UK - Marty Layman-Mendonca, 57, beaten to death, Great Glen Way, 5 July 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link
GLASGOW, Scotland -- A man with a criminal record has pleaded guilty to attacking an American tourist with an iron bar in the Scottish Highlands, leaving her in a coma, newspapers reported Saturday.

Colin Ross, 34, of Inverness, Scotland, carried out the attack on Marty Layman-Mendonca, 57, a teacher from White River Junction, Vermont, in July _ less than a month after he had been released early from a three-year prison sentence for attacking a female German tourist in Scotland.

So they let them loose in Scotland, too. What a shame....after his first attack it should have been a life sentence with no parole.

SewingDeb said:
So they let them loose in Scotland, too. What a shame....after his first attack it should have been a life sentence with no parole.
Hi SewingDeb,
I want to thank-you for the post.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

SewingDeb said:

Yes they do. and yes it should! :furious: :behindbar :furious:

Not murder yet, though. attempted murder.

Before the attack, Scottish police were so concerned about the risks that Ross posed to women that on June 29 _ six days before the Layman-Mendonca attack _ they were granted a sexual offenses prevention order banning him from approaching women or wearing a balaclava, The Scotsman said.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=5385902

courts tie the police's hands! :furious:

Read Scotsman:

AN URGENT investigation was last night demanded into why one of Scotland's most violent criminals was released early from prison weeks before carrying out a horrific attack that left an American tourist in a coma.

Colin Ross, a self-confessed woman-hater, yesterday admitted attacking Marty Layman-Mendonca, 57, a teacher from Vermont, with an iron bar near Inverness on 5 July.

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1332892006

When he was arrested, he confessed, saying: "I can't cope on the outside. I've got so many anger issues. I am a danger to the public and I don't deserve to be walking about."

Hi Floh,:)

Thank-you for taking the time to reply and add links to this thread.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

dark_shadows said:
Hi Floh,:)

Thank-you for taking the time to reply and add links to this thread.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I'm just disgusted and heartsick. do read all the Scotsman link. it has much detail about the do-gooders responsible for this animal being out on parole. i feel sorry for the police. they are trying their utmost. they even got him registered as a sex offender even though he wasn't in an attempt to keep tabs on him.

on the streets - we know they are on the streets, but this beggars belief.

i won't forget this lady and surely hope for a miracle.

link

WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, Vt. -- A Vermont teacher attacked while hiking in the Scottish Highlands died Tuesday, the principal at the school where she taught said.

How terrible for her family and all her students who probably remember her fondly. I had been hoping for a better outcome than this :( Rest in Peace Marty Layman-Mendonca.

why was he freed?
because society missed him so much?

reb said:
why was he freed?
because society missed him so much?

Isn't that just sickening! And they even released him early. Maybe now they will put him in prison and throw away the key.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back