Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 82

Thread: IN - April Marie Tinsley, 9, abducted, raped, and killed in Fort Wayne 1988

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,993
    Saw this on the news and wanted to post for April. May her killer be found and justice served for her!

    Cards deal hope in solving cold case
    Cold case playing cards feature April Tinsley


    Updated: Wednesday, 01 Sep 2010, 6:13 PM EDT
    Published : Wednesday, 01 Sep 2010, 4:10 PM EDT

    Drew Blair
    FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - Is a solved murder case in the cards? Indiana law enforcement authorities would like to think so.

    The Indiana Department of Correction recently released its second deck of cold case cards. The sets are the only playing cards made available to state prison inmates for purchase.

    http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/cards-d...ving-cold-case
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post
    From looking at the map, i would guess perhaps he lives/lived in spencerville drove south in 88 abducted the child then took her back to where he was comfortable , in 90 drove south again to leave message on barn door, then in 2004 drove south again to leave the notes, and without knowing, im speculating he left all the notes in 04 on the same day. Then drove back to spencerville which is his comfort zone, where he lived/lives.

    ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART.
    Just to expand upon your theory, more than likely, this person is employed. More than likely, he is familiar with the area from which he did the kidnapping(s), murder and notes. This leads me to believe he may work in the area. Someone at topix suggested he may work for the railroad. RR caps in the letter? Smart thinking about the name sam e possibilities, or trying to frame someone. Wonder what the cap. L's would symbolize? Then again, he may just be adept at making up clues to throw LE off. I always found it interesting on Dexter, that serial killers knew who each other were.

    I understand he is 'taunting' police, but with leaving DNA evidence, he is making it much easier for this to be a solved case! I wonder if the notes in 2004 were due to the fact that he was leaving the area, yet wanted to be remembered/immortalized for his crime. What a creepy perv this guy is!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana [USA]
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    Just to expand upon your theory, more than likely, this person is employed. More than likely, he is familiar with the area from which he did the kidnapping(s), murder and notes. This leads me to believe he may work in the area. Someone at topix suggested he may work for the railroad. RR caps in the letter? Smart thinking about the name sam e possibilities, or trying to frame someone. Wonder what the cap. L's would symbolize? Then again, he may just be adept at making up clues to throw LE off. I always found it interesting on Dexter, that serial killers knew who each other were.

    I understand he is 'taunting' police, but with leaving DNA evidence, he is making it much easier for this to be a solved case! I wonder if the notes in 2004 were due to the fact that he was leaving the area, yet wanted to be remembered/immortalized for his crime. What a creepy perv this guy is!
    I have always wondered, if they ask for volunteers to come forward to offer there DNA to be matched against what they have.
    If they ask those whom worked in the area where the notes were left.
    Mailmen, utility workers, whom went house to house reading meters, such as light companies, water meter readers etc.
    It doesn't seem to be very hard to do, back in 04, to find out whom was working in these areas, to check the DNA.
    But without any official documents from LE, we don't know if perhaps they already did something like that.

    :+:Anneliese Michel:+:

    [21 September 19521 July 1976]

    [Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:




  6. The Following User Says Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post
    I have always wondered, if they ask for volunteers to come forward to offer there DNA to be matched against what they have.
    If they ask those whom worked in the area where the notes were left.
    Mailmen, utility workers, whom went house to house reading meters, such as light companies, water meter readers etc.
    It doesn't seem to be very hard to do, back in 04, to find out whom was working in these areas, to check the DNA.
    But without any official documents from LE, we don't know if perhaps they already did something like that.
    Your post made me think of others who might not look 'out of place'. Dog catchers, street repairmen, the utility workers/telephone workers, who climb utility poles, our county has tree trimmers and flood abatement personnel, who clean out sewer drains also. These, along with any rail workers would be a great place to start!

  8. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana [USA]
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    Your post made me think of others who might not look 'out of place'. Dog catchers, street repairmen, the utility workers/telephone workers, who climb utility poles, our county has tree trimmers and flood abatement personnel, who clean out sewer drains also. These, along with any rail workers would be a great place to start!
    Your tree trimmer from power lines, is EXCELLENT example!
    If i was doing the searching, i would start where the two notes were found practically side by side in 04. And find out whom had a route that day, that would have put him in the area. and then check to see if in fact perhaps, that his route work that day, had him in the area where all the notes were left. They were found on the same day I am speculating, i have forgotten.
    Then ask for people to come forward and volunteer there DNA.
    And see who does, and doesn't volunteer.
    They may be able to at least spook him a little bit, by sending out the DNA message.

    ALL SPECULATION AND ASSUMPTIONS

    :+:Anneliese Michel:+:

    [21 September 19521 July 1976]

    [Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:




  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:


  10. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana [USA]
    Posts
    1,708

    Thursday, 07 May 2009 04:28



    http://www.fwnews.tv/index.php?optio...id=3&video=324

    Updated: Tuesday, 31 Mar 2009, 7:53 PM EDT
    Published : Tuesday, 31 Mar 2009, 5:25 PM EDT
    Tinsley cold case back in spotlight

    http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local_w...d_200903211719
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjh1G9ij_A[/ame]

    Tinsley killer description revealed
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57R9Y57yu8M&feature=channel[/ame]

    From the AMW site.
    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=64668

    Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 12-26-2010 at 12:06 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,723
    Here is a case which might be related. Same last name, and it occurred in April two years earlier.

    Pamela Dawn Tinsley, age 19 went missing on April 13, 1986 from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

    LINK:

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69991"]OK OK - Pamela Dawn Tinsley, 19, Oklahoma City, 13 April 1986 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:


  14. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana [USA]
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Here is a case which might be related. Same last name, and it occurred in April two years earlier.

    Pamela Dawn Tinsley, age 19 went missing on April 13, 1986 from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

    LINK:

    OK OK - Pamela Dawn Tinsley, 19, Oklahoma City, 13 April 1986 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Hello Richard.
    They didn't mention in the description of the motorcycle guy any thing about clothes or ta-toes. I am surprised that they didn't find her anywhere around the lake. I don't think they did a very good search to be honest. Would not have taken long for her to become hysterical on the bike when she learned she was not just going for a ride around the lake, and because of that i don't believe he planned on taking her very far.. If he was a biker, and belonged to a biker gang. I wonder if they had some type of gathering in the city that day where they would come to town to party. Seems he was looking for a victim and found her.

    As far as a connection. I don't know for sure. two years later in 90 is when the writing on the barn appeared. One more connection i believe we would have something to work with.
    But with the two i don't know. Same state that would be interesting.

    I just don't think the guy on the bike knew before hand her name was Tinsley to make the connection. He was looking for a victim to kill.

    But the people with the pot had nothing to do with it on that day.
    Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 04-21-2012 at 07:03 PM.

    :+:Anneliese Michel:+:

    [21 September 19521 July 1976]

    [Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:




  15. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693
    A FB page has been created by family and friends of April to bring awareness to her case. Here is the link:

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/amtinsley/

    This case has always haunted me. I hope that some day justice will be served for this precious child and her loved ones.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:


  17. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana [USA]
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck View Post
    A FB page has been created by family and friends of April to bring awareness to her case. Here is the link:

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/amtinsley/

    This case has always haunted me. I hope that some day justice will be served for this precious child and her loved ones.
    Thank you for the information.
    Unfortunately one must be a member to access the site.

    :+:Anneliese Michel:+:

    [21 September 19521 July 1976]

    [Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:




  18. The Following User Says Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:


  19. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693
    I lived near where she was abducted at the time. I also was a waitress at a restaurant in that area. It's driving me crazy thinking back trying to recall if maybe I would have encountered anyone that fit the profile of the killer. There were definitely a lot of characters that I would call creepy that were around the restaurant and the area. But, I can't think of anyone that stands out that displayed any behavior that would indicate they were suspicious as far as being her killer.

    I have thought about the killer being a newspaper delivery driver. I don't know if LE checked out this angle but I was thinking that if they did and cleared delivery drivers there is still the possibility that the delivery driver could have been a sub. Anybody can sub for someone. They don't really care or pay attention to who delivers the papers all they care about is that they get delivered.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:


  21. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693
    From the FB page of FWPD officer Foster. AMW will be airing the April Tinsley case on Aug. 24.

    Also from John Walsh official FB page: AMW is filming in Fort Wayne, IN this week.

    Hopefully, they have some new information in this case!!!!!!

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:


  23. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,993
    Last updated: August 20, 2012 3:03 p.m.

    'America's Most Wanted' tapes April Tinsley segment
    Sex toy found near her body in 1988, police reveal


    http://journalgazette.com/article/20...AL07/120829961

    OMG I can't believe they posted a photo of the sex toy found near April's body! And it is scary this sick %$#@$ is still at large!
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:


  25. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,993

    Evidence in Tinsley cold case released
    Police discuss evidence on new AMW episode


    Updated: Monday, 20 Aug 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
    Published : Monday, 20 Aug 2012, 3:53 PM EDT

    FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - A crew from America’s Most Wanted was in Fort Wayne Monday to follow up on previous coverage of the 1988 April Tinsley murder case.

    The show’s host, John Walsh, interviewed a current detective with the Fort Wayne Police Department along with retired detective sergeant Dan Camp who was one of two lead investigators in the case.

    http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/e...e-released-dbl
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:


  27. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,993
    John Walsh Comes to Fort Wayne to Help in April Tinsley Case

    http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...166766526.html
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:


  29. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693
    That poor baby girl! I was just coming here to add the info.

    Yes, I can't believe they released that photo, but if it helps solve the case, hey whatever it takes.

    Does anyone know if that metal piece on the end of the toy is part of the toy?

    http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/evidenc...e-released-dbl

    Mods, pretty please, can we get some more exposure on this case?

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:


  31. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck View Post
    That poor baby girl! I was just coming here to add the info.

    Yes, I can't believe they released that photo, but if it helps solve the case, hey whatever it takes.

    Does anyone know if that metal piece on the end of the toy is part of the toy?

    http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/evidenc...e-released-dbl

    Mods, pretty please, can we get some more exposure on this case?
    I wasn't very clear in my above post on what I was freaking out about so clarifying here-sorry!
    I don't mind them releasing the photo if it helps solve the case by all means yes, do so. The thing that concerned me was if it is on the front page of the JG print version (I don't know if it is as I only saw the website info.-I think my sister gets the daily JG as she lives in Ft. Wayne-I could call her and ask)
    I wouldn't want a child looking at it and asking what it is!

    I believe the metal piece on the end of the toy is part of the toy. I confess I was curious and did some Googling and learned some things about last century's sex toys!
    Last edited by twall; 08-20-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:


  33. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    I don't mind them releasing the photo if it helps solve the case by all means yes, do so. The thing that concerned me was if it is on the front page of the JG print version (I don't know if it is as I only saw the website info.-I think my sister gets the daily JG as she lives in Ft. Wayne-I could call her and ask)
    I wouldn't want a child looking at it and asking what it is!

    I believe the metal piece on the end of the toy is part of the toy. I confess I was curious and did some Googling and learned some things about last century's sex toys!
    Wow, I didn't see it on the JG site. (I just looked at it is there) I wonder if it is in the paper also or just on the website. Anyway, hmmm..

    So it appears that toy must attach to something else? I would think that might make it even more rare than the average toy.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:


  35. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,868
    the article said the 'toy' was a hand-crank so I would assume the metal part 'cranks'

    ugh, whatever that means and I hated typing it

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:


  37. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    the article said the 'toy' was a hand-crank so I would assume the metal part 'cranks'

    ugh, whatever that means and I hated typing it
    ugh is right! I don't know what that would mean either. I though maybe it attached to another device and may be more rare.

    This case frustrates me so much because it is cold and if we had the tech now that we didn't have then, maybe it would have been solved.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:


  39. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    177
    I live in Fort Wayne and saw the headlines in JG this morning. My mouth flew open when I saw the pic of the toy. That poor child. I was always a little doubtful that the notes were by the actual Perp until I realized he'd actually baited le with his Dna. How I wish they would get this guy.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to georgiasblu For This Useful Post:


  41. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:


  43. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693
    I found the toy on ebay, they are calling it a classic squirmy rooter. They are listed under the adult only section. It is a hand crank devise. ugh....

  44. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693
    This is most likely the manufacturer of the toy:

    http://www.manta.com/c/mmjmrfw/doc-johnson-enterprises

  45. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,693
    This link http://www.fortwayne.com/apps/pbcs.d...05/1005/NEWS09 was posted above i just wanted to note this fact from it

    They were able to track the Polaroid film he used to snap a picture of himself to a batch made in 2003 and stored in a New Jersey warehouse until the fall of 2004.
    They must have reached a dead end at the warehouse with the film? It doesn't seem like much polaroid film would have been being sold in 2003-04. I wish I knew why there wasn't a paper trail from the warehouse on the purchase of the film. Was any shipped to Fort Wayne or the surrounding area?

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OK OK - Pamela Dawn Tinsley, 19, Oklahoma City, 13 April 1986
    By Richard in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 06:00 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 07:15 PM
  3. KS Randy Wayne Leach (17) - Linwood KS, 1988
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 05:14 PM
  4. Fort Wayne BOOM returns
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 05:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •