CO - Luz Franco Fierros, 49, dragged to death, Castle Rock, 18 Sept 2006

opme said:
News [font=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]09/19/2006 15:10:09 EST [/font][font=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]By KIM NGUYEN
Associated Press Writer
[/font]

[font=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]DENVER -[/font]

[font=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]DENVER - http://kevxml2a.verizon.net/_1_2CESTO102VLBSGW__vzn.isp/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D8K84TAG0&qcat=usnews&ran=12999&passqi=&feed=ap&top=1[/font]
People are freaking sick! This reminds me of the man who was drug behind the truck in Texas! :furious:

News [font=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]09/19/2006 15:10:09 EST [/font][font=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]By KIM NGUYEN
Associated Press Writer
[/font]

[font=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]
DENVER - A woman was found dead in a suburban neighborhood after a rope was looped around her neck and she was dragged through the streets from a vehicle in a gruesome crime that left a trail of blood more than a mile long, police said.

Neighbors discovered the woman's body before dawn Monday about 20 miles south of Denver. On Tuesday, sheriff's deputies were still trying to learn her identity.

The victim's face was unrecognizable and an orange tow rope was found around her neck, said Nancy Foley, who lives next door to the house where the body was found.

"I was trying to sleep last night, thinking about how this poor lady was dragged, treated worse than an animal," Foley said. "She was really mangled."

It was unclear whether the woman died from the dragging injuries. Authorities planned to conduct an autopsy.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Kim Castellano said a photo of an unidentified couple was found nearby, but investigators did not know whether it was connected to the death.

[/font]

[font=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica][/font]
~~~More at link~~~~
[font=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica] http://kevxml2a.verizon.net/_1_2CESTO102VLBSGW__vzn.isp/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D8K84TAG0&qcat=usnews&ran=12999&passqi=&feed=ap&top=1[/font][/QUOTE]

OMG!! This is horrible. This world is full of crazy bastards. I only hope that she was already dead before she was dragged.

My thought as well.. one can only hope she had passed away prior to being dragged. The thought that someone could be dragged behind a car.. it just blows my mind the amount of fear, pain and suffering that she would have undergone during that mile...I only hope the police are able to quickly identify this victim and find the perp that did this! They ought to get a good does of their own medicine!!

So someone dragged her body and got away on foot and no one saw anything? Who's car was it?

I remember a similar attack on a black man. They tied him to the back of a car and drove for miles. His body was scattered all over the place. It makes me sick just thinking about this. :furious:

I wonder if this was also a racist attack?

Is this in a rural area? I would imagine so otherwise there would surely be witnesses.

detecto said:
I remember a similar attack on a black man. They tied him to the back of a car and drove for miles. His body was scattered all over the place. It makes me sick just thinking about this. :furious:

I wonder if this was also a racist attack?

Is this in a rural area? I would imagine so otherwise there would surely be witnesses.
The area which she was found is semi-rural, but where the dragging started was on a major interstate. This area is several miles from my home. Three witnesses were questioned yesterday in the case. One witnesses stated he saw a car with its lights off dragging something behind the vehicle. Because of the time of night this happened, not too many people would have been around.

The lady was alive when she was dragged. She died from asphyxiation and blunt force trauma to the head. What a horrible way to die!

I read this morning that there is a news conference scheduled for today, possibly outlining an arrest and identifying the victim. I will try to post after I hear what is said.

LovelyPigeon said:
I wonder if this could any way be accidental. Poor woman!
I think the fact that she had a rope around her neck rules out an accident.

If the rope was tied purposely, I'll sure agree, but accidents can account for all manner of things happening.

I think the fact that the car supposedly dragging the woman had its headlights off would suggest it wasn't an accident.

There was an arrest overnight of a 36 year old illegal immigrant. Victim was apparently his girlfriend, but has not yet been publicly identified. Will post more as it becomes available.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4201416.html

Man under arrest in Colo. dragging death

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. — A man pictured in a photo found at the crime scene was arrested in the death of a woman whose body was found after she was dragged behind a vehicle for at least a mile, authorities said Wednesday.

Jose Luis Rubi-Nava, 36, was arrested Tuesday night on a charge of first-degree murder and was being held without bail in the Douglas County jail, Sheriff Dave Weaver said.

More at link including photo found.

illegal immigrant... hhhmmmm... no surprise there. that's what i thought all along. but nooooo,,, we NEED those guys so we can continue to have our CHEAP LABOR FORCE, right?? hey, let's keep the borders wiiiiiiiiide open so we can have a few more million of these guys coming into our country,, shall we?! let's!!

This is one of the sickest things I've heard! No regard for life at all! Sick SOB is right!! What is wrong with a person that allows them to even think of doing this to another person???

michelle said:
What a sick SOB!!!!!!
I say- grab the same strap he used, put it around his neck...and hit the gas....slowly :furious:

Never, ever, EVER am I in favor of inflicting the same kind of torture on anyone that I abhor having been used on their victim.

I hope this is a case of accidental death, with an attempted cover up after the fact. However, if it's a case of intentional murder, I hope the legalities that require a conviction on evidence and a sentence that does NOT include cruel and unusual punishment will prevail.

As someone else has so wisely pointed out, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back