1006 users online (184 members and 822 guests)  

Websleuths News

X-Rated Font Used on Third-Grade Handout

MONROE, N.Y. (AP) -- School officials apologized after an X-rated font was used on a third-grade spelling packet handed out to parents. The font showed male and female stick figures in provocative poses to form the letters of the alphabet.

Officials with the Monroe-Woodbury School District in Orange County apologized last week after parents at Pine Tree Elementary School were given the spelling packet at an open house.

Administrators said the teacher did not use the font intentionally.

Monroe is about 45 miles northwest of New York City.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...=ENTERTAINMENT

gotta say this made me chuckle (and I don't normally chuckle either)

Lol!!!

...yeah, I know, it's one of those things where...

....we're not supposed to laugh at this, as responsible parents, but I laughed too!

I think it is funny and I am sure most of the kids did not realize what it really was. I am sure there are some really po'd parents though and a really embarrassed teacher.
    Just my opinion of course!!

Ok...I hate X-rated everything. Actually, I'm usually nuts about keeping anything of the sort OUT of my home...but wouldn't you like to see this alphabet? The visual image would make this even more hilarious...

Oh my goodness it is online in an article about the event. (at record.com times herald titled kinky alphabet). It's not "BAD", bad... (just 'bad' for a teacher to have not noticed before using for school! The poor teacher. giggle, giggle)

It reminds me of some coffee mugs my husband gave me on our 1st Christmas together. One was hippos, one was elephants, one was monkeys, and one was rabbits. The outline of about a hundred covered each mug... When you looked really closely at them in various positions you realized they were indeed X-rated... I sold them at a yard sale the next summer. Hubby thought they were cute. For the past 24 years after that Christmas I've made out a Christmas list for him to avoid a repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid
    I've got a pretty good imagination, but I'm having a little trouble with "Q". Anyone?
    Q is probably somewhere in the Kuma Satra book, around page 87 or so. ;-)

I once downloaded an executable from the internet that was a "Tetris" like game - with male and female figures instead of colored blocks. When you matched the pieces up to fit, they'd uhhh, move a little bit with sound effects, then dissappear. It was a RIOT.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    Q is probably somewhere in the Kuma Satra book, around page 87 or so. ;-)

I once downloaded an executable from the internet that was a "Tetris" like game - with male and female figures instead of colored blocks. When you matched the pieces up to fit, they'd uhhh, move a little bit with sound effects, then dissappear. It was a RIOT.
    Oh yeah! I remember that from my college days. Was good fun.

And this was on a teacher's school computer because...?

It could have come in a "package" of fonts. LOL Poor teacher.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Ambiguous antecedent - are you referring to Tetris or the Kama Sutra?
    For me, both. It's ALL I remember from my college days - but that's enough, don't you think?

Thsi may be a dumb question but, where do you even get xrated fonts? I have never heard of this. I may start using them in my posts on here...

I found alot of them on the internet to download for free.

http://nawtythings.com/nfonts.html

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    Thsi may be a dumb question but, where do you even get xrated fonts? I have never heard of this. I may start using them in my posts on here...