702 users online (83 members and 619 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nurse Kills Intruder with Bare Hands

I love this story!

PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) -- A nurse returning from work discovered an intruder armed with a hammer in her home and strangled him with her bare hands, police said.
    Haffey, about 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds, had convictions including conspiracy to commit aggravated murder, robbery, drug charges and possession of burglary tools. Neighbors said Kuhnhausen's size -- 5-foot-7 and 260 pounds -- may have given her an advantage.

"Everyone that I've talked to says 'Hurray for Susan,' said neighbor Annie Warnock, who called 911.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/08/nur....ap/index.html

If this kind of thing happened more often maybe these ****s would think twice!

Wow, all I can say is "You go Girl".

Don't mess with an ER nurse, no matter what her age or size.

I like the fact that there's a law that says that this type of self defense is OK - if there's an intruder in your home, they recognize that it is a lethal threat.

YAAAYYY!!! Props to this woman, for sure!!! Good for her!!! Shoot, good for ALL OF US that this creep is done breathing!!!!

Nurse Strangles Intruder With Bare Hands

Nurse Strangles Intruder With Bare Hands

By Associated Press

document.write(getElapsed("20060908T212715Z"));5 hours agoUPDATED 3 HOURS 54 MINUTES AGO

PORTLAND, Ore. - A nurse returning from work discovered an intruder armed with a hammer in her home and strangled him with her bare hands, police said.

Susan Kuhnhausen, 51, ran to a neighbor's house after the confrontation Wednesday night. Police found the body of Edward Dalton Haffey, 59, a convicted felon with a long police record.

Officer Katherine Kent said homicide detectives have determined that Kuhnhausen killed Haffey in self-defense. She said a prosecutor is investigating but that the case is not expected to go to a grand jury.

Police said there was no obvious sign of forced entry at the house when Kuhnhausen, an emergency room nurse at Providence Portland Medical Center, got home from work shortly after 6 p.m.

Under Oregon law people can use reasonable deadly force when defending themselves against an intruder or burglar in their homes. Kuhnhausen was treated and released for minor injuries at Providence.

Haffey, about 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds, had convictions including conspiracy to commit aggravated murder, robbery, drug charges and possession of burglary tools. Neighbors said Kuhnhausen's size _ 5-foot-7 and 260 pounds _ may have given her an advantage.

"Everyone that I've talked to says 'Hurray for Susan,' said neighbor Annie Warnock, who called 911. "You didn't need to calm her. She's an emergency room nurse. She's used to dealing with crisis."

This should be posted in News That Makes you Smile...cause I am grinning

!!!!!

I hope if I am ever assaulted that I have the presence of mind to defend myself. I am impressed with this woman and glad that this guy won't be hurting anyone else.

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    This should be posted in News That Makes you Smile...cause I am grinning
    LOL.......Linda, that is funny...

I am very proud of her that she had the sense about her to react. I am a nurse as well and worked years in l&d you have no choice but to think fast. The same is true for er nurses. I would guess though that she will have a hard time dealing with this.

She was lots bigger than this guy and he was practically elderly. She must really be strong to be able to strangle with her bare hands.

I have to laugh at the guy thinking he was going to hurt her than realising his life was on the line.

She was a big gal. Too bad he could not rethink his victim! lol

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki
    She was lots bigger than this guy and he was practically elderly. She must really be strong to be able to strangle with her bare hands.
    He was only 8 years older than her. She was 51 he was 59.

Wink

Splat===@

Another one bits the dust instead of going to jail just to get out and do it again..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast