ME - Nicholas & Lola Kampf for kidnap of 19yo daughter, North Yarmouth, 15 Sept 2006

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
A 19-year-old North Yarmouth, Maine, woman has accused her parents of kidnapping her after she told them she was pregnant.

Katelyn Kampf told police that her parents, Nicholas Kampf, 54, and Lola Kampf, 53, kidnapped her Friday, forcing her into their car to take her to New York state for an emergency abortion.

In court documents, police said Katelyn told them her parents were upset Friday after she told them she was pregnant, chased her into their yard, tied her hands and feet and loaded her into their car. She said she was also gagged.
...Officers said they were amazed at what they found inside.

Sgt. Ron Peddle said, "The victim informed officers of what type of vehicle her parents were in. They located the vehicle close by and placed both parents under arrest. Inside the vehicle they found duct tape, scissors -- and eventually we found a rifle and ammunition."

Police said Nicholas Kampf had a loaded .22-caliber magazine clip in his pants pocket.

Well I guess they were going to take care of this baby one way or another:furious:

I hope they slap the kidnappers in prison. they're insane, if what the daughter says is true. :behindbar

Edited to add

Worse still:

Dion said the Kampfs were heading to New York state because its abortion laws differ in regard to the stage of a woman's pregnancy. He declined to say how many months Katelyn Kampf has been pregnant.

Abortion laws in Maine prohibit the termination of pregnancy after the fetus is able to live outside the uterus, unless the mother's life or health is at stake. New York law prohibits abortions after the 24th week of pregnancy unless the mother's life is at stake.

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/060918kampfs.html

They didn't think the father of their grandchild was suitable. so destroy the grandchild, caring not a wit what the mother feels.

nuts. it's nuts.

my thoughts have nothing to do with whether abortion is right or wrong.

How in the heck did the parents "think" that this women could be forced into an abortion.

Don't they think that at some time at a clinic that she would be alone and tell the service providers what was going on.

One thing about clinics, if a women shows the least bit of apprehension,(sic) lack of knowledge, forsight or anything else, they will say to come back when the women is 100% sure that this is what she wants.

They counsel the women, she meets with a couple of people, up to the time of the "procedure" she can back out, if in any doubt.

A women is asked more then once, are you sure this is what you want, any hesitation and the procedure will not go forward.

It is not a decision to be make lightly........and there is no turning the clock back.

That is the way it is done in "clinics" here. I went with my friend and her sister...who decided that the decision was not right for her, she was not sure if this is what she wanted. So she left.....

I am just wondering if the parents considering that they kidnapped their daughter, were going to do her "bodily" harm to ensure she would not give birth. With the gun and scissors.......

Yeah - they're obvious nutcases - but I'd think even nutcases would know that no doctor is going to do an abortion on a bound and gagged woman - or even one who seems unwilling or whatever else. They must have been planning to do something worse - or they really are just nutcases who really believe that as parents they could order anything at all done to their daughter.

CyberLaw said:
How in the heck did the parents "think" that this women could be forced into an abortion.

Don't they think that at some time at a clinic that she would be alone and tell the service providers what was going on.

One thing about clinics, if a women shows the least bit of apprehension,(sic) lack of knowledge, forsight or anything else, they will say to come back when the women is 100% sure that this is what she wants.

They counsel the women, she meets with a couple of people, up to the time of the "procedure" she can back out, if in any doubt.

A women is asked more then once, are you sure this is what you want, any hesitation and the procedure will not go forward.

It is not a decision to be make lightly........and there is no turning the clock back.

That is the way it is done in "clinics" here. I went with my friend and her sister...who decided that the decision was not right for her, she was not sure if this is what she wanted. So she left.....

I am just wondering if the parents considering that they kidnapped their daughter, were going to do her "bodily" harm to ensure she would not give birth. With the gun and scissors.......

I don't believe she would have ever made it to the clinic. Those two look off their rocker and their actions speak even louder. I hope the young woman finds a safe place to go in the event the "parents" make bail.

Unreal what a couple of nuts. I would say that their relationship with their daughter is over. I wonder if they would have shot her if she refused an abortion. NUTS!!!!

sleuthin4fun said:
Unreal what a couple of nuts. I would say that their relationship with their daughter is over. I wonder if they would have shot her if she refused an abortion. NUTS!!!!
So sad. I hope the daugher can stay safe and can get on with her life. HOpe her parents do some time. You wouldn't suppose they've been control freaks her entire life, would you????????

I hope these "parents" get the book thrown at them!
My heart goes out to Katelyn and her unborn child for having to endure such a heinous experience.

NO Doubt they would have killed her if she did not agree to the abortion.

Imagine... If this is how they treat her as an adult what it must have been like for her growing up??

Amraann said:
NO Doubt they would have killed her if she did not agree to the abortion.

Imagine... If this is how they treat her as an adult what it must have been like for her growing up??
I couldn't have said it better myself. Her life was definitely in danger. Prayers that she can stay far far away from them...

southcitymom said:
I couldn't have said it better myself. Her life was definitely in danger. Prayers that she can stay far far away from them...
I wonder if the parents can also be charged with a hate crime?

I contend that any form of violence towards another is based on Hate.

I can't stand the laws regaurding hate crimes. If you attack someone whatever the reason you should be in jail for a long time.
I do not like that someone who commits an act with racist name calling gets more time then another who doesn't. Both attacks are motivated by hate and violence.

Since they kidnapped her these parents should be charged with a federal felony.
Kidnapping is a federal offense.

Amraann said:

I can't stand the laws regaurding hate crimes. If you attack someone whatever the reason you should be in jail for a long time.
I do not like that someone who commits an act with racist name calling gets more time then another who doesn't. Both attacks are motivated by hate and violence.

fabulous post Amraan-- great way to look at the law, I dont want to admitt, I never thought of it in that respect...how simple---

Amraann said:

I find "hate crime" laws ridiculous as well for the same reasons you state. But I love the idea of tagging them with a federal offense!

Amraann said:

Point well taken. I bow to thee o humble goddess of chat:blowkiss:

bakerprune64 said:
Point well taken. I bow to thee o humble goddess of chat:blowkiss:
LOLOL You made me spew coffee on my keyboard!!!!

On the serious side ... How sad for this girl. I don't think the article said how old she was but its very sad that during a time when most young women need their mothers this one has to go to court and put hers in jail for kidnapping her.

I can only imagine what these two planned. I wonder if they knew someone in New York some back alley Dr whom they thought would perform an abortion for enough money?
Or if their goal was simply to bully her into it?

ETA... DUH!!! It says right there she is 19.

Amraann said:
LOLOL You made me spew coffee on my keyboard!!!!

On the serious side ... How sad for this girl. I don't think the article said how old she was but its very sad that during a time when most young women need their mothers this one has to go to court and put hers in jail for kidnapping her.

I can only imagine what these two planned. I wonder if they knew someone in New York some back alley Dr whom they thought would perform an abortion for enough money?
Or if their goal was simply to bully her into it?

ETA... DUH!!! It says right there she is 19.
Hey Amra, here are some computer monitor cleaners...I hear they also work great on keyboards:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back