837 users online (136 members and 701 guests)  

Websleuths News

SC - Sex Offender Killed In Crash After High Speed Chase

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9808046/de...03000209082006

Awwwww, the sex offender died, too bad SCUM BAG! I hope the 14 yr old boy will be OK, says he is in stable condition.

WALTERBORO, S.C. -- A registered sex offender from New York was killed and a 14-year-old boy who was in a vehicle with him was hospitalized after a high speed chase on Interstate 95 ended in a crash.

Highway Patrol Lance Corporal Paul Brouthers says 27-year-old Adam Mauro of Pelham, New York, was killed when he crossed a median and collided with an 18-wheeler yesterday.

Colleton County Sheriff's Deputy Ted Stanfield says Mauro didn't appear to be trying to avoid oncoming traffic as he drove north in the southbound lanes.

The boy was thrown from the vehicle and was taken to the Medical University of South Carolina hospital in Charleston. He was in stable condition last night.

Stanfield says the boy had been listed as missing but no Amber Alert had been issued. His name was not released.

one less twisted pedophile to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9808046/de...03000209082006

Awwwww, the sex offender died, too bad SCUM BAG! I hope the 14 yr old boy will be OK, says he is in stable condition.

WALTERBORO, S.C. -- A registered sex offender from New York was killed and a 14-year-old boy who was in a vehicle with him was hospitalized after a high speed chase on Interstate 95 ended in a crash.

Highway Patrol Lance Corporal Paul Brouthers says 27-year-old Adam Mauro of Pelham, New York, was killed when he crossed a median and collided with an 18-wheeler yesterday.

Colleton County Sheriff's Deputy Ted Stanfield says Mauro didn't appear to be trying to avoid oncoming traffic as he drove north in the southbound lanes.

The boy was thrown from the vehicle and was taken to the Medical University of South Carolina hospital in Charleston. He was in stable condition last night.

Stanfield says the boy had been listed as missing but no Amber Alert had been issued. His name was not released.

I guess the police thought this boy was just another teenage runaway. No sense in putting out an Amber Alert on a teenage runaway...waste of time
    is what I think that they think. Sounds like this boy was in danger in more than one way. If the guy didn't try to avoid the crash then he must have planned it to happen or was so involved in something else that he didn't even see what was going to happen...who knows.

I hope the boy lives and is alright. I wonder how he ended up with this guy.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I believe I read that the guy was a friend of the 14 year old's father.

I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    one less twisted pedophile to worry about!
    Yes but I often wonder, when someone flees and then gets himself killed on purpose like that, if he wasnt trying to escape the punishment for far worse crimes than what he was being stopped for.

Quote Originally Posted by docwho3
    Yes but I often wonder, when someone flees and then gets himself killed on purpose like that, if he wasnt trying to escape the punishment for far worse crimes than what he was being stopped for.
    Yep. Exactly. I hope they run his DNA.