1296 users online (235 members and 1061 guests)  

Websleuths News

Vt.;Do not glorify bunnies!

Because our local newspaper is feeding into this,it has now made worldwide news.
    Defacing property is defacing property,no matter how you look at it.Yes these things have shown up on personal property.They used stencils and permanent paint.
    We have had people in our facility for graffiti taggings.
    How is this any different.

What is your opinion?
    Article;
    Our news link

It is pretty obvious that somebody is starting up a first amendment debate. People who say (as they have in the comments to the newspaper) that the bunnies are cute, we love the bunnies, keep the bunnies blah blah blah don't understand the law. If the local governments allow the bunnies, then the same local governments MUST allow all sorts of other images, whether people think they are cute or not. When the images of dead bunnies, or anti-Bush slogans, swastikas or whatever start appearing, the towns who have embraced the bunnies will have a free-for-all.

Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama
    It is pretty obvious that somebody is starting up a first amendment debate. People who say (as they have in the comments to the newspaper) that the bunnies are cute, we love the bunnies, keep the bunnies blah blah blah don't understand the law. If the local governments allow the bunnies, then the same local governments MUST allow all sorts of other images, whether people think they are cute or not. When the images of dead bunnies, or anti-Bush slogans, swastikas or whatever start appearing, the towns who have embraced the bunnies will have a free-for-all.
    Thank-you Luthersmama for your post.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Because our local newspaper is feeding into this,it has now made worldwide news.
    Defacing property is defacing property,no matter how you look at it.Yes these things have shown up on personal property.They used stencils and permanent paint.
    We have had people in our facility for graffiti taggings.
    How is this any different.

What is your opinion?
    Article;
    Our news link
    I have to admit when I first saw this I thought it was the Playboy varity.lol

But I feel this is such a double standard as usual . Probably the ones in jail for ("tagging ") are poor and or minorities and for some reason this defacing is "cute" and funny or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by montana_16
    I have to admit when I first saw this I thought it was the Playboy varity.lol

But I feel this is such a double standard as usual . Probably the ones in jail for ("tagging ") are poor and or minorities and for some reason this defacing is "cute" and funny or whatever.
    Montana-16,you were right on when you said that about the taggers.They are poor,minorities and many were homeless.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Well the ones who are claiming that they did stated that they were bored and wanted to make people smile.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------news link
    They were bored.

The people.

Not the rabbits.

They were at one of their homes, brainstorming about what to do on that hot day. They desired some summer fun minus poisoning their bodies with drugs, or burglarizing people’s homes, or assaulting someone innocent.

Someone mentioned a rabbit.

“That’s it!” somebody else said. “Let’s go out and paint white bunnies.”

So they did. Two of the artists made a rabbit-shaped cardboard stencil out of cardboard. Add some white spray paint, and before long the bunnies had bred like … well … bunnies.

They hold no deep significance or hidden meaning.

“It’s just supposed to be a friendly creature,” one of the artists said. “It’s something we wanted kids and adults to look at and enjoy. … We were bored, and we wanted to do something different.”======================================= ===========

Here is what I think;

They are full of it.If they were bored and wanted to make people smile,they should have volunteered at a nursing home,visited cancer patients at the hospital,ect.Or they could volunteer in the community to help others instead of destrying property.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

...people need to pick their battles...

....they need to leave the bunnies alone and concentrate on more serious problems...

update

Rabbits Invade Police Chief's Home

More damage to personal property.

Nearly 80 rabbits were spray painted on the driveway outside St. Albans Police Chief Gary Taylor's home on Lake Street.