651 users online (87 members and 564 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182

    Ellen DeGeneres to host 2007 Oscars

    Ellen DeGeneres to host 2007 Oscars


    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=143043



    Ellen cracks me up

    What do others think, she up for the job?

  2. #2
    she's up for the job, imo....she'll do great!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    I like Ellen.......humour seems to come naturally to her...she doesnt have to pretend to be funny.

    Did that make sense.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Did to me lol

    She is naturally funny that's for sure..
    I think she'll be alot of fun.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    Thats what I meant to say

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    808
    Good choice to host the Oscars. Too bad best picture and director are already forgone conclusions, i.e. Clint for Flags of our Fathers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobi
    Good choice to host the Oscars. Too bad best picture and director are already forgone conclusions, i.e. Clint for Flags of our Fathers.
    Wow...I have never even heard of this movie! Actually, haven't paid much attention to what has come out for a while, or what is coming...

    I like Ellen and think she will do a great job but what about Jon Stewart? I thought he was terrific and figured he would be asked back as everyone seemed to enjoy him...

    Lynie

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by lynie
    Wow...I have never even heard of this movie! Actually, haven't paid much attention to what has come out for a while, or what is coming...

    I like Ellen and think she will do a great job but what about Jon Stewart? I thought he was terrific and figured he would be asked back as everyone seemed to enjoy him...

    Lynie
    {edit: i am stupid and need a slapping}

    As for Clint's new flick, it's your typical oscar bait: a sentimental war movie directed by a Hollywood legend. The key to its inevitable success however is the gimmick: there will be two movies depicting the same battle in the pacific. One showing the american perspective (Flag of our Fathers) and one showing the Japanese perspective (Letters from Iwo Jima) -- both directed by Clint.

    I'm hoping The Fountain will get some recognition.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Ellen DeGeneres to host 2007 Oscars


    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=143043



    Ellen cracks me up

    What do others think, she up for the job?
    I love it when she dances!! Yeah.....she's up to it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobi
    I thought Jon did a pretty good job but at one point he insulted Jude Law which prompted (a clearly p'd-off) Sean Penn to come out and defend Jude.
    Wasn't that Chris Rock?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly
    Wasn't that Chris Rock?
    d'oh! I think you're right. But Jon did irk Hanks, right? Hmm. Not sure anymore.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobi
    d'oh! I think you're right. But Jon did irk Hanks, right? Hmm. Not sure anymore.
    I'm not sure if it was Stewart or the orchestra he was mad at. I heard that Hanks had asked the orchestra not to play the music from Forrest Gump when he had to walk up but they did anyway and so he was upset.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Hahaha funny, I didn't know that.
    I wouldn't want to be reminded about Forrest Gump either
    Hanks annoys me, never liked any of his movies.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,715
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Hahaha funny, I didn't know that.
    I wouldn't want to be reminded about Forrest Gump either
    Hanks annoys me, never liked any of his movies.
    Have you seen "Big"? Or Splash? Those are classic.
    The thing about Hanks is he can do comedy, or serious acting like Saving Private Ryan.

    He's not the handsomest guy on the block, but I think he's a really good actor.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    I dunno what it is with Hanks and its not anything about his looks.
    I just don't find him that interesting..maybe he is a good actor but his movies are all so boring.
    I've seen Big and Splash yeah...neither thrilled me too much lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Ellen DeGeneres Denies Divorce Rumors
    By BetteDavisEyes in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 04:27 PM
  2. Ellen DeGeneres' Brief To Supreme Court
    By BetteDavisEyes in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 11:46 PM
  3. Ellen DeGeneres out as 'American Idol' judge
    By Dark Knight in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 12:19 AM
  4. Ellen DeGeneres getting married
    By JanetElaine in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 01:13 PM
  5. Ellen Degeneres under fire for giving away dog
    By reb in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 320
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 12:14 PM