X-Rated Font Used on Third-Grade Handout

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
MONROE, N.Y. (AP) -- School officials apologized after an X-rated font was used on a third-grade spelling packet handed out to parents. The font showed male and female stick figures in provocative poses to form the letters of the alphabet.

Officials with the Monroe-Woodbury School District in Orange County apologized last week after parents at Pine Tree Elementary School were given the spelling packet at an open house.

Administrators said the teacher did not use the font intentionally.

Monroe is about 45 miles northwest of New York City.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WRONG_ABCS?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT

gotta say this made me chuckle (and I don't normally chuckle either)

I think it is funny and I am sure most of the kids did not realize what it really was. I am sure there are some really po'd parents though and a really embarrassed teacher.

Ok...I hate X-rated everything. Actually, I'm usually nuts about keeping anything of the sort OUT of my home...but wouldn't you like to see this alphabet? The visual image would make this even more hilarious...

Oh my goodness it is online in an article about the event. (at record.com times herald titled kinky alphabet). It's not "BAD", bad... (just 'bad' for a teacher to have not noticed before using for school! The poor teacher. giggle, giggle)

It reminds me of some coffee mugs my husband gave me on our 1st Christmas together. One was hippos, one was elephants, one was monkeys, and one was rabbits. The outline of about a hundred covered each mug... When you looked really closely at them in various positions you realized they were indeed X-rated... I sold them at a yard sale the next summer. Hubby thought they were cute. For the past 24 years after that Christmas I've made out a Christmas list for him to avoid a repeat...;)

I've got a pretty good imagination, but I'm having a little trouble with "Q". Anyone?
Q is probably somewhere in the Kuma Satra book, around page 87 or so. ;-)

I once downloaded an executable from the internet that was a "Tetris" like game - with male and female figures instead of colored blocks. When you matched the pieces up to fit, they'd uhhh, move a little bit with sound effects, then dissappear. It was a RIOT.

GlitchWizard said:
Q is probably somewhere in the Kuma Satra book, around page 87 or so. ;-)

I once downloaded an executable from the internet that was a "Tetris" like game - with male and female figures instead of colored blocks. When you matched the pieces up to fit, they'd uhhh, move a little bit with sound effects, then dissappear. It was a RIOT.
Oh yeah! I remember that from my college days. Was good fun.

Thsi may be a dumb question but, where do you even get xrated fonts? I have never heard of this. I may start using them in my posts on here...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back