1098 users online (209 members and 889 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Richard Omondi, 4, drowned in bathtub, Fullerton, 10 Sept 2006

Man Charged With Drowning Son in Bathtub

setSize(curSize);

FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) A man who police say confessed to drowning his 4-year-old son in a bathtub has been charged with murder in what could become a death penalty case. Authorities say Gideon Walter Omondi and his estranged wife were in the middle of a custody dispute over Richard Omondi before the father walked into a Fullerton police station Sunday and said he killed the boy.

Omondi directed police and paramedics to an apartment, where they found Richard's body tucked in bed with a damp pillow.

Omondi, 35, was charged Tuesday with murder and a special circumstance allegation that he killed his son by lying in wait, making him eligible for the death penalty. Prosecutors said they have not decided whether to ask for the death penalty.

The boy had been on a court-appointed weekend visit with his father when he was killed.

Omondi and his wife, Hellen, both immigrants from Kenya, have accused each other of domestic violence in divorce records. Hellen Omondi accused her husband, a mechanical engineering student at California State University, Fullerton, of paying more attention to his studies than his family.

State child-welfare records released Tuesday show the Omondis had been investigated for possible child abuse.

Between November 2004 and July 2005, officials received three calls expressing concern that Richard was neglected, but documents released by the California Department of Social Services showed that investigators were unable to determine whether the allegations were true. It was unclear whether the family accepted help from county programs, or how many times authorities checked on the boy's welfare.

I DON'T KNOW HOW THESE CHILD KILLERS CAN WAKE UP EVERY MORNING & LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRROR KNOWING WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO A HELPLESS, INNOCENT CHILD. I GUESS THEY HAVE NO CONSCIENCE.

Is there a link to this? Thanks, Kelli

Quote Originally Posted by kellideister
    Is there a link to this? Thanks, Kelli
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...y_Drowned.html

By Matt Coker, Friday, Jan. 15 2010

Man Who Drowned 4-Year-Old Son Over Child Support Sentenced to 25 Years to Life in Prison

A 38-year-old Fullerton father who was angry about having to pay child support was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison this morning for murdering his 4-year-old son by drowning him in a bathtub.

Gideon Walter Omondi, who previously tried to burn the boy and himself to death by dousing the car they were in with gasoline (yet still retained visitation rights), had pleaded "not guilty by reason of insanity." But a jury found Omondi legally sane at the time of the murder when handing the judge their guilty verdict last September. The Orange County District Attorney's office statement on the sentencing follows after the jump . . .

More at link.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazin...ndi-murder-so/

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    By Matt Coker, Friday, Jan. 15 2010

Man Who Drowned 4-Year-Old Son Over Child Support Sentenced to 25 Years to Life in Prison

A 38-year-old Fullerton father who was angry about having to pay child support was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison this morning for murdering his 4-year-old son by drowning him in a bathtub.

Gideon Walter Omondi, who previously tried to burn the boy and himself to death by dousing the car they were in with gasoline (yet still retained visitation rights), had pleaded "not guilty by reason of insanity." But a jury found Omondi legally sane at the time of the murder when handing the judge their guilty verdict last September. The Orange County District Attorney's office statement on the sentencing follows after the jump . . .

More at link.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazin...ndi-murder-so/

OMG...seriously. WOW! Poor little boy!

what the heck? he tried to kill him before yet still had access to him?

im about to have an anyuerisym

you know, these types of cases are so sad, and I get so angry thinking about them! I'LL make sure to remember his face so that when he's out of prison in 10-13 on good behavior and I see him crossing the street i'll know to pay real careful attention to which foot is on what pedal...would HATE to have an "accident"...
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~