sort of shock youd think...and I did notice that her book got a few mentions also...I hate having mean thoughts

Peter's family are accepting the offer of a state funeral.

Im pleased because he deserves it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast