Attention Canadian members

monkalup

Former member
Reaction score
Private member bill C-279 will receive 2nd reading on September 22, 2006. This bill would establish a National Missing person and unidentified human remains DNA database. This is Lindsey's Law, for Lindsey Nicholls, missing since Aug. 2, 1993 from Comox Valley, British Columbia. Her mother has worked non-stop on getting this bill passed since she discovered that even if DNA is available for a missing person, Canada has nothing in place to collect, keep or compare it. PLEASE contact your Member of Parliment and find out how they intend to vote on this bill. Also let your MP know if you support this.

Excellent idea, but I was somehow under the impression these databases existed already.

No, I noticed neither the date on the thread nor the date in the post. Why was the thread at the top of the page if it's two years old and without replies? No matter.

I'm sorry, Crimesolver. I made the post a long time ago..when the news first came out. LOL

Please don't apologize. It's my mistake for not reading carefully enough. My brain didn't process the thought that a thread near the top of the page could be two years old.

I think this is a great idea and I hope by now it is up and running. Even if they find enough remains to collect DNA, a lot of time they have nothing to compare it to. Since we're talking about this, here is another thought: The biological parents of a missing person can give DNA samples, which in turn can determine with a high degree of accuracy, the DNA of their offspring. This can then be compared to DNA of any remains suspected to be their son or daughter. Maybe law enforecement should try this. We might be suprised how many cases can be solved using this technique.:)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64
Back