791 users online (137 members and 654 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,495

    FL - Joseph Devlin Faces Charges In 1970s Sexual Assault, 2006

    CLEARWATER - A 76-year-old man was arrested Tuesday, accused of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old boy 29 years ago, Clearwater police said.

    Joseph Aristide Devlin, of 1353 Lotus Path, faces one count of capital sexual battery. He was being held without bond Wednesday at the Pinellas County Jail.

    The victim, who is now a man, contacted Clearwater police on the advice of a counselor, said Clearwater police spokesman Wayne Shelor. The man knew his assailant, but the rape had never before been reported to Clearwater police, Shelor said.
    http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/ne...old_rape_case/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    CLEARWATER - A 76-year-old man was arrested Tuesday, accused of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old boy 29 years ago, Clearwater police said.

    Joseph Aristide Devlin, of 1353 Lotus Path, faces one count of capital sexual battery. He was being held without bond Wednesday at the Pinellas County Jail.

    The victim, who is now a man, contacted Clearwater police on the advice of a counselor, said Clearwater police spokesman Wayne Shelor. The man knew his assailant, but the rape had never before been reported to Clearwater police, Shelor said.
    http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/ne...old_rape_case/
    I applaud this grown man's bravery. How wonderful that he was able to honor the child in him who was molested. It's terrific that they arrested the offender.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,810
    I agree. Bravo to him. The perp probably thought he smooth got away with it.

    But I thought there was a statute of limitations on molestation/sexual assault? Guess not.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    I agree. Bravo to him. The perp probably thought he smooth got away with it.

    But I thought there was a statute of limitations on molestation/sexual assault? Guess not.
    I thought abou the SOL also...but I don't know much about it in these types of situations. Maybe brighter legal minds than mine will stop by with some comments.

  5. #5
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    I thought abou the SOL also...but I don't know much about it in these types of situations. Maybe brighter legal minds than mine will stop by with some comments.
    It's probably different for each state. Plus it can be different depending on how many years since the victim became an adult (like it must be reported X number of years after reaching age 18).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    It's probably different for each state. Plus it can be different depending on how many years since the victim became an adult (like it must be reported X number of years after reaching age 18).
    Here's a link with state by state info.



Similar Threads

  1. Lloyd Lee Welch faces new 1996 sexual assault charges
    By bessie in forum Sheila and Katherine Lyon
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 05:47 PM
  2. PA - Son Faces Similar Sexual Assault Charges Against Children As Dad
    By Filly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM