Beauty pageants and losers with a bad attitude

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
I would really like to know more information about the beauty pageants JonBenet participated in. There are different kinds. Did her titles involve small local contests?

I had a child who participated in local and then the larger pageants where there was lots of competition. Speaking from experience I can tell you that the local level caused actually "hate" from some parents. People are strange, but I heard it with my own ears. An adult, parent or a 6 year old contestant, who didn't win, talking about the contest and the child who had won. She said dreadful things, she didn't know it was my daughter she was talking about. She was very angry. People are strange. I guess its just like the crazy people who blow up at the little league games.

I would just like to know more about the contests that were on the local level and see if we have some hate there.

Somewhere deep in these threads is a list of pagents JBR participated in.
Ill see if I can find the thread for you.

Off topic , but I just saw Little Miss Sunshine tonight. Great movie BTW, but when I watched the pageantry of the little girls this whole JBR thing really hit me. It was really unsettling.

ETA: Particularly interesting was that the MC for the pageant looked just liked JMK! Has anyone else seen this movie?

Im having trouble finding the thread...but somebody much smarter than me is bound to come along and know the answers:D .

No JBean, but I'd love to see it. Did you rent it? Wonder if Blockbuster has it?

Hi Dingo, I found a list online, and I'll try to locate it for you.

Scandi

scandi said:
No JBean, but I'd love to see it. Did you rent it? Wonder if Blockbuster has it?

Hi Dingo, I found a list online, and I'll try to locate it for you.

Scandi
I saw it at the theater tonight. It was outstanding. It is very funny and a wild story I loved it.
The pageant itself was not really a big part of the film, but when they showed all those little girls and their outfits and their talents, it just really made me think. Of course the audience( in the movie itself not our theater) was full of pedophiles watching the little darlings. It was something.

Here you go Dingo, from Wikipedia:

"JonBenét Ramsey held a number of child beauty contest titles, including (in alphabetical order) America's Royal Miss, Colorado State All-Star Kids Cover Girl, Little Miss Charlevoix Michigan, Little Miss Colorado, Little Miss Merry Christmas, Little Miss Sunburst, and National Tiny Miss Beauty."

Scandi

OMG JBean, how Hilarious!~ :p

Was it a regular commercially made movie? I'm calling Blockbuster tomorrow to see if they have it.

Thanks Scandi

scandi said:
OMG JBean, how Hilarious!~ :p

Was it a regular commercially made movie? I'm calling Blockbuster tomorrow to see if they have it.

Thanks Scandi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_miss_sunshine#Plot_summary

It is a drama, a comedy, a satire, it is truly a great film. I will say when they showed all the faces of those little pageant contestants they all looked like JBR in a very scary way. That mature dressed way too old for their age with the provocative moves..that was a little tough to watch after all the conversation in here.

Thankyou Scandi.....there you go Beyond Belief.

Little Miss Sunshine is still in theatres - meaning it won't be at Blockbuster right now.

JBean said:
Off topic , but I just saw Little Miss Sunshine tonight. Great movie BTW, but when I watched the pageantry of the little girls this whole JBR thing really hit me. It was really unsettling.

ETA: Particularly interesting was that the MC for the pageant looked just liked JMK! Has anyone else seen this movie?

Karr's such a gad-about, who knows, maybe he really did get an MC job at some pageants. By Patsy saying that santa bear was "shabby", just a wild guess, he may have slipped it into the things to be given to the kids. I forget if that was in Co. or where.

Congratulations on your little girl's win, BeyondBelief.

Eagle1 said:
Karr's such a gad-about, who knows, maybe he really did get an MC job at some pageants. By Patsy saying that santa bear was "shabby", just a wild guess, he may have slipped it into the things to be given to the kids. I forget if that was in Co. or where.

Congratulations on your little girl's win, BeyondBelief.
LOL. no kidding! But no it was not him in the movie, but my dh, my sister,my SIL, and I all sat up at the theater when he came on and went OMG in unison.
But they did show people that probably just go to these pageants and watch the little girls strut.Their hair and makeup was over the top and they all looked like grown up sexy women, only smaller. It really was odd. Makes me understand how someone certainly could have gotten JBR in their sights thru these pageants.

JBean said:
LOL. no kidding! But no it was not him in the movie, but my dh, my sister,my SIL, and I all sat up at the theater when he came on and went OMG in unison.
But they did show people that probably just go to these pageants and watch the little girls strut.Their hair and makeup was over the top and they all looked like grown up sexy women, only smaller. It really was odd. Makes me understand how someone certainly could have gotten JBR in their sights thru these pageants.

Word of mouth is Little Miss Sunshine is great.
Look at those audiences. Other than family members and friends, what kind of person goes to those pageants? Your ordinary football fan guy? I don't think so.

Beyond Belief said:
I \ She was very angry. People are strange. I guess its just like the crazy people who blow up at the little league games.

I would just like to know more about the contests that were on the local level and see if we have some hate there.

Yeah, people are strange like that. I think when you get to the national level of any kind of thing, people may feel that way, but they hide it a lot better.
:doh:

Texana said:
Word of mouth is Little Miss Sunshine is great.
Look at those audiences. Other than family members and friends, what kind of person goes to those pageants? Your ordinary football fan guy? I don't think so.
It was great, best movie I have seen in awhile. Funny, you described part of the pageant scene audience. Friends, family and there was at least one football watching tatooed guy in particular,who was obviously there to watch the "show" I want to look at the audience IN THE FILM again when i see it next.

LOL I thinki I'll wait till BBuster gets it so I don't have to sit in an audience of what I call 'pervy pedos'. :D

Scandi

PS: I did go to an adult movie theater a couple of times when I was young until I realized what all those guys were doing in the seats around me while I was concentrating on the story. LOL And then when I began to wonder what I might be sitting on, well that was enough for me for a lifetime!!!

scandi said:
LOL I thinki I'll wait till BBuster gets it so I don't have to sit in an audience of what I call 'pervy pedos'. :D

Scandi

PS: I did go to an adult movie theater a couple of times when I was young until I realized what all those guys were doing in the seats around me while I was concentrating on the story. LOL And then when I began to wonder what I might be sitting on, well that was enough for me for a lifetime!!!
No Scandi!!The movie theater audience isn't pervy pedo's, some of the people in the pageant scene of the movie itself had some pervy weirdos.
The first time my sister went, she was in an audience of people from leisure World, (seniors) and they were calppign and laughing and really having a great time.

Texana said:
Yeah, people are strange like that. I think when you get to the national level of any kind of thing, people may feel that way, but they hide it a lot better.
:doh:
I think it would be worth looking into past contestants, maybe their older brothers and see if there is any track record of child molesting. Ten years has past, so if this was an intruder, surely he has struck again. I would start with that little miss xmas contest. Older brothers can get really weird if someone hurts their little sister. Not winning one of these contests can break a childs heart. You just don't know what knd of reaction your going to get.

JBean said:

I had the very same reaction when I saw the movie last week. The pagent part nearly freaked me out.
But all in all it was a really good, a bit strange, but good movie.
It was one of those that if you see if a second time I am sure there will be things you missed the first time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back