GUILTY UK - Rikki Neave, 6, murdered, Peterborough, 28 Nov 1994 *Arrest*

missacorah

Reaction score
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/newsfront.aspx?sectionid=1783

This little lad lived about 10 minutes away from me at the time of his death.Please take a while to read through this highly interesting case - lots of twists and turns for you to ponder over.

His mother Ruth was charged but cleared of his murder and no one else has ever been tried for his murder. So sad...

missacorah said:
I'm a little disappointed no one has offered a theory!

Be grateful to hear your opinions on this one! Thanks!. . .
Is there any reason that makes you think the jury got it right?

Juries sometimes allow guilty people to go free. In my opinion the OJ trial was one of those instances and there have been others. To offer a theory other than the one that investigators used to charge the mother with murder I would have to believe that the jury got it right and that the mother was innocent.

However the mother had no alibi that I am aware of and she was seen in the area near where the body was found at the right time to have been involved in his death. She was a self confessed high priestess of the occult & had books on sacrificing people and his body was found in a position and manner which matched the books she had and she had predicted to someone how or where the body would be found. She had been known to grab him by the throat in times past and she was on meth which it seems her husband supplied and I have read many true horror stories of what meth did to people and how they committed murders while under its influence.

Social services were told, more than once, she would kill the boy if she did not get help and on many occasions they were begged to take the boy away to save his life. Social services people merely collected their pay checks and did nothing to save the boy at all and as far as I am concerned they are as much to blame for his murder as the mother and should have been charged along with her.

Also the stepfather of the boy was a bigamist and was married to another while still being married to Rikki's mother. Did she get wind of something about the other woman and in combination with the drugs it snapped her? I don't know but somehow I doubt it. Maybe she thought she had made a deal with the devil and something about the boys dead sacrificed body was supposed to be proof of some imbued power which may be why she wanted to see it in such a way that it seemed odd to those present and was remarked about in print. I don't know.

I also do not know if she did the act alone or if she had help from some young person or young people. Only those who gathered evidence might have an idea of whether one or more than one person was involved in the death. She was a selfconfessed high priestess so maybe she managed to wow a young person or persons into becoming her followers. Maybe she used sex and/or drugs as an inducement. . . . maybe, but no evidence surfaced to connect anyone else to her in that way. The only other young person to be allegedly connected to the murder was one that had bragged to another kid that he had done the deed. Evidently that "confession" was not proven true by L.E. upon their investigation. Only in one article did I read where other boys had possibly been with Rikki for awhile on the day he died and this was in an article that was trying to make the case that his murder was similar to another previous murder so I may have read so fast that I confused that bit about boys with the Rikki case.

So far I see no reason to think the mother should not have been brought up on charge of murder.

Back to my original question:
Is there any reason that makes you think the jury got it right?

THE stepfather of Rikki Neave, the murdered schoolboy, was jailed for three years yesterday after admitting that he was a bigamist and a drug dealer.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1996/11/09/nneave09.html
social workers paved the way for this murder to occur.
http://www.archive.official-documents.co.uk/document/cm41/4169/chap-3.htm

Edited to add:
Children still at risk three years after Rikki murder
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1997/10/15/nrik15.html
Hard lesson learned from trail of abuse
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/region_wide/2006/01/07/92c24921-1347-4485-90ca-d5ea36de130f.lpf
trial
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1783&ArticleID=893473

Poor Rikki Neave. No justice for the murder of a smallboy.Mother will only pay for her crime when she meets her maker. I wonder how many of the Social workers are still collecting paychecks even though they knew Rikki needed help?
Rikki's mum could not cope and sounds like she needed help for her drug addiction if nothing else. Why are children in danger just left? Is it to hard to 'take' them away?
We see Rikki Neaves all over the world and will keep seeing these cases.:sick: Makes me so sad and angry. this is the reason I am thinking of doing short term foster care. just because I want to make a difference and help kids.

Hi Docwho and Kazzbar and thank you for taking the time to raed up on this case.

In answer to your question Docwho I do not recall ever saying that I thought Ruth Neave was innocent and after double checking can confirm that nope I indeed never did! The points you raised in your post were spot on and ones I agree with. I read up on this case extensively yesterday and am under the impression Ruth Neave either comitted or was involved with her sons death.

missacorah said:
Hi Docwho and Kazzbar and thank you for taking the time to raed up on this case.

In answer to your question Docwho I do not recall ever saying that I thought Ruth Neave was innocent and after double checking can confirm that nope I indeed never did! The points you raised in your post were spot on and ones I agree with. I read up on this case extensively yesterday and am under the impression Ruth Neave either comitted or was involved with her sons death.
I agree that you never said that you thought she was innocent and I did not mean to sound as if I was taking you to task for anything. What I was trying to do was to ask why you needed or desired a theory be posted on this case as it seemed fairly clear that L.E. had got it right the first time. I posted the facts that I did partly to back up my own reasoning and also to help those who might not have yet read the case details because I noticed that there were not many details posted in the first post (although there was a good link to info.)

I was a bit upset that those social workers and their supervisors had allowed the boy to be killed and in a second post I posted the links to that info as well. Even the head of the agency itself seems to have been a pedophile who was sent to jail for several years for his acts against the children under his care. It seems that the other supervisors of the agency were "allowed" to retire although I think they should have been charged with murder or whatever it is called in that country when someone, by thir actions, shows depraved indifference to a child or person in mortal danger.

kazzbar said:
Poor Rikki Neave. No justice for the murder of a smallboy.Mother will only pay for her crime when she meets her maker. I wonder how many of the Social workers are still collecting paychecks even though they knew Rikki needed help?. . .
According to what I read in researching this case, 3 of the social workers involved with the boys case were dismissed but later were reinstated when people (unnamed in the article that I read) charged that the workers were merely being used as scapegoats for their supervisors mishandling of the case.

Hi Docwho - I certainly have no beef with you - think we may have got our wires crossed even though we are both on the same side!

Interested to hear about the head of the agency you mentioned! Knew nothing about that! If you can, could you post a link to that bit as I have missed it completely!

In answer to your question I wanted to bring up the case to hear other peoples views on the case and how it was handled etc - nothing more!

missacorah said:
Hi Docwho - I certainly have no beef with you - think we may have got our wires crossed even though we are both on the same side!. . .
Agreed!

missacorah said:
. . .Interested to hear about the head of the agency you mentioned! Knew nothing about that! If you can, could you post a link to that bit as I have missed it completely!
I misspoke in saying it was the head of the agency. When I reread the articles I saw that it was a senior member but that is bad enough. Here are some links:

". . .The department came under further scrutiny in March when Keith Laverack - a former senior member of the Cambridgeshire social services management team - was jailed for 18 years for the systematic sexual abuse of children in his care. . ."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1997/10/15/nrik15.html
". . . As reported in yesterday (Friday, 06 January)'s News, serial paedophile Keith Laverack, who was jailed for 18 years for abusing and raping scores of children in council-run homes, will be able to apply for parole in March.
Laverack, who was described as social services' "blue-eyed boy" before his crimes were uncovered, held senior management positions and enjoyed a successful career despite a 20-year reign of abuse of children in the care system.
. . ."
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/region_wide/2006/01/07/92c24921-1347-4485-90ca-d5ea36de130f.lpf

missacorah said:
. . .In answer to your question I wanted to bring up the case to hear other peoples views on the case and how it was handled etc - nothing more!
Thanks for the explanation.

God I had no idea about that! How on earth have I missed that?

I agree a senior member is as bad as the head - he was in a position of trust and there were multiple victims.

Disgusting!

I read up on this case a bit the other day, and tried again tonight but have a bad headache and it isn't sinking in. Is there a timeline of events surrounding the murder do you all know, and also were there any other suspects, DNA evidence etc. Sorry do not mean to be dense but I can't get my act together, darn headache.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1783&ArticleID=892911

There is a factfile/timeline at the bottom of this link - just scroll down. Hope this helps.

As far as I know there were no other clear suspects. I know a teenager did confess but was then released. There was also an incident on the estate a few months prior to Rikkis death where a young boy was assalulted in the area near where Rikkis body was found.

Ruths partner, Dean never seemed to feature very much in the investigation which surprised me but I feel sure that Ruth needed help from someone in the aftermath of her sons murder if indeed she was the killer and I personally believe that she was.

Wow, its been 8 years since I posted on this thread but there are a few possible developments.
Rikkis' mother, Ruth Neave has demanded that the case be reopened on the 20th anniversary of his death and believes 2 youths from the estate they lived on could be responsible for her sons death.

Was Rikki Neave the victim of a ‘Bulger-style’ killer? That’s what his mum, acquitted of his murder, wants to know

An eight year old was stripped, turned upside down, and tied to a tree on the same estate where Rikki Neave was brutally murdered just six months later.

Evidence seen by this newspaper shows that a day after the attack, the boy made a 25 page statement to Cambridgeshire police providing graphic detail of the assault.
His statement – included in hundreds of pages of evidence obtained recently by Rikki Neave’s mother Ruth- reveals that six boys and one girl grabbed him off the Welland estate in Peterborough.
Only touched upon in the court during Neave’s trial, it now appears police had reports of this and another assault on young boys, on the same estate, and within six months of the murder of Rikki.

More here
http://www.cambstimes.co.uk/news/wa...quitted_of_his_murder_wants_to_know_1_3822823

There is a clear divide between Rikkis' family with Ruth and her new partner wanting a fresh investigation, planning a book and going along the lines of 2 youths being responsible for the murder while the other side has Rikkis' sisters, who no longer speak to their Mother and believe she either committed or helped to cover up his murder.

Rikkis' stepfather at the time, Dean Neaves died in a car crash in 1999. Ruth is also suggesting things didn't add up with his alibi:

Dean Neave, who died in a mysterious car crash in south Lincolnshire in 1999, says in one statement he was at his home near Wisbech – in a second statement he changes it and says he was near to his former wife’s home and in the company of three others.
More here
http://www.cambstimes.co.uk/news/ru...d_help_solve_riddle_of_son_s_murder_1_3760278

From 2004, testimony from another sister:

http://www.fenlandcitizen.co.uk/new...i-speaks-of-their-terrible-childhood-1-450874

She also recalled how her mother sent her and Rikki out on drug errands at night.

"Me and Rikki used to go hand-in-hand at midnight to collect little parcels.

"We didn't know what they were. She made us do it. We were scared of her and she would threaten us.

"If we didn't come back with anything she would make us stand by the wall or lock us in our room and board up the window so we couldn't see out."

In another incident, Becky recalls her mother dragging her along by her hair.

Becky, who went on to study at the Neale Wade Community College, was only eight and in the care of social services at the time of her brother's death.

That's not to say she killed him. Her neglect, which I'm sure was well known locally, would have made him an easy target.

Woman once dubbed Britain’s most evil mother pleads for help to
find real killer who strangled her son, 20 years after his murder

(Daily Mail)

⁍ Rikki Neave was found dead in woodlands near his family home in 1994
⁍ His mother Ruth was charged with his murder but cleared by a jury
⁍ But she admitted charges of cruelty against her son and his sisters
⁍ 20 years on, Mrs Neave has appealed for information about her son's death...
⁍ ...As her daughter recalled the abuse she suffered at their mother's hands
the story, with pictures, at link above

Rikki Neave murder case is re-opened after 20 years
11 June 2015 at 1:36pm

snipped
Cambridgeshire police is to re-open the case into the 20-year unsolved murder of 6-year old Rikki Neave, it has been announced today.

Detectives confirmed the re-opening of the case at a press conference at the Force HQ in Huntingdon.

"This is a 'category A' unsolved child murder...despite a lengthy operation at the time, no one has ever been brought to justice. In the past 21 years there have been significant forensic advances...there will now be an increased police presence in the Welland area and we will be calling on the public for help."
– CAMBRIDGESHIRE POLICE

Video's below of Rikkis mums press conference from back in November 2014, sorry there's 8 parts and have to add each one separately -

Rikki Neave Murder Enquiry Press Conference Part 1
[video=youtube;tagPPaDoxy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tagPPaDoxy8[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie