Dying teen to have wedding of her dreams

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link

WILLOWICK, Ohio - Nicole Hastings says she's always dreamed of having a wedding.

Now that doctors say the 17-year-old from the Cleveland area has terminal cancer, it's her dying wish. And, it will be fulfilled.

What a bitter sweet day for Nicole...I hope her day is everything she could wish for

dingo said:
What a bitter sweet day for Nicole...I hope her day is everything she could wish for
Hi Dingo my Aussie friend,
Thank-you for the post.I have donated to the Make A Wish Foundation for the last 14 years.
We recently lost a 13 year old boy in my state who was on the wish list.
His name was Casey L. Dalley

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Im sorry to hear that Dark_Shadows.......there is so much saddness happening at the moment.

dingo said:
Im sorry to hear that Dark_Shadows.......there is so much saddness happening at the moment.
Thank-you for your post Dingo.I do not know why there is so much sadness.
At least Nicole got her wish.For that,we are happy.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I am happy for Nicole. If this is what she wants then I hope it is a special day for everyone. When faced with dying whatever a person wants to do should be for them to decide. It will be sad for her Hubby when she dies but at least he will have this to remember.This is heartbreaking for all.

She looked so beautiful in her wedding gown. What a pretty girl and so sad that they can't stop the cancer or get it into remission.

Wasn't this a committment ceremony? I had heard that if they actually got married she would lose her social security which pays all of her medical bills.
I know that on the news it said where they were going on their honeymoon and that her mother would accompany them. I kind of got the idea that it won't be a "real" honeymoon.

You know, in a case like this you would think that some rules could be bent. This beautiful girl is dying and her wish was to have a beautiful wedding. I would think that she should still be able to receive social security even if she gets married. Sometimes things just aren't fair in this world.

I'm hoping for a miracle for this sweet girl and that her cancer puts itself in remission. It could happen. Prayers people.

Alot of seniors (65 and older) don't get married , but choose to live together so there retirement money doesn't get cut way down.

Alot of rules aren't for the little guy...That reminds me of Allen Jackson's song " The Little Man".

Happy for her...

Looks like the wedding (I'm calling it one!) is this Saturday. This girl's amazing. I hope her day is everything she ever dreamed of.

"Nicole, 17, a high school senior who is tutored at home, has a rare form of an aggressive cancer that her doctors say is terminal. "I'm not afraid to die, although I guess I'm a little afraid that it might hurt," she said. "I talk with God every night and I know that things happen for a reason, so I've accepted that. But I've been dreaming of having a wedding since I was a little girl and when I got sick, I wasn't sure that would ever happen."

Link: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=local&id=4569319

"And despite some murmuring in the family about moral issues regarding the non-wedding and honeymoon to follow, Nicole is confident about her ethical standing after talking with the minister who will perform the ceremony. "He told me that when Adam and Eve were married in the Garden of Eden, that God was the one who performed the ceremony - and they didn't need a marriage license either," Nicole said. "I already have the approval I need."

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People need to GET OVER THEIR SELFISHNESS. How dare they even put negative thoughts about this wonderful wish into this poor childs mind? That really pushed me over the edge!

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I hope Nicole's wish turns out more beautiful than she had ever imagined.

This reminds me of the movie A Walk To Remember. It is one of my favorite movies.

My daughter was a Make A Wish recipient. We had the most awesome during her wish granting. Thanks to everyone who helps with that program!!!

2luvmy said:
I hope Nicole's wish turns out more beautiful than she had ever imagined.

This reminds me of the movie A Walk To Remember. It is one of my favorite movies.

My daughter was a Make A Wish recipient. We had the most awesome during her wish granting. Thanks to everyone who helps with that program!!!

Make a Wish is awesome...I think I have read before but if you don't mind me asking, what did your daughter have, 2luvmy?

Lynie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back