1367 users online (255 members and 1112 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - Ray Dandridge on trial in the Baskerville-Tucker murders

First, a quick note --

I HAVE A NEW CRIMEBLOG.

If you are one of those whacky people who have been reading The Dark Side of Planet Huff, I thank you.

Due to tech problems I still don't understand, I was forced to move the content of The Dark Side to....

http://huffcrimeblog.com

So you'll get all the old darkside content and the new updates too. The online version of my old blog is quite likely kaput, but the files containing the old/draft entries, categories were all intact. I really like the new URL, it's more memorable, and am very happy to introduce this to you.

That said, the first crime-related entry in the new blog is about a triple murder that occurred in Richmond, VA last night, 1/06/06, on a street just over a mile from the Harvey Family's home on 812 E. 31st St.

Here's the Times-Dispatch article -- quote:

The bloody start to the city’s new year continued late last night with the discovery of three bodies in a South Richmond house.Police confirmed shortly before 2:30 a.m. that three bodies had been found and that all appeared to have been homicide victims. A news conference was scheduled for 8 a.m. today at police headquarters in downtown Richmond.

The latest crime scene was a small brick ranch house at 3408 E. Broad Rock Road, on a tree-lined street just north of McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center.

In a scene similar to New Year’s Day, when six people were found slain at two homes in other South Richmond neighborhoods, more than a dozen police vehicles converged on Broad Rock shortly after 11 p.m.
    Man. That's 3 multiple murders in one week for that city, a total of NINE victims.

Steve

WOW Steve, makes you wonder what's in the water out there.

Thumbs up

Yes Steve that's what alarmed me as well so much in fact I maped out the addresses and did comparisons between each one in relation to the next. The Harvey's and Sherri Warner are the only ones we can be sure of a time frame for and although Sherri Warners house is quite a way from Richmond there are some similarities, hopefully LE can discount it or include it conclusively by ballistics or other forensics.

I've gone over all I could find reported about Lewis Casper and his daughter but the mother found them on 1/1 at 7pm same day as the Harvey's but she states she was away from home and the last time she spoke to her daughter was on the friday before. Maybe you can dig up something on the time frame angle, possibly a ballistics test has tied this case in with the Harvey's thus explaining the gag order over the leak about weapons. The father and daughter could have been killed before the Harvey's.

I'm anxious to see if any info on a time of death is reported in this latest one on Broad Rock Rd. and who the 3 victims are. There's 1 1/4 mile from this one and the Harvey's house and only 3 from broadrock rd to terminal ave. and 4 between the harvey's and terminal ave. When you pull up a map on these three addresses it really is disturbing to see the proximity.

I am having deja vu from the dc sniper case, the rapid succession of murders being committed for no apparent reason, totally random with no preference to race or sex and often committed during the day in busy populated areas etc. Imo they were sloppy and were more of a mass spree type pair but I've read books by fbi profilers who say the intelligent ones are usually methodical, clever and don't leave much if any evidence (Bundy) the less intelligent ones are sloppy and usually get caught sooner.

Thanks for all the great stories and info

According to the local Richmond News two men have been arrested in these murders.

Thanks Steve. I wondered why I couldn't get into planethuff. New blog looks nice, but if you are going to name it after yourself, you need to add your picture on the main page, LOL. Like an author does on the back of their books.

Right now most rules get relaxed when the hubby gets home. Doors unlock, get opened to strangers, other things that a woman alone often won't do. After all the protector of the home is there. The only problem is that nowdays, even the strongest protector is helpless before a gun.

Has there been any indications about the crime scene?
    Where did LE get the info about the white older model cadillac?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Another family found bound and slain
    in South Richmond last night
    Discovery in E. Broad Rock Rd. home marks city's third multiple homicide of 2006

BY MARK HOLMBERG
    TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITERS
    Jan 7, 2006

UPDATED: 10:30 a.m.

A South Richmond couple and their adult daughter were found bound by duct tape and slain in their E. Broad Rock Boulevard home Friday night.

Two suspects have been apprehended in Pennsylvania and a white Cadillac that was taken from the victims’ house at 3408 E. Broad Rock Boulevard was also recovered there, Richmond police Chief Rodney Monroe said this morning.

Monroe made it clear that investigators do not believe these slayings are linked to the double and quadruple homicides that occurred in South Richmond on New Year’s Day. In the latter case, the victims were also bound. <snip>

The slaying scene was unusual in that no Richmond medics were called in to declare the victims dead. When asked if that indicated that the scene was such that there was no question about it, Monroe only nodded grimly.
    http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1128769168288

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMoMom
    According to the local Richmond News two men have been arrested in these murders.
    Retired 08/03/03

Thank you Steve!

...for all of your great work....

This latest crime makes one wonder (despite what LE are saying) what the Richmond police meant when they told concerned Harvey neighbors they "had nothing to worry about." The only way this statement could absolutely be true is if, either: 1) this tragedy were a muder-suicide, which I do NOT believe it is; or 2) the killer(s) are dead or apprehended, which, apprently they are not.

Even if the LE officer made this statement believing that a disgruntled associate or family member committed this crime, and was not interested in anyone else, that person is still out there, and probably getting more desperate as time goes on...Also, If I were Stella's friend's mother, I think I might be very anxious and worried...

It would be pretty flippant, IMO, for any good LE to make a statement like this unless the above circumstances were true...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    From the link:

Monroe said it remains unclear how the victims died, although he added that they did not appear to have been shot. He said it appeared that one or more of the victims appeared to have known the attacker or attackers.
    In most cases, LE won't usually guess at the cause of death. But they also wouldn't say that they didn't appear to have been shot. My guess would be that the number of injuries were such that they actually don't know which ones were the fatal wounds.
    I wonder what led them to the conclusion that at least one of the victims knew their attackers?

An adult dau. living in the home.....I wonder how long she had lived there?

They determined a suspect very quickly, knew that at least one of the the victims knew the attackers. Possibly a woman trying to escape an abusive relationship? Just a guess.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Two charged in slaughter of Va. families

RICHMOND, Va. - Two men were captured Saturday and charged in the brutal killings of seven people

He said the charges stem from the slaying Friday of Percyell Tucker, 55, Mary Baskerville, 47, and her daughter, Ashley Baskerville, 21; and from the New Year's Day killings of Bryan Harvey, 49, his wife, Kathryn, 39, and their two young daughters, Stella, 9, and Ruby, 4.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandf...s/13574243.htm
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

If my instincts are on target there's probably more crimes they are gonna match up with these two. There's a case in Philly where a young woman and her grandmother were stabbed to death and the house set on fire and the last time I checked they have a suspect in mind but not custody, wouldn't doubt they're good for this one as well. Any information or motive given for these crimes no matter what isn't gonna explain or rationalize any of this horror any more than when they caught the dc snipers. I hope these sub human, disgusting, pathetic, vile, lowlife, uncaring or feeling things get the death penalty. I cannot even begin to comprehend how diseased and sick someone's mind would have to be to do this and not one but two of them. Where do these creatures come from? Are they created? I have so much sorrow for all these victims and I just can't stop thinking about those two little girls.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Two charged in slaughter of Va. families

RICHMOND, Va. - Two men were captured Saturday and charged in the brutal killings of seven people

He said the charges stem from the slaying Friday of Percyell Tucker, 55, Mary Baskerville, 47, and her daughter, Ashley Baskerville, 21; and from the New Year's Day killings of Bryan Harvey, 49, his wife, Kathryn, 39, and their two young daughters, Stella, 9, and Ruby, 4.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandf...s/13574243.htm

OMG! I am so glad they caught these men. Good grief no telling how many they have killed. I would be looking at more murders in the area.

Why, why, did they do this to these people. They could have robbed the place, tied them all up and left.

IMO

Ocean
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes
    OMG! I am so glad they caught these men. Good grief no telling how many they have killed. I would be looking at more murders in the area.

Why, why, did they do this to these people. They could have robbed the place, tied them all up and left.

IMO

Ocean
    We both know why. It was entitlement. The agenda for power and control supercedes all thoughts. My simple agenda for murder is greed and selfishness.Everyone can place their own thoughts in the spaces but that is what it comes down to.

Here's a video link re: the arrest and murders:

http://www.wwbt.com/

I wonder how many crimes will be connected to them,If they werent caught I wonder how many would have been murdered,Well done to the LE.
    Evil like them should be wiped off the face of the earth and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegran
    I wonder how many crimes will be connected to them,If they werent caught I wonder how many would have been murdered,Well done to the LE.
    Evil like them should be wiped off the face of the earth and soon.
    Yeah, Richmond LE has their hands full right now. I agree, well done.

I am betting those guys will be linked to many other horrible murders in multiple states. It's gonna take a while to get the info together.
    This is horrible. Those poor families, that they must've endured during theire final minutes alive.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast