Peter Brock is Dead

Shelly.....I just came to post this as well.......Brocky proberly wasnt as well known overseas as Steve....but he sure is/was a legend here.....This is another big blow for Australia........youre right Shelly..this is just too much.......two Aussie icons gone in one week.

I know Dingo, I am just blown away by this. I had just logged off WS to my homepage and there it was. I cannot believe it. I am stunned.

They say things come in 3's, lets hope not. 2 Aussie legends in 1 week is 2 too many. :(

OMG

They do say things happen in threes, geez....2 Aussies in one week dying doing what they loved.
I wonder if he died instantly, let's hope so.

I don't follow car racing at all, but most certainly everyone knows Brockie!
Always thought he seemed like a nice guy.
His poor kids.

I have never heard of this person. Im sorry regardless ... :(

oh boy, another broken hearted day.

Peter Brock was an Aussie legend not just for few years but for over 30 years.
What a way to go.
RIP BROCKIE. You will be missed on the Mount.

Mygirlsadie said:
I have never heard of this person. Im sorry regardless ... :(
Thankyou Mygirl....Brockie was as well known in Australia as Steve Irwin.He has been a hero to many for a lot of years.
RIP Brockie:(

OMG another aussie icon lost, hes a legend even if you don't follow the sport.

Just like Steve hes died doing what he loves most, I just hope it was quick and he didn't suffer.

"They say, things happen in 3's" Oh i hope not!

Steve and Brockie in just 1 week, that's a hell of a lot of Aussie tears being shed just with those 2 another legend/icon lost would be .......devastating!

R.I.P Brockie (Peter Perfect) and thanks for the memories

~aussieblue

I too, have never heard of Peter Brock here in America, but what a blow for Australia to lose another legend. So sorry for your loss. :(

Oh, no...to my Aussie friends...I am so sorry. Two in one week is just unbelievable. SO sorry.

Thankyou Kris and Englishleigh.........We appreciate your kind thoughts.

Hey Dingo :) My sentiments exactly, Thanks guys.

My youngest dau and her boyfriend are in New Zealand on holidays. I rang to tell them because Adam is a huge Brocky fan and I didn't want him to hear it on TV.

Nikki sent me a msg later, saying that he is just devastated. Too sad. :(

Brock was "larger than life"

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060908/23/10gmv.html

They didnt call him The King of Mountain for nothing...my husband was upset as well...its not that many years ago that I made him sell his Brock Special...what a car that was..I use to love hooning around town in it:p

King of the Mountain alright, he was a real winner :)

My mate Ronnie is the biggest Holden fan and just loved Brockie, she is taking it hard, along with Steve it's all too much for her :(

Can just see you hooning around town in that Dingo....lol

Sad to hear about Brockie. My husband is really upset as he is into car racing.

Feel sorry for his girlfriend because no-one seems to be acknowledgeing he even had one.They lived together .
Will be thinking of Peter when I start my v8 today.

Oh geez. I have lots of family in Australia and they are reeling. One of my cousins worked with Steve and apparently he was just as outgoing and enthusiastic off camera. He will be missed terribly by many many people whose lives he has touched. :(

My hubby would know about Brock as most of my male cousins are very into race cars and that whole scene and talked his and our teen son's ear off all about it while we were there last. Racing is huge even with young adults that aren't professional. My Aunts and Uncles cringe when it's talked about... so much money and the moms worry 'heaps'. :(

Jubie

narlacat said:
King of the Mountain alright, he was a real winner :)

My mate Ronnie is the biggest Holden fan and just loved Brockie, she is taking it hard, along with Steve it's all too much for her :(

Can just see you hooning around town in that Dingo....lol
Couldnt help but hoon in a car like that Narla...I not into cars as such..but I did love the sound of that one...ahhhhh those were the days:( Now we drive something much more sensible..and boring.

cappuccina said:
....too much in one week...
Thankyou Cappuccina....Australias heart has been broken twice in one week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back