GUILTY OH - Elizabeth Davis, 2, beaten to death, Miamisburg, 14 Aug 2004

mindi77

Love your children....
Reaction score
MIAMISBURG — The paternal grandmother of 2-year-old Elizabeth Davis wants the Montgomery County Prosecutor's Office to tell her why no one has been charged in the child's homicide more than two years ago.

Alot more at link

I just read about this today and I live right here, how is that. The mom should be charged with murder.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/co.../ddn091706grandmother.html?cxntnid=dlh-091806

The "system" is definitely not working in that County.

It appears that they don't care about children born to drug users & child abuser's. Very apparent that is the situation with this case. Nothing will be done unless the citizenry becomes active & DEMANDS ACTION.

mindi77 said:
MIAMISBURG — The paternal grandmother of 2-year-old Elizabeth Davis wants the Montgomery County Prosecutor's Office to tell her why no one has been charged in the child's homicide more than two years ago.

Alot more at link

I just read about this today and I live right here, how is that. The mom should be charged with murder.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2006/09/16/ddn091706grandmother.html?cxntnid=dlh-091806
After reading the link, what are the Le waiting for...
Mom or boyfriend or both....

This is unbelievable! How can they let this woman walk around free with 2 other babies in her care?

I wonder if someone could apply to be GAL for them and fight for custody. I wonder if DFCS or the DA could be sued over this. What the hell are they waiting for?

This is terrrible. I notice it is said that it is not uncommon for no one to be charged in the death of a young child. So sad.

The mother has gone on to have two more babies and has custody of them. That is criminal in and of itself since she is a drug addict and a suspect in the death of her daughter.

THe child sustains life threatening injuries, the mother admits she was the only one there and then she doesn't seek help untli the child dies and they have no case? Sounds like a lot of BS to me.

The line, you just can't charge someone with criminal charges, you have to have enough evidence to prove the case in court.

So jump the gun, and the whole "case" could fall apart.

Many other cases have been brought before the court before everything is complete and the case has fallen apart or the person(whom we all know is guility)is set free.

The aim is to put the criminal in Prison and hold them responsible for what they have done and punish them accordingly.

Not to appease the public and relatives by charging the criminal, then offer disclosure, then come up with new evidence, then try to get that in, then.......

You need a strong case with evidence especially considering the circumstances of this child'd death.

It would be even greater of a horrible situation, if the women was charged, then brought before the courts, then found not guility because someone jumped the gun to charge her before everything is in place.

Let the system work, as in "investigation" present said evidence to DA, DA reviews the evidence and determines the "merits" of the case, then charges are filed and a trial is held.

CyberLaw said:
Let the system work, as in "investigation" present said evidence to DA, DA reviews the evidence and determines the "merits" of the case, then charges are filed and a trial is held.

The only trouble is that the police say they are pretty much done with the investigation....seems they are not really working on bringing more evidence. At least that's how I read this from the above link:
Police Officer Kirk Bell, lead detective in the case, said he and other investigators have met with prosecutors five times since the girl's death. As far as police are concerned, he said, the investigation is "pretty much done."

CyberLaw said:
The line, you just can't charge someone with criminal charges, you have to have enough evidence to prove the case in court.

So jump the gun, and the whole "case" could fall apart.

Many other cases have been brought before the court before everything is complete and the case has fallen apart or the person(whom we all know is guility)is set free.

It's been 2 years! And the investigation is complete, according to police. That is hardly jumping the gun.

CyberLaw said:
The aim is to put the criminal in Prison and hold them responsible for what they have done and punish them accordingly.

Not to appease the public and relatives by charging the criminal, then offer disclosure, then come up with new evidence, then try to get that in, then.......

You need a strong case with evidence especially considering the circumstances of this child'd death.

It would be even greater of a horrible situation, if the women was charged, then brought before the courts, then found not guility because someone jumped the gun to charge her before everything is in place.

I don't know what more evidence would be needed. The child was beaten to death and the mother admits beating her...and also was the only one with the child at the time, according to her own account. Why is this even up for discussion?

There was less evidence against SP! But we knew he did it, and so did the jury.

From February 2010:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...r-pleads-guilty-in-death-of-2-year-old/nM88p/

A mother accused in the 2004 death of her 2-year-old daughter pleaded guilty Friday, Feb. 12, to one count of involuntary manslaughter...

The girl suffered a severe blow to the abdomen, which killed her... Davis’s endangerment charge was for failing to obtain proper medical attention for her daughter. It took 8 to 24 hours for the girl to bleed to death internally after someone struck her abdomen hard enough to split open her liver and nearly sever her small intestine...

The drug counts were for allegedly providing marijuana to the girl, Heck said.

From March 2010:

http://www.whio.com//news/news/mom_sentenced_for_beating_daug/nKq9/

Lisa Davis, 25, was sentenced today to 10 years in prison for the beating death of her 2-year old daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back