1310 users online (262 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MO - Abigale Woods, 7 days, Lonedell, Sept 2006

An unknown woman abducted a 7 day old baby Friday after slashing her mother's throat, according to the Franklin County Sheriff's Department. Authorities are searching for the baby Abby Woods, who was wearing a pink dress with flowers on the collar.

The suspect entered the home near the town of Lonedell, about 45 miles south of St. Louis, on Friday afternoon and held the mother at gunpoint and slashed the mother's throat and fled the home with her child. The suspect is described as a white woman who is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 200 pounds. She was wearing a gray or brown T-shirt and ball cap with a torn bill. She has black hair.

The suspect is believed to be armed with a knife and handgun. Police said anyone who sees the woman and child should call authorities immediately.

http://www.pr.com/press-release/17923

Authorities did not release the mother's name Friday but said she was in stable condition and recovering in a hospital in the St. Louis area.

Thank God the mother is OK. Pray for the safe return of the baby.
    Retired 08/03/03

More info

Last edited by felder; 09-15-2006 at 09:48 PM. Reason: New Link

This reminds me of the Bobbie Jo Stinnett case, and that was also in MO...thank God the mom is going to be all right.
    Prayers they find the baby!!!

MO - Woman Kidnapped 7-day-old baby and slashed Mother's Throat

news link
    ST. LOUIS A woman kidnapped a 1-week-old baby Friday after slashing her mother's throat, according to the Franklin County Sheriff's Department.

Police were searching Friday afternoon for the baby Abby Woods, who was wearing a pink dress with flowers on the collar when she was kidnapped.

A woman entered a rural home near the town of Lonedell, about 45 miles south of St. Louis, on Friday afternoon and held the mother at gunpoint, said Franklin County Capt. Don Jones.

The attacker slashed the mother's throat and fled the home with her child, Jones said.

Authorities did not release the mother's name Friday but said she was in stable condition and recovering in a hospital in the St. Louis area.

The mother didn't know the woman who attacked her, Jones said. Police were combing the area around Woods' house Friday to determine which way the attacker fled.

The suspect is described as a white woman who is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 200 pounds. She was wearing a gray or brown T-shirt and ball cap with a torn bill. She has black hair.

Unhappy

OMG, good the mom's ok. Hope they find the baby soon.

How horrible. I wonder how the person who took the baby knew that there was a newborn baby in that home? I guess it could have been someone that had seen the mom at the store or anywhere and followed her home. The abductor sounds kind of shabby. I hope it isn't someone that has a mental illness. Prayers that the baby is found soon and she is alright.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Heard on Fox this morning that the mother is in very serious condition. How awful for newborn and her family!

Saying a few prayers for them and the return of this innocent little baby to her mommy.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

Snippets from article

Ochsenbine was in serious condition Friday evening and recovering in a hospital in the St. Louis area, Copeland said.

Police said Ochsenbine didn't know the woman who attacked her. Copeland said the FBI had joined the investigation, and it was unlikely the suspect was still in the area.

He also said there were signs of a struggle in the house and that evidence supported Ochsenbine's story. He said cadaver dogs searched a nearby pond and found nothing.

"Presently there's nothing to indicate the family had anything to do with it," Copeland said.

He also said there was no motive but pointed out
    that there was a hand-painted sign on aluminum siding in the couple's front yard celebrating Abby's birth.

The suspect is described as a white woman who is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 200 pounds. She was wearing a gray or brown T-shirt and ball cap with a torn bill. She has black hair.
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...l/15530897.htm

Oh, dear ... The proud new parents placed a sign in their yard announcing Abby's birth.

Not a good thing to do nowadays.

Praying for the baby to be returned and that the mother recuperates. How awful to be a new mom, injured, and in the hospital with your baby missing. Just heartwrenching.

I pray they find this little one. I can't even imagine what this mom is going through.
    I don't understand how the same person that wants a child so bad has the same heart to hurt another to get one. Scary.
    IMHO

and people wonder why I am so overprotective and double lock my doors when i am at home. I also risk being rude by moving my babies from people who want to touch and coo at them in public. My mother in law actually said i was a bi**h to a stranger at a restaraunt one time b/c they were up in my babies face touching her and whatnot. you never know anymore. the kidnapper of this baby may have seen mom and baby at the grocery store, talked to the mom about baby and then followed them home. I have WS to thank for me being aware that the world is always sunshine and rainbows. I think every mother needs to pay this site a visit.

This may be another case where a woman cannot have children,so she kidnaps the baby to have one of her own---there have been many bizarre cases like this---one woman drove a 9 month pregnant woman to a field,and---(Warning: this is not for the squeamish)---knocked her unconcious,then took her car keys and used the keysto gouge out this poor woman's stomach to get the baby--the baby survived--the mother did not

Flipping Bizarre! They say the baby thief saw a sign from the freeway saying
    NEW BABY in the yard in froint of the house.

That poor mother. I hope she will be OK health-wise. and I'm sure her heart is broken little Abby is gone from her. There is a news conference within the hour. They have a non-stop search now to find the baby. I so hope this thief left some DNA at the scene!

Typically in these cases some mentally unbalanced women pretends she is pregnant then steals a baby.

Someone is going to know this women and she is going to show up with a baby and some odd story about how or where she gave birth.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast