Identified! GA - Millen, AsianFem 113UFGA, 16-22, in suitcase in dumpster, Feb'88 - Chong Un Kim

lostwithoutyou

Pray for the Missing ♥
Reaction score
UNIDENTIFIED BODY - JENKINS COUNTY

Race: Asian
Sex: Female
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Weight: 140
Height: 5' 5"
Date found: February 14, 1988
Location: Old Perkins Road & Kaiser Road in Millen, GA, Jenkins County

Bobby Womack, Jenkins County Sheriff's Office at 912-982-4211 [/LEFT]

Narrative:

On Sunday afternoon, February 14, 1988, the victim, wrapped with plastic and duct tape, was found inside a large, nylon suitcase that had been placed in a dumpster just north of Millen in Jenkins County. The victim had been dead approximately four to seven days. Cause of death was asphyxiation. She had long, dark hair, and her upper teeth were crooked. Bedding items were found with the victim. Possibly of Asian or Asian/Caucasian descent.

http://www.ganet.org/gbi/uid/JenkinCty.html

to me she looks like she could of Pacific Island descent..... Tongan maybe?

I had heard from someone from Millen, that she was actually Hispanic instead of Asian. In the sketch though, she looks more Asian.

to me she looks like she could of Pacific Island descent..... Tongan maybe?

Don't Tongans tend to have curly hair? And black hair not brown. When I think Asian/Hispanic I think Peru, Chile . . . maybe even Filipino or Indonesian.

not necessarily carbuff. could have been killed in a motel.

My first impression was that she could have been brought over from another country in a "mail order bride" sort of scenario...possibly by an older man with means, a creepy and controlling type who thinks women from other countries will be more malleable and subservient because they don't have any other resources or connections in America.

Maybe she did something unfathomable to him - like assert her independence or try to get a job - and he killed her.

The fact that she was killed so close to Valentine's Day also makes me think there was a romantic/sexual relationship of some kind going on.

I wonder which business/residence she was found at, or closest to. There is no "Kaiser Rd." in or near Millen, at least not according to Google Maps...and "Old Perkins" goes on forever, so the place could be anywhere.

I'm no psychic, but I get a very strong impression that the murderer, at least, is/was local to that area. I don't know why(and am unfamiliar with Millen), but it just seems to me like he would be.

i tend to agree. kaiser road is now bypass according to an above post.

My first impression was that she could have been brought over from another country in a "mail order bride" sort of scenario...possibly by an older man with means, a creepy and controlling type who thinks women from other countries will be more malleable and subservient because they don't have any other resources or connections in America.

Maybe she did something unfathomable to him - like assert her independence or try to get a job - and he killed her.

The fact that she was killed so close to Valentine's Day also makes me think there was a romantic/sexual relationship of some kind going on.

I wonder which business/residence she was found at, or closest to. There is no "Kaiser Rd." in or near Millen, at least not according to Google Maps...and "Old Perkins" goes on forever, so the place could be anywhere.

I'm no psychic, but I get a very strong impression that the murderer, at least, is/was local to that area. I don't know why(and am unfamiliar with Millen), but it just seems to me like he would be.

This could be an artifact of how the computer composite was created, but she looks like a dead ringer for a Chinese friend of mine in high school. There's a blog post called "Average faces of nationalities" that displays composited faces and the Taiwanese face looks the closest. (Go ahead and web search it--not sure if the link would violate TOS here.) I also googled Han Chinese names on Google images and found faces that look similar. This individual is either Chinese (not mixed, btw) or the artist is leading us down the primrose path.

If the composite is at all accurate then I don't think this individual is listed in any of the obvious places.

This case is really bothering me. Just going by height, weight, age, and composite, I am building a picture of a Taiwanese-American college student with either a visa or a green card attending college in Georgia, possibly state school or community college with hopes of transferring to a better school such as Georgia Tech.

Near Millen are two towns with a number of schools, Swainsboro and Statesboro. East Georgia State College in Swainsboro looks like a great candidate. This year according to their academic calendar the midterm exams occurred during the time frame that she was killed. I believe they are advertised as a step up school to get into a more elite state school after two years.

I wonder how one would start looking for college students who vanished in 1988. I also wonder if the lead investigator has looked for visa overstays.

Note that long distance calls were very expensive in the 80s and overseas calls were prohibitive, so letters were the medium of choice. Thus, her family if they were outside of Georgia or even overseas might not have been aware of exactly when she disappeared.

It bothers me too! She was so young and it was on Valentines Day ugh. I bet it was a guy who she had a relationship with and they were fighting leading up to Valentines. although it says she died like 7 days before so it could just be a coincidence.
Surely they would look into all the schools around the area.
If not id say maybe tourist or like someone else suggested mail order bride.

Here's the old sketch and the new reconstruction; click to enlarge. They have quite a few features in common: full lower lip, rather scoopy nose, long rather wild dark hair, cheekbones not very well defined, eyes with a somewhat Asian look. The new reconstruction makes her look younger and possibly slightly heavier than the old one.

The way the hair is tumbled and tangled makes me wonder whether it was originally piled up on her head before it came undone.

Attachments

• millen GA UID two recons.png
    millen GA UID two recons.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 113

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members