Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 537

Thread: Media Exposure - #1

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    140

    Video

    Gina, you did a beautiful job with the video, I just love looking at the farm and the pictures of little Anna are so precious. Hopefully she is out there somewhere and sees the pictures of the farm, it would surely bring back memories of living there.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    My antique computer won't play it. I know. Time to get a newer one.
    It probably isn't your computer - it most likely is your dial-up connection. I have dial up also (as compared to DSL or cable) and cannot access YouTube either.

    Then again, it may be that I am using a Commodore 64 computer...

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    357
    Wow Gina! I love the video! Great job!!!

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    813
    I cannot access YouTube at work.... but I will try and remember to watch when I get home!

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    57

    You Tube

    Wow! that is a very nice video. Thanks for putting it together. I think it does a great job of pulling the images and story together in a succinct and captivating way. Good Work!

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Annasbro View Post
    Wow! that is a very nice video. Thanks for putting it together. I think it does a great job of pulling the images and story together in a succinct and captivating way. Good Work!
    Thank you Annasbro and everyone else who liked the video. I'm working on another one which will go more into detail on the main theories of what happened to Anna.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,492
    Awwww - that was a beautiful video with great information!!

    And thanks for using such great music, and not a cheesy tearjerker (jmho)!!

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    Awwww - that was a beautiful video with great information!!

    And thanks for using such great music, and not a cheesy tearjerker (jmho)!!
    Thanks! LOL about the music...I felt "Here Comes the Sun" was an obvious choice for the first one. For the second one, I wanted something different, but it took awhile to find something that fit! Finally finished the second one late last night. It's now up at:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5BHNSEGYo

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,492
    Again, nicely done Gina! You have a real talent for this. The story was succinct, but detailed enough to get the main story out there.

    I love how the photos have the little tabs on the corners to make it look like a photo album. The music is perfect, too. I hope these great videos get seen by many. Yay Gina!

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,606
    Thanks! I downloaded the "photo album" format and thought I'd try it - it's great because the words and pictures don't interfere with each other - but you can only fit so many characters on a page that way. So I alternated the photos with blank screens of text. It was hard to summarize the story of the Georges because it is so complicated! That's why I went with an instrumental for the music - anything with lyrics was distracting from reading the text. Anyway, glad you liked it. I hope it helps get the info about the case out there.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18
    An excellent job on the videos Gina. What a great gift you have shared in this search for Anna.

  12. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    Thanks! I downloaded the "photo album" format and thought I'd try it - it's great because the words and pictures don't interfere with each other - but you can only fit so many characters on a page that way. So I alternated the photos with blank screens of text. It was hard to summarize the story of the Georges because it is so complicated! That's why I went with an instrumental for the music - anything with lyrics was distracting from reading the text. Anyway, glad you liked it. I hope it helps get the info about the case out there.

    Gina, check this out! Can you see if they will include Anna's video?

    http://www.youtube.com/dontyouforgetaboutme

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
    Gina, check this out! Can you see if they will include Anna's video?

    http://www.youtube.com/dontyouforgetaboutme
    Thanks Sherlock! I will check it out

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,606
    I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

    Here is the page with the requirements:

    http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/ser...X1&PageId=3326

  15. #190
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

    Here is the page with the requirements:

    http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/ser...X1&PageId=3326
    Gina, I filled out the electronic submission form and printed out the other forms to be mailed tomorrow. The responded right away, saying they would verify the information, and said "Please submit your video to video@icmec.org using YouSendIt.com, a free file-sharing service; or send a hard copy of the video to (address on their link). So I guess it's OK to go ahead pending their verification and receipt of the releases. I really appreciate your looking into this.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Gina, I filled out the electronic submission form and printed out the other forms to be mailed tomorrow. The responded right away, saying they would verify the information, and said "Please submit your video to video@icmec.org using YouSendIt.com, a free file-sharing service; or send a hard copy of the video to (address on their link). So I guess it's OK to go ahead pending their verification and receipt of the releases. I really appreciate your looking into this.
    Gina, it looks as if the person filling out the electronic submission form has to send the video, so I'll see if I can copy the one you sent me and mail it tomorrow with the other forms. You know, I didn't even ask if it was OK with you for us to do this....after all, it is YOUR work.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

    Here is the page with the requirements:

    http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/ser...X1&PageId=3326
    I can't figure out how to copy the DVD. I'll go ahead and send the required forms and hope they'll let you send the video.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,606
    Annasmom, I submitted the video via YouSendIt. I think it's okay that it's coming from my email address. Oh and of course it's okay with me...this video is my gift to you and Anna

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,606
    I check the ICMEC's YouTube channel periodically...so far, Anna's video is not up there. The YouSendIt link, which I used to send them the video, expires after a week and I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if they downloaded it during that time. I guess we can assume they downloaded it and are still verifying the info.

    I put together another (shorter) video last night to get Anna's High School age progression out on YouTube. I chose a song for it that would have been popular while Anna was in high school ("Lucky Star" by Madonna). I wasn't sure if it fit the video but...I know I get really nostalgic about songs from my high school days! It might trigger a memory in someone who went to school with Anna. Or in Anna herself!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYCR-32eHw

  20. #195
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    I check the ICMEC's YouTube channel periodically...so far, Anna's video is not up there. The YouSendIt link, which I used to send them the video, expires after a week and I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if they downloaded it during that time. I guess we can assume they downloaded it and are still verifying the info.

    I put together another (shorter) video last night to get Anna's High School age progression out on YouTube. I chose a song for it that would have been popular while Anna was in high school ("Lucky Star" by Madonna). I wasn't sure if it fit the video but...I know I get really nostalgic about songs from my high school days! It might trigger a memory in someone who went to school with Anna. Or in Anna herself!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYCR-32eHw
    Gina, I also sent them the DVD (along with the application and the other papers they requested), but I haven't had an acknowledgment of receipt. You'd think they would say they had received these. Maybe I'll write them tomorrow. The new video is really great!
    Last edited by Annasmom; 09-15-2007 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Additions

  21. #196
    Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    71,927
    I'm close to Anna's age, and one of my favorite songs from back then was Cyndi Lauper, Time after Time. and I think Bizare Love Triangle, every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray.... was another favorite.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I'm close to Anna's age, and one of my favorite songs from back then was Cyndi Lauper, Time after Time. and I think Bizare Love Triangle, every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray.... was another favorite.
    Oh yeah, those are great too! My favorite Cyndi Lauper song is "All Through the Night". I'm a bit younger than you guys...I enjoyed these songs in elementary school

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Gina, I also sent them the DVD (along with the application and the other papers they requested), but I haven't had an acknowledgment of receipt. You'd think they would say they had received these. Maybe I'll write them tomorrow. The new video is really great!
    Glad you like it Annasmom! Are you able to watch YouTube videos on your computer now?

  24. #199
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    Glad you like it Annasmom! Are you able to watch YouTube videos on your computer now?
    I can; what a thrill! I still have a dial-up connection, so the video stop and starts again every few seconds, but at least it's something. Thank you, Gina.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New england
    Posts
    3,291
    time after time is one of my favorites i was a little at the time and i can still remember dancing to that footloose and beat it in my aunts way over sized tee shirt

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Media Exposure - #2
    By Cubby in forum Anna Christian Waters
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 12:28 AM
  2. Indecent Exposure Leads To Far Worse
    By Filly in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 01:54 PM
  3. Children's exposure to pesticides
    By Autumn2004 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
  4. Penis + highlighter = Art or Indecent Exposure?
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 07:05 PM
  5. Flasher shocked by exposure to the law
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 07:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •