Murder Suspect: Goat Turned Into Corpse

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) -- A Nigerian murder suspect accused of killing his brother with an axe told police investigators he actually attacked a goat, which was only later magically transformed into his sibling's corpse, officials said Thursday.

The man, whose name wasn't released, offered police his explanation after his arrest on Tuesday in the death of his brother the previous day at Isseluku village in southern Nigeria.

"He said that the goats were on his farm and he tried to chase them away. When one wouldn't move, he attacked it with an axe. He said it then turned into his brother," Police Commissioner Udom Ekpoudom told the Associated Press.

Murder suspects in Nigeria, where many people believe in black magic, sometimes claim spirits tricked them into killing. In 2001, eight people were burned to death after one person in their group was accused of making a bystander's penis magically disappear
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NIGERIA_GOAT_MURDER?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT

Think I'll stay in the USA.
Had no clue people still believe in black magic...

Beyond Belief said:
one person in their group was accused of making a bystander's penis magically disappear
Can you imagine how much FUN it would be to magically make someone's penis disappear? "What? Cheat on ME?" *ZAP* "Look down, jerk!"

Actually, my roofer believes in all kinds of weird stuff like that. He was telling me that his wife was possessed and needed an exhorsism that weekend because demons possessed her sometimes and made her spend money like crazy and act really impulsively. Sounded like bipolar disorder with everything he explained - but he was convinced it was the demons. I just nodded, smiled, and asked when he'd be done with my roof. :)

GlitchWizard said:
Can you imagine how much FUN it would be to magically make someone's penis disappear? "What? Cheat on ME?" *ZAP* "Look down, jerk!"

Honestly, I think that they should come with a custom made 'remote control' of which only the wife has control! ;)

Actually, my roofer believes in all kinds of weird stuff like that. He was telling me that his wife was possessed and needed an exhorsism that weekend because demons possessed her sometimes and made her spend money like crazy and act really impulsively. Sounded like bipolar disorder with everything he explained - but he was convinced it was the demons. I just nodded, smiled, and asked when he'd be done with my roof. :)
I think we shared the same handyman this summer! :eek:

Well there is an article I read that "older" people are "accussed" of witch craft, black magic, etc. they are killed and low and behold the family then inherits all of the possession and money of the older person.

Funny that this happens to older people who are usually very well off.......

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back