897 users online (131 members and 766 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Question Calling the friends over?

I was on the fence in this case in the beginning ,but after reading on here since the karr fiasco I am starting to believe in the RDI theory.I have a great big problem with the R's calling their friends to come over that morning.I've tried to put myself in their place that morning and calling my friends would be the last thing on my mind.I think I would be very scared,very hyper,pacing around the house worrying,and I sure wouldn't want distractions from people at that time.I would be focusing on what LE was telling me and trying to do everything I could to assist them.It almost seems like they didn't want to face LE alone,one on one. This isn't my only reason for believing in their guilt but it is what I have the most trouble explaining about their behavior that morning.Anyone else that would have called their friends to come over in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by paperhanger44z
    It almost seems like they didn't want to face LE alone,one on one.
    Then why call LE at all?

Quote Originally Posted by paperhanger44z
    I was on the fence in this case in the beginning ,but after reading on here since the karr fiasco I am starting to believe in the RDI theory.I have a great big problem with the R's calling their friends to come over that morning.I've tried to put myself in their place that morning and calling my friends would be the last thing on my mind.I think I would be very scared,very hyper,pacing around the house worrying,and I sure wouldn't want distractions from people at that time.I would be focusing on what LE was telling me and trying to do everything I could to assist them.It almost seems like they didn't want to face LE alone,one on one. This isn't my only reason for believing in their guilt but it is what I have the most trouble explaining about their behavior that morning.Anyone else that would have called their friends to come over in this situation?
    There are a handful of people that I am certain i would call, 100% positive.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sure
    Then why call LE at all?
    Ah....because you have a "missing" (dead) 6-year-old and someone's bound to notice right soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    There are a handful of people that I am certain i would call, 100% positive.
    JBean,

Would you call them even if you had a note in your hand saying your child would be slaughtered if you did? Would you call them just for moral support (figuring the kidnappers who were going to kill her hadn't tapped your phone) or would you call them to come to the house (figuring the kidnappers who were going to kill her weren't watching even though they said they would)?

In this situation, I might call people (family, close friedns) for moral support, but I wouldn't call them to my house.

She may have called them for emotional support,as well as to have ppl there that could say they saw her alive the night b/f.I can't believe that JR didn't know JBR wasn't dead at that point, as some have speculated.I think he would have done more to find her if he hadn't already known.
    I suspect in pointing out the housekeeper and saying that LHP wouldn't hurt JBR,she was trying to show that she wasn't afraid to call police based on that reason.

And to answer your q,I would probably/very likely more than not, call police, but only on my CELL PHONE.To me,using the regular phone in that situation indicates they had already used their cell phone prior to calling 911,to call lawyers,ask for advice,etc.,and didn't want those records known about.
    As for calling friends,only if it was to organize a search party,and even then, in the event of a note as such,I would have them lay low and not come to my house.I would have them search streets,fields,yards,alleys,etc.

They should have all been thrown out when LE arrived....

i do not understand why if they thought JBR was kidnapped they would call friends over.I would be worried that someone was watching the house waiting for me to set a foot wrong.Thus giving an excuse to kill my daughter. I find the friends coming over on mass like a posse really strange.Yes, I could understand it if the visitors were all searching streets etc but by all accounts they were there to support the Ramsay's.As far as crime scenes go what better way to contaminate one than having unnecessary people traipsing through..Made worse by the fact that LE should have kicked them all out asap.Nothing in this case is usual though is it?

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    JBean,

Would you call them even if you had a note in your hand saying your child would be slaughtered if you did? Would you call them just for moral support (figuring the kidnappers who were going to kill her hadn't tapped your phone) or would you call them to come to the house (figuring the kidnappers who were going to kill her weren't watching even though they said they would)?

In this situation, I might call people (family, close friedns) for moral support, but I wouldn't call them to my house.

Same. I would call my mother and my sister. My friends would wait. I know I could trust my sister to get my mum to her house where they would wait and pray. I know if I 'implored' them to stay away for fear of harm to the missing child they wouldn't come near our home. Further I would probably ask my sister and her hubby-my BIL (who has a good relationship with LE both personal and professional) to make calls as I wouldn't want to even call the police.

Would I be cool as a cucumber handling all this? NO WAY. I feel sick even trying to 'imagine' what I'd do. I'd be shaking like mad and likely unable to even stand. My hubby would probably need to speak for me. FURTHER, you couldn't pry me away from her room and with a telephone in my hands and a clock visible at all times. (If that was her known last place to be )

But John, TWICE, heads to the basement to look for anything suspicious. I think John doing this is 'suspicous'!! Ah John, wasn't the last place you thought JonBenet was, was her bedroom?

Of course this is all my humble opinion. Again.

Jubie

JBean,

I cannot say for sure SCM..I truly see the problem that many have with them doing this, I am not trying to be contrary, but I am trying to be honest. I am 100% certain I would call the police. I would ASSume they would be equipped to handle (hahahaha) a discreet investigation, because I would guess almost all kidnappings require the victims to "not call the police" That would be SOP for kidnappings.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzbar
    .As far as crime scenes go what better way to contaminate one than having unnecessary people traipsing through..Made worse by the fact that LE should have kicked them all out asap.Nothing in this case is usual though is it?
    As far as contaminating the crime scene, we know that LE there that morning didn't have any concerns about contaminating the crime scene. This is evidenced by Linda Arndt herself picking up JonBenets body and moving it to another part of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    I cannot say for sure SCM..I truly see the problem that many have with them doing this, I am not trying to be contrary, but I am trying to be honest. I am 100% certain I would call the police. I would ASSume they would be equipped to handle (hahahaha) a discreet investigation, because I would guess almost all kidnappings require the victims to "not call the police" That would be SOP for kidnappings.
    I hear you, JBean. I too am 100% sure I would call the police because I wouldn't know what else to do and I would assume they would have a clue. Pretty soon after that, I would probably be on the phone to at least one of my sisters, but I would probably wait until the police arrived and gave me some direction.

It is very hard to KNOW what any of us would do in the face of such terror, but I - like many - find the Ramsey's behavior very very odd.

Yes, I think filling the house with friends right after the note said they were being watched, proves to me they knew it wasnt a real ransom note.

What also bothers me was how they checked to see if Burke was in his bed, but then left him there. How did they know the kidnapper wasnt still in there, about to slip him out the window, etc.

I know if one of my children was presumed to be kidnapped, I would not leave my other child ALONE on a different floor, in the house that had just been intruded upon! I would grab that other child with both hands and not let go!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic
    I know if one of my children was presumed to be kidnapped, I would not leave my other child ALONE on a different floor, in the house that had just been intruded upon! I would grab that other child with both hands and not let go!
    Me too, Atomic! And I certainly wouldn't send my other child out of the house (like they sent Burke with the Whites) if I thought a kidnapper was out there with one of my children already.

This behavior just doesn't ring true. I can understand that different people handle things differently, but I can't understand parents of a kidnapped child not keeping the remaining child within the fold and under police protection.

Me too, Atomic! And I certainly wouldn't send my other child out of the house (like they sent Burke with the Whites) if I thought a kidnapper was out there with one of my children already.

This behavior just doesn't ring true. I can understand that different people handle things differently, but I can't understand parents of a kidnapped child not keeping the remaining child within the fold and under police protection.
    Yes, you are right.I would think that going in to see the other child and holding him would be the most natural thing in the world.Maybe, once the hoopla had died down you would send a child to Grandparents of family but not straight away. IMO Burke was taken out of the house to avoid any questioning by Police.Of this I have no doubt,whether it was because he knew something or perhaps it was to protect him from the trauma of the situation. but a lot of what went on in that house does not make any sense IMO.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast