Bill McReynolds & the Small Wooden Harp

calicocat

Reaction score
Bill McReynolds showed reporter Dan Glick a small wooden harp he owned with the names of dead children carved on it and said there was a space left for JonBenet's name. Does anyone know how the other children died?

I'd sure like to know how the children died and why he was keeping such a record of it in that manner.

Since it's a Celtic harp, there could also be questions about ancient Celtic human sacrifices, BogMan, Lindow Man, etc., google search required if anyone's interested. I only remember that a last meal was required, and the body was left below ground level or under water, something like that. Don't remember seeing anything about notches or child sacrifices.

icedtea4me said:
Angels have been depicted as playing harps in heaven.
-Tea

Yes, Revelation 14. So you suppose the vision of the musicians on a sea of seeming glass will turn out to be a sea of TV screens? Just a thought, which I wouldn't voice in a church class. The different groups argue about whether the vision is about seven continents of the world, mistranslated seven hills because translaters had Rome on the brain, the writer never mentioned. He does use the word "mystery" in connection w/"babylon". Right? Some kind of underground, I'd guess. Rules kings.

Marching bands' music holders are in the shape of lyres, and that's just the universal symbol for music, on Union stationary and like that.

Their being used in the Bible doesn't mean Celtic harps couldn't be connected to some of the ancient human sacrifice customs, and I for one often wonder why McSanta had one, with notches representing dead children of all things!
Unusual, we have to admit.

What is the source of this harp idea?

http://www.boulderweekly.com/archive/122001/coverstory.html

McReynolds loved JonBenet. His fireplace was littered with photographs of her. When Newsweek reporter Dan Glick visited McReynolds at his Nederland home, McReynolds showed him a small wooden harp with the names of dead children carved on it's side. When McReynolds held the harp up, he shared a small secret with the veteran reporter, who later shared it with me.
"I've saved a small place right here for JonBenet's name," McReynolds told Glick.

calicocat said:
What is the source of this harp idea?

http://www.boulderweekly.com/archive/122001/coverstory.html

McReynolds loved JonBenet. His fireplace was littered with photographs of her. When Newsweek reporter Dan Glick visited McReynolds at his Nederland home, McReynolds showed him a small wooden harp with the names of dead children carved on it's side. When McReynolds held the harp up, he shared a small secret with the veteran reporter, who later shared it with me.
"I've saved a small place right here for JonBenet's name," McReynolds told Glick.
That sounds more like a typical 'reporter's story' than a real one, like something one of them made up.Consider the source.

I know, in the first page or so of Shapiro's account, he seems to have a hard time getting started, and states something is speculation, but if you manage to keep reading through his whole list of persons of interest and facts about them, it's interesting enough that I've bookmarked it, should have made some notes to put into this. Maybe will look again and bring up some of his points later. For instance, something about what Chris Wolf's girlfriend reported, re mud on his clothes, as if maybe he really was in that crawl space where the duffle bag was found, to get mud on his tshirt, and/or someplace else to get mud on his boots, but I think there had to be more than one person involved, including someone powerful that the R's couldn't have accused, who may have been a mastermind not actually at the scene. Shapiro warms up in the article to making some interesting statements.

There had been plenty of talk about JonBenet, all over the country !

And there's precedent for molesting a victim with something jagged, I've mentioned in another thread, from a book about the Michigan Co-ed Murders. One male college student was convicted as a serial killer but in the book, white cars, at least two, maybe several, were seen at the edge of a wood where a girl's body was found assaulted with a piece of a tree branch. Naturally, some of the victims didn't have cars and were taken when walking on the street, probably were offered a ride, but were perceived as prostitute street walkers. All in the perps' own heads, in the eye of the beholder. The same thing could well have figured in the case of little JonBenet. (I'm an FS, a fence sitter, never post any fave theory, keeping a lot of them in mind.)

Last edited:
^ @ 10:38 JM: ...What happened to him, when all of this came out, sensationalizing like, absolutely, like shattered his sense of self, I think in a lot of ways.
Like if you're, you know psychology,
in psychotherapy talk it's a called a schema fracture when you know, your view of the world just kind of gets turned upside-down.
And so that's what happened to him.
He never really recovered from that.
Like, he was just heart broken.
... he was an idealistic, sentimental, foolish kind of old man, you know.
He really believed in goodness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back