Jilted bride replaces wedding with charity event

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link
VERGENNES, Vt. -- The wedding's off but the bride is still having a party.

Kyle Paxman has turned her would-be reception into a benefit after she learned six weeks before her wedding that her fiance was cheating on her.

"I'm really just trying to turn it around and make something positive out of it," she said.

dark_shadows said:
news link
VERGENNES, Vt. -- The wedding's off but the bride is still having a party.

Kyle Paxman has turned her would-be reception into a benefit after she learned six weeks before her wedding that her fiance was cheating on her.

"I'm really just trying to turn it around and make something positive out of it," she said.
Good for her!

Now that's a great story. Thanks DS.

I applaud this woman!! She sounds like a fantastic person with a lot going for her. It's a good thing that she discovered that her fiance was a philanderer BEFORE the wedding. I'm willing to bet that he was cheating on her throughout the entire relationship. Someone probably told her about it because she was going to marry him.

IMO, she'll have no problem finding another guy--one who won't cheat and will appreciate her.

Good for her!!!:)
Sure glade she found out before the wedding....

nanandjim said:
I applaud this woman!! She sounds like a fantastic person with a lot going for her. It's a good thing that she discovered that her fiance was a philanderer BEFORE the wedding. I'm willing to bet that he was cheating on her throughout the entire relationship. Someone probably told her about it because she was going to marry him.

IMO, she'll have no problem finding another guy--one who won't cheat and will appreciate her.

Isn't that the truth though. What a woman. Talk about turning something sad into something good. She is the lucky one and one day she will be so glad that she found out about him before that ring was placed on her finger.

Good on you Kyle. Lucky she found out he was a lying cheating SOB before she married him. I hope her charity event is a huge success and she meets a good bloke that willtreat her right.

I'm cheered to hear how a sad event has turned into something so positive.

on a more malicious note: i'm thrilled the lying, cheating S.O.B. she was going to be stuck with has, amongst his friends and family - and i don't doubt he'll be outed publicly - has been shown up in this way so as they can cast their eyes over him with disdain.

he knows what he lost.

hee hee: revenge is a dish best served up as a lavish meal of Vermont cheddar cheese soup, filet mignon, and crab-stuffed shrimp and benefits others!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ve...eled_wedding_is_transformed_into_celebration/

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/09/09/1157860770_9055.jpg
Kyle Paxman (right) and her mother, Patricia Carbee, entered the Basin Harbor Club in Vergennes, Vt., yesterday for a fund-raiser. (Caleb Kenna for the Globe

Another photo of Kyle;

jilted_bride_benefit.sff_ful.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288