1172 users online (222 members and 950 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748

    Starbucks sued for pulling offer

    A Starbucks customer in the US who was told her free drink voucher was worthless is launching a $114m (60m) lawsuit against the coffee colossus.

    Starbucks pulled the free drink offer, saying it had been redistributed beyond its original intent.

    The woman's lawyer says $114m equals the cost of drinks for all those turned away when the company decided to cancel its offer.


    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5344884.stm

    Aww. poor little thing "felt so betrayed".

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    A Starbucks customer in the US who was told her free drink voucher was worthless is launching a $114m (60m) lawsuit against the coffee colossus.

    Starbucks pulled the free drink offer, saying it had been redistributed beyond its original intent.

    The woman's lawyer says $114m equals the cost of drinks for all those turned away when the company decided to cancel its offer.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5344884.stm

    Aww. poor little thing "felt so betrayed".
    Hmmm. So....SHE should be the beneficiary of the $114m on behalf of all the other people turned away? Where's my lawyer??!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395
    People are so lawsuit happy these days. How about Starbucks just offer her a free cup of coffee and send her on her way?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834
    That is so frickin' ridiculous. I hope it is laughed right out of court. What a dunce an attorney has to be to file that case.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    OMG are people really that petty and greedy now a days?? So you didnt get your free drink its not like you NEED it anyway...geez!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    816
    This woman has entirely to much time on her hands.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    Anyone see the episode of Entourage that alluded to this?!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northwest Minnesota
    Posts
    639
    Well, what a dumb ass marketing move that was! Anybody with half a brain knows that if you email a free coupon to your employees and ask them to email it to friends and family, it's going to be forwarded all over the globe! Dumb, da dumb dumb!!!
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex
    Anyone see the episode of Entourage that alluded to this?!
    Yes I did. Intresting observation. I love that show...and Johnny Drama was great.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lakeville, New York
    Posts
    667
    So if she wins will she be sending every one of us that missed out on the deal a check for $4.64 for a latte of our choice?
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    I spend between $10 and $20 a day at Starbucks. I think some of that cash is mine!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lakeville, New York
    Posts
    667
    Now don't get greedy. Hey, we should sue HER!
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBathHotPants
    So if she wins will she be sending every one of us that missed out on the deal a check for $4.64 for a latte of our choice?
    Ha, yeah right. No more likely if she wins, Starbucks will no longer be able to afford to offer all of their employees health benefits, which they are renowned for.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I spend between $10 and $20 a day at Starbucks. I think some of that cash is mine!

    Jeanna, please tell me you share some of that coffee around? I know you're very pretty but darn you must look like this and lord help you if somones else is in ALL the washrooms!


    Jubie


    I walk into Starbucks and order Peppermint Tea. What?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,968
    how about the city sue HER for wasting their god d*mn time??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast