827 users online (108 members and 719 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Another e coli outbreak

This has happened before in Washington state from unpastureized fruit juice. i know organic food is all the rage now but don't risk your health just to be organic. Never drink anything unpatureized please.

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstime...s/001/?ID=3084

but organic and unpasteurized are 2 different things, entirely.

Probably, I don't know much about it but when they were discussing it this morning on the news the milk company though pastureizing was completley unnatural, jus tlike the juice company a few years back.

I believe there was a show done on this a while back. I saw it on the Discovery Health Channel. Maybe in light of the current e.coli outbreak they will repeat it soon. IIRC, the cause was deer in the orchard. I believe the show ran under Mystery Diagnosis or Diagnosis: Unknown.

What kind of fertilizer?

I have wondered what kind of fertilizer they use. Could it be cow manure? That could explain it if it is, but I really don't know. A lot of people use that in their yard and garden. I would think twice about using it in a garden after this, even if that isn't the cause in this case.

...exactly, 2sisters...whenver people take their...

...kids to an apple orchard or cider mill, please make sure the cider is pasteurized first. I also wash the apples I buy from the orchard with the soap that's meant for washing fruits and veggies...