What is "Blacked out"?

Tristan

Reaction score
I was reading the Ramsey search warrants and there are several things that
are blacked out, so as to be unreadable.

WHY would something be blacked out in a search warrant?

If you wish to see it, visit: www.thesmokinggun.com

Tristan said:
I was reading the Ramsey search warrants and there are several things that
are blacked out, so as to be unreadable.

WHY would something be blacked out in a search warrant?

If you wish to see it, visit: www.thesmokinggun.com
To avoid lawsuits from the R team for publishing what is blackened out???

To attempt to "Hold Back" some evidence for IDI information????

i think something about the condition of the body is blacked out on pg 2

Why would they want to hide something about the condition of the body?

I think this *might* be something about a box of cuban cigars which were in the basement room. I have read that the cigar box was under her head but I have no idea if this is accurate or not as it didn't come a source which I would consider credible.

Search warrents and police reports usually have redacted or blacked out marks. When I covered the cop shop, I used to hold the reports up to the light to see if I could figure out what was covered. All reporters try that.
Certain information may be carefully marked out because it's facts important to solving the case. Perhaps it's evidence the cops need to keep under wraps in order to have something only the person committing the crime would know. Facing those black out marks can be frustrating, but they are there for a good reason often things the public should not know until the case goes to court.
JMO

azwriter said:
Search warrents and police reports usually have redacted or blacked out marks. When I covered the cop shop, I used to hold the reports up to the light to see if I could figure out what was covered. All reporters try that.
Certain information may be carefully marked out because it's facts important to solving the case. Perhaps it's evidence the cops need to keep under wraps in order to have something only the person committing the crime would know. Facing those black out marks can be frustrating, but they are there for a good reason often things the public should not know until the case goes to court.
JMO
John Ramsey was quized about cuban cigars in the police interviews. Could that fact that they were cuban be the reason they were blacked out? (I'm asking - I don't know the answer, I don't think Cuban cigars are illegal here in the UK).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back