Pray for the Missing ♥
Reaction score
Blanca Elisa Roberson

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: August 6, 1989 from Aransas Pass, Texas

Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Date Of Birth: January 12, 1976

Height and Weight: 5'0, 120 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair, brown eyes. Roberson has a scar on her right knee and a three-inch circular scar on her thigh. She was immature for her age and has a shy, retiring temperament at the time of her disappearance. She is a native of Nicaragua. Roberson goes by her middle name, Elisa. Her ears are pierced. She may be called "Elisa Roberson" by some agencies.

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A light blue Mickey Mouse t-shirt, dark blue culotte-style shorts, and tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Roberson was last seen walking to a friend's residence in Aransas Pass, Texas on August 6, 1989 between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. She never arrived at her destination, which was a block and a half from her home, and has not been heard from again. Roberson's mother notified police when she had not arrived home by 11:00 p.m. and an extensive search was launched but turned up no sign of her. Foul play is suspected in her case. An anonymous tipster sent a map to a Texas news station in June 2001. The letter purportedly contained the location of Roberson's body. Authorities searched the area near Aransas Pass, but no evidence related to her case was discovered. Human remains were found in Aransas County in March 2005 and authorities are investigating the possibility that they may be in Roberson's. Roberson's disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Aransas Pass Police Department
512-758-5224

OR

Texas Department Of Public Safety
800-346-3243

www.charleyproject.org

When you think of cold cases in the Coastal Bend it's hard to forget the face of 13-year-old Elisa Roberson. She vanished from Aransas Pass 17 years ago without a trace. 6 News took another look at the chilly trail. It's a case that still haunts Elisa's best friend to this day. For the first time she speaks about her tragic loss.

Roberson's youthful face still lights up the Aransas Pass Police Department, and her sixth grade picture is frozen in time on numerous national web sites. Sharla Yell remembers their fun times together.

"She'd come over and hang out all the time every day. Ride bikes, sit in my house and play Nintendo or Atari...the old games (laughs)," said Yell. She remembers that on August 6, 1989. Elisa was not herself.

http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=6041216

A national foundation is now offering a reward to help find someone who's been missing for the past 18 years in hopes of getting some clues to her whereabouts.

Elisa Roberson was 13 when she disappeared. During all this time all efforts to find her have been unsuccessful, the hope is, this new reward money could motivate someone to come forward with new information on the case.

Eighteen years ago today {article dated August 6, 2007}, Blanca Elisa Roberson was reported missing by her family. Since then, no reward has ever been offered to find her, but now a national foundation is doing that in hopes of finding her or her remains.

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/area3news/8954197.html

I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. Has there been any updates by law enforcement handling Elisa's case?

I am Elisa's sister and I would like to thank this website for keeping her memory alive. On behalf of myself and my family- thank you.

I remember linking the details of this case to Princess Blue's. Although evidence shows PB may not be hispanic, have we ruled out Blanca as a match?

I remember doing a careful search of Aransas Pass, and I don't think that's far from Brazoria county.

MG

Hi MrsG! Good to see you. I don't think she has been completely ruled out but Blanca was only 13 when she went missing and I do think that her age range is off from what Princess Blue would be.
--
Also, it would be great to find out Blanca's dentals as we now have Princess Blue's ME's report and it would be fairly easy to rule out Blanca if we could find out more about her teeth.

I remember linking the details of this case to Princess Blue's. Although evidence shows PB may not be hispanic, have we ruled out Blanca as a match?

I remember doing a careful search of Aransas Pass, and I don't think that's far from Brazoria county.

MG

I never heard of Princess Blue but I just looked her up- this was not Elisa. She is thought to be part African American and white either one parent or grandparent of the victim. ELisa was niether part African or caucasion her last name Roberson was my dad's name, he adopted her when she was a baby. The victim had six rings none of which belonged to Elisa.

rpm, When we first started trying to find out Princess Blue's identity Princess Blue was thought to be white/hispanic. That was when there was a possibility of Princess Blue being Elisa. It was only recently that it came out that Princess Blue was white & had the probability of having some african amercian traits and it was likely that one of her parents & we just wanted to make sure that Elisha had been completely ruled out as being Princess Blue. Thank you so much for posting here and it is good to know also that Elisa didn't have any of the rings that were found with Princess Blue. That is wonderful to know.

Rpm, I also remember researching as much as I could about your dear sister, Elisa. I hope and pray that she is one day found. Is there anything we can do to help you?

Lion

The Doe Network:
Case File 331DFTX

BRoberson.jpg
BRoberson1.jpg

Left: Roberson, circa 1989; Right: Age-progressed image of Roberson at age 26 (circa 2002)
Blanca Elisa Roberson
Missing since August 6, 1989 from Aransas Pass, San Patricio County, Texas.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: January 12, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Black hair; brown eyes. Originally from Nicaragua. She is immature for her age.
Marks, Scars: Roberson has a a three inch scar on her right knee.
Clothing: She was wearing a light blue Mickey Mouse t-shirt; dark blue shorts and tennis shoes.
Dentals: Available.
DNA: Available in CODIS.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Elisa Roberson was last seen walking to a friend's home at approximately 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM on August 6, 1989 in Aransas Pass, Texas. They were to meet halfway between their houses, which were about eight blocks apart. Elisa never arrived at the friend's home.
When she had failed to return home at 11.00 p.m., her mother called the police. A massive search was launched, involving volunteers, rescue teams, helicopter and bloodhounds, but they turned up no leads, or evidence. Elisa is described as being a very shy, retiring girl. She is believed to have been abducted.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Roberson's whereabouts, please contact:
Aransas Pass Police Department
Captain Roberto Gonzales
361-758-5224
Email Form
Or
Aransas Pass Crime Stoppers
512-758-8477
1-800-245-8477

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
NCMEC #: NCMC731626
NCIC Number: M-464573883
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
KRISTV 6 2/5/07
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse

I have a note here that states that Sgt. Jay Coffman ruled out Blanca Roberson as a possible match to "Princess Blue". I don't however have the reason why he ruled her out. She would probably be too young to be Princess Blue as Blanca was only 13 at the time of her disappearance and Princess Blue has been estimated to be between 15 - 25 years old. I also have information from Blanca's sister stating that Blanca didn't have any rings like the ones Princess Blue was found with.

Blanca's Sister Posted Here at Websleuths
rpm77
user_offline.gif

Princess Blue
I never heard of Princess Blue but I just looked her up- this was not Elisa. She is thought to be part African American and white either one parent or grandparent of the victim. ELisa was niether part African or caucasion her last name Roberson was my dad's name, he adopted her when she was a baby. The victim had six rings none of which belonged to Elisa.

http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10841487&nav=menu192_2_6_4

4 Aug 09

The sister of a missing Aransas Pass girl is in town for a memorial that marks the 20th anniversary of her sister's disappearance.

Elisa Roberson, 13, vanished without a trace on August 6, 1989 while she was on her way to meet a friend at Kieberger Elementary.

Little information on her whereabouts has come into the Aransas Pass Police Department and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children. In May of this year, investigators said they were on the trail of a person of interest.

While investigators hammer out those leads, Elisa's family hopes to find some closure this week.

Her sister is in town for a memorial marking the 20th anniversary of Elisa's disappearance. She said it's time to give her sister the memorial she deserves.

Ruby Messerli hasn't been back to her hometown in 17 years and her first day back was overwhelming, to say the least.

more at link

I moved to Ingleside/Aransas Pass a few months after Elisa went missing. I still look at her photo everytime I go in the Walmart and wonder. I can't believe it's been over 20 years and still nothing.

Was Texas Equasearch or any thorough search ever done? The area is full of brush.

I would like for her sister to send me a message. I have some questions. Thanks in advance. Ocean

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/731626/1
Blanca's photo is shown age-progressed to 35 years. She was en route to a friend's house between 4:30-5 p.m. and has not been seen since. She was wearing a light blue Mickey Mouse T-shirt and blue shorts. Blanca has a scar on her right knee. Blanca has a scar on her left thigh.
NCMC731626c1.jpgNCMC731626e1.jpg
Blanca has been missing for 25 years today.

I came across this story today and I was looking at some other information, I dont know if this will help or has been ruled out but I found (https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/9775) A case report that could have ties to Blanca's story, Doesn't appear that they found much. They did find it about a year before that "map" caller sent information to that news station though and I couldn't find a single news story about this case report. Maybe just a hunch of mine but she somewhat matches with the information they have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back