PA - Alayiah Spellman, 17 mos, beaten to death, Philadelphia, 7 Sept 2006

I don't even know what to say...........

Sad case.Obviously has anger issues.I'm betting this guy is a long time drug user and has a history of abuse and violence.What a low life. Lock him up for ever.

More on this case

Read here

According to the article:

>>NBC 10 reporter Deanna Durante said a note on the door of the North Philadelphia row-home Monday night said not to judge Spellman because he would never hurt a child.<<

Huh?

Also according to the article:

>>"His confession was she pulled the cords in the game, the system is -- the box itself -- fell, and he was upset and then responsible for paying for the game, so he hit her in her face twice," Turman said, adding that Spellman also allegedly slung the child over a chair.<<

Oh...but he did hurt a child, he killed a child.

What has happened to the piece of **** that did this?

Hopefully now he will have loads of time to get really good at his video games - in jail.

It almost sounds like she's sticking by him? I got involved with a man who would never hurt anyone? Why are we women like this? Not me and certainly anyone here, but why do so MANY women feel that ANY man is better then NO man? They'll take beatings, they'll allow their children to be beaten or killed and yet they stay? How much does sexualizing our kids play into it too? You're only worthy if your beautiful and sexy etc. What a screwed up world we live in.

Malapoo I did not get that from the article at all.

To me it just sounded like she was shocked that someone whom she trusted did this. I did not see indication that she was defending him.
She is 8 months pregnant she may have gone to stay with family and one of his relatives could have put the note up.
I would almost think the stress of this would put the poor girl into labor.

You would be horrified at how many times the mother does stay with the abusive killer of her own children. I know I was, the Washington Post ran an indepth article on a prosecutor who specialized in child deaths.

I can't even bear to think about how hard that fist must have hit the poor toddler.

I am speechless on this. I read this the other day and could not even finish the article. :banghead:

The note must have been left by a relative of Spellman's. To me, the mother said that nothing could explain how you could kill your own child - so she's not going to stay with that man. That's how I read it.

Tyrone Spellman

On 1/29/2008, Spellman was found guilty of 3rd Degree Murder and Endangering the Welfare of a Child. He is housed at SCI Rockview. His record does not state the sentence he received. Several reports I have found state that his sentence was in excess of 20 years, but that is as close as I have been able to nail it down.

I really don't understand the 3rd degree murder or the 20-year sentence. Neither seems adequate to fit this crime. He punched this poor baby in the face and threw her around. He broke her skull and killed her. How is 20 year enough for that? Plus, with the way they get so much "good time" he is likely to be out in less than 10.

its like saying he didnt know his actions (beating her up and slinging her around) would kill her. what the heck

Tyrone Spellman

On 1/29/2008, Spellman was found guilty of 3rd Degree Murder and Endangering the Welfare of a Child. He is housed at SCI Rockview. His record does not state the sentence he received. Several reports I have found state that his sentence was in excess of 20 years, but that is as close as I have been able to nail it down.

http://cbs3.com/local/Tyrone.Spellman.Xbox.2.676702.html

March 13, 2008
PHILADELPHIA (AP)
A man who killed his 17-month-old daughter in a rage over a broken Xbox was sentenced Thursday to more than two decades in prison.

Tyrone Spellman, 27, of Philadelphia, killed Alayiah Turman with at least five blows to the head, prosecutors said. The force of the blows cracked the toddler's skull several times.

"I've been doing this 13 years, and this is one of the few cases that's ever left me at a loss for words," Assistant District Attorney James Berardinelli said. "There's never a good reason for this (murder), but this is just the pettiest of reasons."

A jury convicted Spellman of third-degree murder and child endangerment in January, and he was sentenced Thursday to the maximum 22 1/2 to 45 years in prison.

Alayiah was one of at least 20 children who died of abuse or neglect between 2003 and 2006 after coming to the attention of the city's Department of Human Services, according to an investigation by The Philadelphia Inquirer.

An autopsy showed that Alayiah had suffered a broken arm about two weeks before she died -- an injury that city social workers did not see on two visits to the house.

The city took custody of the couple's second daughter, born after Alayiah's death.

i would suggest mr berandellii view this website. he might never be able to speak again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back