Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
quinn_zebb.jpg
quinn_zebb3.jpg

Saw this on the charley project website and it piqued my interest.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/q/quinn_zebb.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: January 2, 2000 from Asheville, North Carolina
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 12, 1981
Height and Weight: 5'9, 165 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, blue eyes. Quinn has scars between his ring and middle fingers on both of his hands.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white t-shirt with a logo, a plaid button-down shirt, Tommy Hilfiger jeans or khaki pants and a gold chain necklace.
Medical Conditions: Quinn has an organizational/learning disability.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Quinn was employed at the Wal-Mart store on Hendersonville Road in Asheville, North Carolina in 2000. He departed from work at 9:00 p.m. on January 2 of that year and met his friend, Robert Jason Owens, in the store's parking lot (some agencies may spell his last name "Owen"). Quinn planned to look at a vehicle he was considering purchasing in the near future that evening. Owens said he was accompanying Quinn and they drove separate cars to the location.

A security camera videotape at the Eblen Citgo gas station on Hendersonville Road showed Quinn and Owens entering the store to purchase sodas at approximately 9:15 p.m. Owens's Ford pickup truck and Quinn's light blue Mazda Protege are seen pulling away from the station on the tape several minutes later. Both vehicles were headed towards Long Shoals Road.

Owens told authorities that Quinn flashed his headlights sometime prior to 9:30 p.m. The men were near TC Roberson High School on Long Shoals Road in Asheville at the time. Owens said they both pulled over to the side of the road and Quinn told him he received a page. Owens stated that Quinn drove away to make a phone call at that time. Owens told authorities that Quinn returned approximately ten minutes later and rear-ended Owens's truck. Quinn apologized for the accident and said that he could not look at the vehicle as planned that evening. Owens said that Quinn drove away and has never been heard from again.

Owens was treated for head injuries and a broken rib he claimed to have incurred during an unrelated automobile accident during the early morning hours of January 3, several hours after Quinn disappeared. Owens stated that the accident occurred near The Waffle House restaurant on Long Shoals Road by the intersection of Interstate 26. Owens called Wal-Mart on January 4 and reported that Quinn was ill and would not be arriving for his shift that day. After giving his inital statement about Quinn's disappearance, he refused to cooperate further with police.

Quinn's Mazda Protege was discovered abandoned on January 16, two weeks after his disappearance. The vehicle was located in the parking lot of The Little Pigs Barbecue restaurant on McDowell Street. A live black Labrador puppy, approximately three months old, and a plastic hotel key were found inside Quinn's car. A pair of lips and two exclamation points had been drawn in lipstick on the rear windshield. There was no sign of Quinn at the scene. The puppy did not belong to him. The vehicle was parked nearby Mission St. Joseph's Hospital, where Quinn's grandmother, mother and sister all work as neonatal nurses. Authorities believe that foul play was involved in Quinn's disappearance and are investigating his case as a homicide. His family said that it is extremely uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. No charges have brought against anyone in connection with Quinn's case, although police are actively investigating it and broadcasted a filmed reinactment of his disappearance in 2005.
Quinn was involved with the ROTC in high school. He was a student at a technical school at the time of his disappearance and made good grades. His case remains unsolved.

I'm wondering about a police report for the 2nd accident too. Why did the friend call in sick for the missing man? How did he know that he wouldn't be at work that day? Now the "friend" refuses to cooperate with police! Sounds pretty strange to me.

I wonder if Quinn had any money with him? He may have had the money for the new car with him just in case he decided to buy the car he was going to look at. He might not have received a page either...that might just be the friends story as an excuse why Quinn changed his mind about looking at the car he was thinking about buying.

I wonder if LE suspect this friend? I think that I would question his whole story. Wonder if the lips drawn in lipstick were inside or outside of the window. Where did that poor puppy come from...that is really odd. If Quinn did get a page maybe that was what it was about. Doesn't sound like he would have had much time to look after a pup though with school and his work. I hope something is heard from this young man and that he is alright.

I wonder if LE could ever confirm that the page was a fact? It's just strange :(

I'm thinking the friend knows oh so much more :( it's a shame that they cannot get him to help this family find some sort of end to this horrible scenario :(

I wonder if LE could ever confirm that the page was a fact? It's just strange :(

I'm thinking the friend knows oh so much more :( it's a shame that they cannot get him to help this family find some sort of end to this horrible scenario :(

I think Owens is a l.s.o.s., and there's a very good reason he's not aiding the family to find out what happened. What is wrong with LE there? Seems like they could easily rip Owen's story to shreds if they'd bother.

am doing this on behalf of the owner of this board, Tricia Griffiths ... she is making a plea for all WSrs to help immediately !!

URGENT !!

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Marc Klaas and KlaasKids desperately needs help NOW from each and every Websleuther to support Trucker TV through America.

Please take 3 minutes to read the above link, click the REPLY button, express your support or voice your concerns, click SEND.

Then forward the above link to your email contacts, everyone, everywhere, so they can do the same.

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

This may be the most important action you can ever take on behalf of missing children. THANK YOU TO ALL WSrs WHO MAY HAVE ALREADY RESPONDED TO THIS CALL !!

I was just thinking about this young man's case yesterday, but could not remember his name. Thanks for bumping it up to where I could find it. I work in Asheville and I am very familiar with the areas described in the report. I always found it strange that his car was found where it was. Someone had to go out of their way to get it from Long Shoals Road to the parking lot. Also, I do not remember hearing about any damage to the car, from the supposed rear-end collision with Owens truck. Has anyone ever read anything about the condition of the car, besides the drawing, when it was found?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1333umsc.html
He was ruled out by dental records.

When I looked up Robert Jason Owens I found out he was in a high speed chase and was arrested in 2007.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/leicester-nc/TRLL8G10POHQB80N3
The actual article is outdated now though.

Not surprising to see Owens involved in more crime..
Why couldn't LE make him talk more is right?! Who's his father?

Could LE trace where the page Quinn got came from? Owens could have had a cell phone secretly and done it from it, or had anyone do it for him.
Then Quinn comes back and rearends Owens truck? That's a little odd. I doubt it was reported from how it was worded. He apologies for rearending him and says he can't go look at the car?..

Maybe Owens stole Quinn's car and did the damage himself to his own truck and Quinn's car somehow.. Then it says Quinn was treated for a broken rib and head injuries from another unrelated auto accident the morning of Jan 3, early morning, only hours after Quinn disappeared.

Obviously Owens knows more than he saying, i have no idea why LE wouldn't arrest him and make him cooperate.

Maybe the injuries Owens got are from getting into an accident using Owen's car?

The whole lipstick drawing and puppy thing seems to be attempt to make it appear that Quinn ran off with a girl.

Does Owens happen to be shorter than Quinn?

This case is completely solveable, had LE bothered to further interogate Owens! What do they mean he "refused to cooperate" after an initial statement? LE should have took the hint!

I have to agree with you.

http://ashevillenc.gov/uploadedFiles/Departments/Police_Department/Police_Services/Unsolved%20Investigations.pdf

On Page 2 the first two thing are pictures of his car. I made the picture of the lipstick a little bigger and I'll put it on my photoshop and try to clean it up some and post it. It looks like orange lipstick with an exclamation point.
It also says there was damage to the front of his car, so it could have been from rear ending someone or it could be something previously done.

Robert Owens is extremely suspicious, he seems to be getting in more trouble than most people and that does bother me. Also the fact that he was in 2 wrecks in 1 day.. how often does that really happen? It's all spectulation though.

Okay that's as clear as I could get it without making it look crazy because of the pixels.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,220
Sorry I'm spamming.

Robert Jason Owens
http://www.ashevilledailyplanet.com/index.php/Police/Police-Blotter-Dec.-12-2007.html
(it's about halfway down posted December 12, 2007)
Patrol troopers were conducting a license check on Newfound Road about 3:30 p.m. when Robert Jason Owens, 29, of Leicester allegedly sped off.

Troopers believe he sped off because he was driving with a revoked license.

According to this, this traffic stop is his first offense, which I don't understand because he has a revoked license.
It also has his DOB, Height and weight.
http://www.criminalsearches.com/details.aspx?id=w1x00xC9&vw=criminal&1=EGaLMUtDrRg5qAqttaQiMdLWGB4OCj6kz9odESYjkGc%3d&input=name

He is taller than Zebb. He's 6'0" and ZQ is 5'10". He's also heavier than Zebb too by 45 pounds.

A story ran today on Zebb Quinn, posting for thread sakes. Also captured an image of the back window lips and wondering what the message may be?

Video Story at the link

Top Stories - Zebb Quinn Cold Case

New pic of the back window on his car they found.

zebblipspic.jpg

I was considering that it could have been an accident since they were friends. Did Robert Owens back up and pin Zebb Quinn between the vehicles? Is it possible that it killed him and Robert is covering it up?

It's been 12 years since 19 year old Zebb Quinn disappeared after leaving work at the Hendersonville Road Wal-Mart in Asheville. Later that evening surveillance video captured him at what was then the Citgo convenience store on Long Shoals Road. Two weeks later his car was found at Little Pigs Restaurant with a puppy inside it and lips painted on the rearview window with lipstick. He has never been found nor has anyone been arrested in his disappearance. The Discovery Channel's documentary series "Disappeared" will shoot a segment on the Zebb Quinn cold case next week

That was one of the weirdest Disappeareds I've ever seen.

There were a lot of players in Zebb's demise, IMO. Owens, M, M's BF, and... Z's paternal aunt?? What the what??

The only one with real motive though is M's BF... how did the others get roped into it? The more people you involve in a crime, the higher the likelihood that someone's going to talk and bring LE to your doorstep - why did he/they involve so many people?

The way the car was left was just bizarre... headlights on, lipstick drawing on back window, and live puppy inside? I agree with what was said on the show, that all of those things were meant to get the car noticed and found by LE or Zebb's family quickly.

It's incredible to me after watching that, that this is still unsolved. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back