Ellen DeGeneres to host 2007 Oscars

I like Ellen.......humour seems to come naturally to her...she doesnt have to pretend to be funny.

Did that make sense.:confused:

Did to me lol

She is naturally funny that's for sure..
I think she'll be alot of fun.

Good choice to host the Oscars. Too bad best picture and director are already forgone conclusions, i.e. Clint for Flags of our Fathers.

Jacobi said:
Good choice to host the Oscars. Too bad best picture and director are already forgone conclusions, i.e. Clint for Flags of our Fathers.

Wow...I have never even heard of this movie! Actually, haven't paid much attention to what has come out for a while, or what is coming...

I like Ellen and think she will do a great job but what about Jon Stewart? I thought he was terrific and figured he would be asked back as everyone seemed to enjoy him...

Lynie

lynie said:
Wow...I have never even heard of this movie! Actually, haven't paid much attention to what has come out for a while, or what is coming...

I like Ellen and think she will do a great job but what about Jon Stewart? I thought he was terrific and figured he would be asked back as everyone seemed to enjoy him...

Lynie
{edit: i am stupid and need a slapping}

As for Clint's new flick, it's your typical oscar bait: a sentimental war movie directed by a Hollywood legend. The key to its inevitable success however is the gimmick: there will be two movies depicting the same battle in the pacific. One showing the american perspective (Flag of our Fathers) and one showing the Japanese perspective (Letters from Iwo Jima) -- both directed by Clint.

I'm hoping The Fountain will get some recognition.

Jacobi said:
I thought Jon did a pretty good job but at one point he insulted Jude Law which prompted (a clearly p'd-off) Sean Penn to come out and defend Jude.

Wasn't that Chris Rock?

Jacobi said:
d'oh! I think you're right. :eek: But Jon did irk Hanks, right? Hmm. Not sure anymore.

I'm not sure if it was Stewart or the orchestra he was mad at. I heard that Hanks had asked the orchestra not to play the music from Forrest Gump when he had to walk up but they did anyway and so he was upset.

Hahaha funny, I didn't know that.
I wouldn't want to be reminded about Forrest Gump either :p
Hanks annoys me, never liked any of his movies.

narlacat said:
Hahaha funny, I didn't know that.
I wouldn't want to be reminded about Forrest Gump either :p
Hanks annoys me, never liked any of his movies.

Have you seen "Big"? Or Splash? Those are classic.
The thing about Hanks is he can do comedy, or serious acting like Saving Private Ryan.

He's not the handsomest guy on the block, but I think he's a really good actor.

I dunno what it is with Hanks and its not anything about his looks.
I just don't find him that interesting..maybe he is a good actor but his movies are all so boring.
I've seen Big and Splash yeah...neither thrilled me too much lol

love Tom Hanks--"Splash" "The Man With One Red Shoe" "Big" "The Burbs" "Joe Vs. The Volcano" "Forest Gump" "Castaway" "Money Trap"--all fun----As far as Ellen Degeneres goes,we did like her '90's show,but can't stand her daytime show--she appears to try to be so "hip" its embarassing--However,I think she will be a fine choice to host the Oscars

I like her because she obviously likes to laugh and laughing keeps me sane it really does.
We get her daytime show but I don't watch it, have seen sippets here and there.
I think she'll be good for the Oscars, a woman hasn't done it for four years.

Ellen is SOOO up for the job.

In fact, I can't think of a better choice than her off the top of my head.

She is toooo funny, not pretentious at all, and down to earth.

Peter Hamilton said:
love Tom Hanks--"Splash" "The Man With One Red Shoe" "Big" "The Burbs" "Joe Vs. The Volcano" "Forest Gump" "Castaway" "Money Trap"--all fun----As far as Ellen Degeneres goes,we did like her '90's show,but can't stand her daytime show--she appears to try to be so "hip" its embarassing--However,I think she will be a fine choice to host the Oscars

You forgot Sleepless in Seattle! He has so many, it's unbelievable. I guess he does direction too, and voiceover (Polar Express)

I think Ellen's very funny; I could just watch her dance. In fact I'd love to run up there and dance with her (on her show, not the Oscars)

I don't watch very many movies, but one time on tv I happened across a movie I think was called "Philadelphia Story". I started watching about a third of the way into it and thought he was just awesome in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back