Fox reporting....ufo....nasa can't identify

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
If you are tuned into Fox news, I am sure you have seen some type of unidentified object in space. So far NASA can't identify it.

Mystery object delays shuttle landing
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/09/19/space.shuttle.ap/index.html

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- NASA delayed the planned landing of the space shuttle by at least a day Tuesday after engineers spotted an object that may have accidentally flown out of the space shuttle Atlantis' cargo bay.

Landing had been scheduled for Wednesday morning. But a poor weather forecast, and concerns that something crucial floated out of the space shuttle, prompted the delay, space shuttle communicator Terry Virts told the crew.

NASA engineers spotted the object at about 2:45 a.m EDT Tuesday with a video camera in the shuttle's cargo bay.

The object, which circled the Earth in the same orbit as the shuttle and is of undetermined size, probably came out of the shuttle's cargo bay because some jets had just been fired, shaking the orbiter, NASA spokesman Doug Peterson said.

I just heard it is about 10' long. I couldn't see it as they showed the shuttle moving across the clouds 200 miles up in the air. Why would it follow so closely. Well, I guess things move on their own up there. Are the engines on all the time in the shuuttle? I know I sound like a real dummy :rolleyes: , but hey, I am when it comes to rocket science! :laugh: :D

Scandi

I hope its not something important that fell off the space craft. We certainly don't need another space accident.

If it were an 'extraterrestrial' UFO, it would never be broadcast on the news! :p

Floh said:
If it were an 'extraterrestrial' UFO, it would never be broadcast on the news! :p

I don't think they mean that type of UFO. Just something they can't identify at this time.

Maybe a classified US aircraft that should not have been seen?

expect damage control. :)

kato said:
I don't think they mean that type of UFO. Just something they can't identify at this time.

No. probably not. simply unidentified flying object. not of the third kind. :waitasec:

Maybe it's L. Ron Hubbard coming back for Tom and Kate's love child. Hurry Tom, the mother ship is here!!!!!!!

SpongeBathHotPants said:
Maybe it's L. Ron Hubbard coming back for Tom and Kate's love child. Hurry Tom, the mother ship is here!!!!!!!
:woohoo:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
SpongeBathHotPants said:

I've heard there is a report a second object has now appeared.

whatever it is, i hope the astronauts are not in danger!

SpongeBathHotPants said:

LOL...That's good! I have now had my first good laugh of the day!!!! :)

I sent my boss an email saying "NASA confirms a UFO in orbit around Earth - seriously!" - I love this story for misleading headlines.

Ah Poopity-poopy! I just heard on the news that when one of the astronauts was fixing those panels some piece of equipment he had in his hand flew away from him and he couldn't retreive it. It is now flying @ 3,000 miles per second around the earth!~

Wouldn't you think that would be dangerous. as if it follows the shuttle down to earth it will enter gravitational forces and literally be a loose weapon towards whatever it might hit when it reaches the ground! :eek:

I thought it was exciting to think of 2 ghostly UFO's tailing our little Shuttle to see whazz' up with it! :D

Scandi

And latest i've heard?

whatever it may be, the astronauts are talking about their families.

makes me gulp.

for those that pray, pray now. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44