GUILTY NY - Niah Ford, 4 mos, dies in bucket of vomit, Harlem, 16 Sept 2006

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
22 September, 2006
8 minutes ago

NEW YORK - A 3-month-old infant fell off a bed into a bucket of her teenage mother's vomit and died, said police, who charged the woman with negligent homicide on Thursday.

http://www.localnewswatch.com/skyvalley/stories/index.php?action=fullnews&id=8806

ETA another link on story:
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=4587003

What a disgustingly horrific death for this poor little baby girl! :( Her 18 year young mother has a long life ahead to think about her negligent acts.

julianne said:
:eek: *completely, totally speechless*
ditto. i just read this story on a news site and didn't even want to post it here cuz i was so disturbed by it.

How drunk do you have to be on a regular basis to keep a bucket by the bed after you go out partying?

Makes you wonder if there are any friends or family who gave a crap about this poor baby.

I just read this story and it is made sickto my stomach. It's so horribly disgusting. And she didn't realize what happened to the baby until the next afternoon? The mother must have slept all day. Poor baby.. I hope the mother is held accountable. :doh:

Wow, I don't know what to say. I was hoping she was sick b/c I remember when my twins were 3 months old my husband and I had a stomach virus. My husband was in the hospital for dehydration and i was home sick with the babies. i out of nowhere became violently ill and had the horrifying realization that I was unable to care for my children, i recall putting them in the playpen by the bedand throwing up in their diaperpail. I called someone to come get them shrtly after that. I was hoping that was the case and not that she was a stupid drunken twit.

I read this earlier and did not want to read it all because of how sad and just flat out disturbing, this poor baby....:(

I couldnt bring myself to read it--
The "topic" was enough for me

Was she out partying the night before? I don't remember reading that.... IF she was... she should be punished far more than "up to 7 years".

mssheila said:
Was she out partying the night before? I don't remember reading that.... IF she was... she should be punished far more than "up to 7 years".
yes she had been out drinking the night before and came home and passed out with the baby in her bed

2sisters said:
yes she had been out drinking the night before and came home and passed out with the baby in her bed
While she was living in a group home for young mothers.

I heard the mom was being charged with Homicidal Neglect?

Don't these group homes have rules about drinking etc??

Amraann said:
Don't these group homes have rules about drinking etc??

You'd think so. On the report I heard they said she went out drinking - got someone there at the group home to babysit for her. She isn't even of legal drinking age at 18.

What a shame for the innocent little baby.

http://www.wftv.com/news/9914012/detail.html

NEW YORK -- A baby died after rolling off a bed and falling into a bucket of her teenage mother's vomit at a homeless shelter, police said.

The mother, Savarin DeJesus, 18, was charged with criminally negligent homicide and endangering the welfare of a child, and could get five years behind bars.

The young woman trembled and wept as she faced a judge Friday. "I loved my baby. I want you to know that," she said.

Authorities said DeJesus spent the evening of Sept. 15 downing gin and smoking cigarettes and then returned before dawn to the shelter where she lived with the 4-month old girl, Niah. DeJesus threw up into a bucket of cleaning solution next to her bed, then passed out on the bed, clutching Niah's legs, authorities said.

What a horrible way to die!

Beyond Belief said:
http://www.wftv.com/news/9914012/detail.html

NEW YORK -- A baby died after rolling off a bed and falling into a bucket of her teenage mother's vomit at a homeless shelter, police said.

The mother, Savarin DeJesus, 18, was charged with criminally negligent homicide and endangering the welfare of a child, and could get five years behind bars.

The young woman trembled and wept as she faced a judge Friday. "I loved my baby. I want you to know that," she said.

Authorities said DeJesus spent the evening of Sept. 15 downing gin and smoking cigarettes and then returned before dawn to the shelter where she lived with the 4-month old girl, Niah. DeJesus threw up into a bucket of cleaning solution next to her bed, then passed out on the bed, clutching Niah's legs, authorities said.
and i will guarantee everyone here--- she will sue the shelter for some type of negligence...and win :furious: :banghead: :furious: :banghead: :banghead: :furious: :banghead:

eta- who had the 4 month old while she was out "downing gin" ? guess the folks at the shelter were left to take care of the baby?

Hi Liz,:)
This is just horrifying.Her actions took the life of her own flesh and blood.
Since she was not old enough to drink,is the person or persons who provided the alcohol going to be charged?
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123