1092 users online (239 members and 853 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,116

    CA - Dozens Arrested In Child Predator Sting Operation

    Long Beach police arrested 38 men in a sting operation targeting predators using Internet chatrooms to find children under 14 with whom to have sex, authorities said.


    "We want everyone to know that Long Beach police are enforcing these laws and if you're an adult trying to have sex with a child ... you will go to jail," Long Beach police Sgt. Lee DeBrabander told the Los Angeles Times.

    Long Beach police arrested the men during the course of the three-day sting operation, which was conducted with the aid of national citizen watchdog group Perverted Justice and NBC's "Dateline" TV news magazine, which will air the sting in October, the Long Beach Press-Telegram reported.

    http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9819019/detail.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,530
    Way to go! That 38 more bombs waiting to go off that won't be getting any more children for at least awhile.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    I notice that they're focusing more on guys going after underage girls than those targeting underage boys now. When they first started doing these shows it was a 50/50 hetero/homo mix. I wonder what the reasons for doing this are, since the men who target young boys tend to be far more prolific/repeat offenders?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,530
    Might just be chance, or what is out there or the ones that go after boys are more organized and NAMBLA is warning them about Perverted Justice actions.

    For the sting, the volunteers pose as males or females, and it's just about who will hit on the bait.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    I notice that they're focusing more on guys going after underage girls than those targeting underage boys now. When they first started doing these shows it was a 50/50 hetero/homo mix. I wonder what the reasons for doing this are, since the men who target young boys tend to be far more prolific/repeat offenders?
    I think they are even further underground, the boylovers. They can masquerade as regular straight guys and regular gay guys, even date other adult males. I would bet that they are the worst re-offenders, based just on research I've done for my blog.

    Steve

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by misterallgood
    I think they are even further underground, the boylovers. They can masquerade as regular straight guys and regular gay guys, even date other adult males. I would bet that they are the worst re-offenders, based just on research I've done for my blog.

    Steve
    In any case, the ones Dateline catches appear to be the stupidest of the lot.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    472
    This news makes my day! I wish all LE agencies would periodically set up stings like this.

    So one the *******s is upset at being caught and says "How would you feel if somebody set you up?"....You have got to be kidding me!

    And another one states he is glad it is over because he wants to get help....Why didn't he seek help before this?

    I believe we all know that child predators will continue their evil deeds for as long as they possibly can....It is only when they are caught that they suddenly want help because it sounds good to the court system.

    And what do you know....Another of the *******s was previously arrested in a sting a few months earlier. Did that keep him from doing it again? No. Are we surprised....?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,530
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    In any case, the ones Dateline catches appear to be the stupidest of the lot.
    Especially the one caught twice by Dateline - that's bad (and why was he free????!).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by mfmangel1
    This news makes my day! I wish all LE agencies would periodically set up stings like this.

    So one the *******s is upset at being caught and says "How would you feel if somebody set you up?"....You have got to be kidding me!

    And another one states he is glad it is over because he wants to get help....Why didn't he seek help before this?

    I believe we all know that child predators will continue their evil deeds for as long as they possibly can....It is only when they are caught that they suddenly want help because it sounds good to the court system.

    And what do you know....Another of the *******s was previously arrested in a sting a few months earlier. Did that keep him from doing it again? No. Are we surprised....?
    Exactly

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Details
    Especially the one caught twice by Dateline - that's bad (and why was he free????!).
    They've actually had two or three that have been netted twice.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NWST Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    175
    If you go to PeeJ's website, on the main page, will show all the convictions. The Rabbi who was caught in the last sting, is going away for quite awhile.
    I notice that they're focusing more on guys going after underage girls than those targeting underage boys now. When they first started doing these shows it was a 50/50 hetero/homo mix. I wonder what the reasons for doing this are, since the men who target young boys tend to be far more prolific/repeat offenders?
    There is no focus on one particular sex. Some pose as girls, some as boys. It all depends on the Predator and what 'kid' he chooses.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NWST Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    175
    BTW, these stings will be shown on Dateline:

    TCAP airdates - On your local NBC affiliate...
    — Wednesday, Sept. 13, 8 p.m. - Georgia, pt. 1
    — Friday, Sept. 22, 9 p.m. - Georgia, pt. 2
    — Friday, Sept. 29, 9 p.m. - Petaluma California, pt. 1
    — Friday, Oct. 6, 9 p.m. - Petaluma California, pt. 2
    — Friday, Oct. 13, 9 p.m. - Long Beach California, pt. 1
    — Friday, Oct. 20, 9 p.m. - Long Beach California, pt. 2

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    651
    I try to watch the Dateline shows when they air, wish they did more of them!! IMO all parents should be watching and doing everything they can to make sure their kids are safe as can be from on-line preditors. The internet can be a wonderful thing but sadly there's a lot of evil that happens through it also.
    The preditors always have so much denial when they're busted, saying they were only coming over to keep the poor kid company cause they were home alone... yeah right!

    OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,336
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

    "Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous



Similar Threads

  1. FL - Internet Child Predator Sting, 22 men arrested, Polk County
    By Beyond Belief in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-05-2014, 03:05 PM
  2. FL - 31 arrested in South Florida sex-predator sting
    By Reader in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 10:22 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 01:05 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 10:52 AM
  5. NJ - 28 Arrested in Sexual Predator Sting
    By lilsister in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 06:18 PM