GUILTY FL - Jasmine Chambers, 13 mos, beaten to death, New Port Richey, 21 Sept 2006

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
NEW PORT RICHEY - Pasco County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Jeremiah James Kirkpatrick, 24. He is being charged with first degree murder of a 13-month-old girl.

The 13-month-old was transported to North Bay Hospital from 8548 Grave Avenue in New Port Richey at 6:15 p.m. Thursday. She was pronounced dead at 8 that night.

The Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy on the victim on Friday, advising that she had severe multiple blunt trauma injuries to the head, and trauma to her bladder and right kidney, according to a Pasco County Sheriff’s Office release. The cause of death was brain hemorrhage, according to the release.

The Pasco Sheriff’s Office said a taped, controlled phone call was conduced Saturday in which Kirkpatrick admitted to striking the child multiple times on top of her head, throwing the child on the couch, squeezing the child and dropping the child once in the bathtub.
http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/newswire/comments/arrest_made_in_murder_of_13_month_old_pasco_girl/

I'm against vigilante justice....BUT I think once the creeps have admitted their guilt or been proven guilty....

Actually, I don't think there is a hole deep enough or a jail safe enough to hold them once the law-abiding public gets fed up. I'm at that point.

I'm just wondering about the mother of this baby. Why would she ever let her baby be alone with this . She HAD to have known he had violent tendancies and probably had a dislike for children.. Audacious!!

Scandi

0692319292_kirkpatrick.jpg

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=40224

He was the mom's fiance. What a man. :furious: I sure hope the mom wasn't around when this happened.

The innocent baby's name was Jasmine Chambers. :(

Some info on little Jasmine:

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/24/Pasco/Boyfriend_is_charged_.shtml

snip
Jasmine Chambers had four teeth and ice-blue eyes and golden curls. She rattled pots and pans. She kissed the dog's wet nose. When she said bye-bye, she waved with tiny fingers.
Jasmine's mother had a boyfriend. She went to work on Thursday, leaving Jasmine alone with him for the first time. Jasmine was 13 months old. She died that night from a brain hemorrhage.

snip
I just snapped and beat the s--- out of her," he said, according to his arrest report, which also says he admitted squeezing her until she stopped breathing.
On Saturday a judge ordered Kirkpatrick held in the Pasco County Jail without bail. If found guilty, he could be executed.

Jasmine's mother can't wait.

"He deserves the chair," said April Chambers, 19. "I want to see sparks come out of his eyes."

snip
Kirkpatrick had been arrested in January on a charge of cruelty to a child. But Chambers says Kirkpatrick told her he'd been blamed for his former girlfriend's transgressions, and state records show the charge was dropped in March.

She let him move into the house she shared with her mother and stepfather.

He seemed to like Jasmine. He sometimes watched her when Chambers' parents were nearby. But the baby was suspicious. She screamed when he walked in the room. :( :mad:

IdahoMom said:
But the baby was suspicious. She screamed when he walked in the room. :( :mad:
And yet three grown people didn't see that as a problem? How very sad. That baby knew he was mean, but no one else noticed. Bless her.

And her screaming, instead of warning the mother, only led to her death--

Poor little baby.

He beat the *** out of a baby. I hope someone beats it out him, and not a minute too soon.

Any updates on this case? The Hannah Mack thread reminded me of this one...

I've looked and see nothing after 9/2006.

I can't find anything past the arrest by doing Google searches. He must not have come up for trial yet.

Sick piece of garbage. I think some mothers are so naive to think that everyone loves thier children as they do. The baby screamed every time he came in the room, hello that means something. I work with a woman whose son has a girlfriend with a baby. She leaves the baby with him when she goes to work and then he takes the baby to his mom when he goes to work. They have only been dating a few months. Luckily I know his mom is very nice and takes care of all her grandkids and she takes good care of this baby but what if she didn't what if he didn't. I could never leave my baby with people I just met.

When sick SOB's admit to beating children - whether it results in their death or not they should be sent to the chair.

I'm not usually for the DP, but when a perp ADMITS to things like this - kill the b@st@rd!!!

People should pay more attention to the reactions of their children and pets. They perceive the truth about these bastards. It could have saved this little girl's life --she couldn't talk but she was trying to tell them he was dangerous!

And this is a "mental health technician" ? What the hell is that?

People should pay more attention to the reactions of their children and pets. They perceive the truth about these bastards. It could have saved this little girl's life --she couldn't talk but she was trying to tell them he was dangerous!

I wondered that too.

I seriously doubt that this sweet baby screamed when he came into the room because she was "suspicious". She was only 13 months old! She obviously was afraid of him and had good reason for it, her screaming when she saw him was her way of telling on him! GRRRRR

When will people put the needs of their child first!!???!!! He may have seemed like a great guy but the screaming should've been a HUGE red flag!

Hell, I'm so paranoid now after reading here all my friends say I'm anal! I don't care, better anal than sorry! LOL

I agree with the above comment, a single woman with a baby has no business looking for a boyfriend. Lots of men do not want to get involved with women with kids and when they do, many fail to bond with the kids and take their anger and frustration out on them.

I am a step-parent and I know that it is not easy. I never dated guys with kids until I met my husband.

It seems like the more you love someone, the less you like their kids.

I am starting training in a few weeks with CASA and I am really going to pay extra close attention to a case with a boyfriend or stepdad in the house. Of couse I have already been told that many of the cases involve single mothers who do not even know who their baby's daddies are. I am sure some of these women have a creepy boyfriend around.

It is probably something like he was an aid at a mental health facility such as at state mental hospital. IMO if he was, he would have been the type that would have been abusive to the patients there also.

VB

Why would this young lady think that a man she met in a strip joint would be a great guy to bring home? And why did her parents let this man move in with them? AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! The stupidity of some people drives me crazy!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back