Fox to offer Christian films

shopper said:
This is good. If they'd only do something like this on t.v! It's easy to control what kids see at the movies, but very hard at home.
You are so right. I had spiderman on tv one night for my son and they said "damn", I almost fell out of my chair. It was rated TV-8y. But still, I mean come on!

I think it is good, too, but what I have a problem with is marketing it as "Films for Christian Viewers".

From the link - "The home-video division of Twentieth Century Fox said Tuesday it will acquire as many as a dozen family friendly movies a year and market them under the FoxFaith banner."
That implies to me that they feel only Christians would be interested in family friendly movies. Christians haven't cornered the market on family values. Just ask any of our Jewish, Buddist, or Atheist posters here.

Maral said:
I think it is good, too, but what I have a problem with is marketing it as "Films for Christian Viewers".

From the link - "The home-video division of Twentieth Century Fox said Tuesday it will acquire as many as a dozen family friendly movies a year and market them under the FoxFaith banner."
That implies to me that they feel only Christians would be interested in family friendly movies. Christians haven't cornered the market on family values. Just ask any of our Jewish, Buddist, or Atheist posters here.
I dont think they meant it like that, but I dont know......

Does anyone know what The Passion of the Christ is rated? I thought it was R. The article references that movie, but R-rated movies aren't usually family friendly!

southcitymom said:
Does anyone know what The Passion of the Christ is rated? I thought it was R. The article references that movie, but R-rated movies aren't usually family friendly!
It is R for the Violence.

...at least an NC-17, or more likely an X rating for both sex and violence... (if it were to be made into a movie)

Maral said:

I agree. I am not Christian nor am I religious, but I generally like films aimed at Family and values. If they are marketing family values, Great! If they are going to preach Christianity, then they are limiting their audience.

They are talking about Christians and Family Values then the first four pics I see on the right are Willie Nelson, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss rofl.

BhamMama said:
They are talking about Christians and Family Values then the first four pics I see on the right are Willie Nelson, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss rofl.
Yea, but its fox. lol...

michelle said:
Yea, but its fox. lol...
Where's a beat me with a wet noodle icon when you need it? rofl This will have to do.....
doh.gif
a la Homer

michelle said:
I think this will be nice. I like to be able to watch good movies with my kid and not have to worry about curses ect....He repeats everything now so I cant have that, lol..... http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/articles/_a/fox-to-offer-films-for-christian-viewers/20060919184909990001
It is nice to watch wholesome stuff..
I don't care too much about swearing or sex stuff (as long as its not over graphic) but I can't tolerate violence on kids shows..
Michelle, they learn really quickly 'don't do as I do, do as I say' lol
I swear all the time but my 8 yr old would never think to swear, he knows he's not allowed.
(like bloody/*advertiser censored*..damn isn't even a swear word is it?)
Plus, they hear stuff when they get to school...

BhamMama said:
Well, the source of the story is aol, not FoxFaith. aol is just reporting that Fox is starting this more wholesome line of movies. Not promoting it....so Paris, Willie, Kate and Lindsay are not there in relation to the FoxFaith movie group.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back