FL FL - Danny Rolling, Gainesville Ripper, 8 known victims LA/FL 1989-90

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JEB BUSH, as Governor of the State of Florida and pursuant to the authority and responsibility vested in me by the Constitution and Laws of Florida, do hereby issue this warrant directing the Warden of the Florida State Prison to cause the sentence of death to be executed upon DANNY HAROLD ROLLING, in accordance with the provisions of the laws of the State of Florida.

http://www.wcjb.com/news.asp?id=14201

DEATH WARRANT

WHEREAS, DANNY HAROLD ROLLING, did on the 24th day of August, 1990, murder Sonya Larson; and

WHEREAS, DANNY HAROLD ROLLING, did on the 24th day of August, 1990, murder Christina Powell; and

WHEREAS, DANNY HAROLD ROLLING, did on the 25th day of August, 1990, murder Christa Hoyt; and

WHEREAS, DANNY HAROLD ROLLING, did on the 27th day of August, 1990, murder Manny Taboada; and

WHEREAS, DANNY HAROLD ROLLING, did on the 27th day of August, 1990, murder Tracy Paules; and

WHEREAS, DANNY HAROLD ROLLING, did on the 15th day of February, 1994, enter a plea of guilty to five counts of First Degree Murder; and

WHEREAS, DANNY HAROLD ROLLING, on the 20th day of April, 1994, was sentenced to death for the murder of victim Sonya Larson; and

WHEREAS, DANNY HAROLD ROLLING, on the 20th day of April, 1994, was sentenced to death for the murder of victim Christina Powell; and

AND MORE AT LINK :(

It has been 16 years since these grisly murders. Those young people would probably gotten married and had children of their own...if they were able. Rolling took their lives...it is time for him.

Rolling Execution Date Set
9/22/2006

Serial killer Danny Rolling will be executed October 25th at 6 PM by lethal injection. Rolling was responsible for the murder of five Gainesville-area college students in 1990. On February 15th, 1994, Rolling admitted his guilt:

"Your honor, I've been running from first one thing then another all my life, whether it be from home or the law, but this being one of those things you just can't run from."

Governor Jeb Bush signed the death warrant Friday afternoon. The governor's office had been waiting on the U.S. Supreme Court decision in the execution of Clarence Hill before signing any more warrants. The high court refused to delay that execution. Hill died by lethal injection on Wednesday

I used to think the death penalty was wrong and it sure doesn't bring back the dead, but I'm to the point now where there's just too much evil and too many of then get out. Plus it helps control prison over crowding!

Is this the guy that broke into one of his victims house, cut off her head and placed it on a book shelf to shock whoever discovered it?

My taxes have paid for this monster far too long - however - I do enjoy the fact that Jeb's name is the one on the dotted line! I have a very good feeling that had we not had all of those pesky little matters concerning our Death Penalty and how it is applied......Gov Bush would have signed far more than this particular one.

detecto said:
Is this the guy that broke into one of his victims house, cut off her head and placed it on a book shelf to shock whoever discovered it?
Excuse me??? Oh my gosh. Yeah, that would provide shock value alright, and a lifetime supply of nightmares, prescriptions for nerve pills and trips to the psychiatrists office. Did he give a reason for this behavior, not there could ever be a good one.

I think there's a book on the "Gainesville killings". I remember when that was going on. I was scared to death.

s_finch----a reason for his behavior? I read the true crime book on this animal---Danny Rollings was hated the day he was born by his father---his father never wanted anything to do with him,and beat him countless times--perhaps enough beatings to cause pre-fontal lobe brain damage?--pre-fontal brain governs empathy and imulsiveness---the family was from Mississippi, I think--the father was a cop--Rollings was not only beaten himself but witnessed his mother being beaten also---Finally,Rollings could not stand it anymore and shot his father in the face,his father survived with scars and permanent deafness in one ear--Rollings fled to Florida,lived like an animal in the central florida woods for a long time---his reasons for breaking into the dorm rooms and viciouslykilling the students are unclear--some have speculated that the 30 yr old Rollings saw the lives of these students,with their promising futures,as something he never had chance to do himself,and the lower-middle class Rollings developed a seething poisonous envy towards the students--at any rate,speculation must end and justice carried out for the poor families--this human monster's time on earth is up,time to send him to hell

Peter Hamilton said:
s_finch----a reason for his behavior? I read the true crime book on this animal---Danny Rollings was hated the day he was born by his father---his father never wanted anything to do with him,and beat him countless times--perhaps enough beatings to cause pre-fontal lobe brain damage?--pre-fontal brain governs empathy and imulsiveness---the family was from Mississippi, I think--the father was a cop--Rollings was not only beaten himself but witnessed his mother being beaten also---Finally,Rollings could not stand it anymore and shot his father in the face,his father survived with scars and permanent deafness in one ear--Rollings fled to Florida,lived like an animal in the central florida woods for a long time---his reasons for breaking into the dorm rooms and viciouslykilling the students are unclear--some have speculated that the 30 yr old Rollings saw the lives of these students,with their promising futures,as something he never had chance to do himself,and the lower-middle class Rollings developed a seething poisonous envy towards the students--at any rate,speculation must end and justice carried out for the poor families--this human monster's time on earth is up,time to send him to hell
I believe he did damage in Louisiana too. My memory is hazy on that though but he may have been from Louisiana.

Peter Hamilton said:
THanks for the information. I guess I didn't phrase my post correctly. I never believe that there is an acceptable "reason" why these people do what they do, I guess I wondering what Rollings take on it was/and or his personal history, which you have now provided. Thank you.

Not that it matters, but Abnormal Psychology has always fascinated me and in reading forensic psychology books I'm struck by the very abnormal ways in which their brains do function. I've read a book before (forget the name) about CT scans done on violent offenders and that often their frontal lobes show signs of trauma. Not surprising that this would also be the case with Rollings.

I do believe in the death penalty for these people, but at the same time I continue to be intrigued with how the wiring and chemistry in the brain can become so warped that it turns men into a Rollings, a Bundy, a Peewee Gaskins, etc... It's a 3 pound part of the human body, but yet look at the horror and tragedy that comes from the actions of an criminal brain.

I have heard also that the frontal lobe of the brain is much smaller in violent criminals.

The environmental influences are very real, and I suppose beating the head could disturb this part of the brain, but it has to boil down to 'do you want this person living among the regular population' even though his story is a sad one.

It is awful to see this, a child of parental abuse, but what helps me is knowing that Danny could have had the perpensity towards violence before he was abused.

Scandi

s_finch--nice post---I see you mentioned PeeWee---the book The Final Truth was an absolutey unforgettable and harrowing account of this guy who kept picking up stranded women motorists and then killing them--could have been dozens he murdered--a unique book,as it is a total and complete confession in his own words,including his violent upbringing in orphanages,--perhaps manic-depressive as Bundy may have been--finally executed for killing another death row inmate

Peter Hamilton said:
s_finch--nice post---I see you mentioned PeeWee---the book The Final Truth was an absolutey unforgettable and harrowing account of this guy who kept picking up stranded women motorists and then killing them--could have been dozens he murdered--a unique book,as it is a total and complete confession in his own words,including his violent upbringing in orphanages,--perhaps manic-depressive as Bundy may have been--finally executed for killing another death row inmate
Yes, I've read Final Truth. Quite the horror story, but a real one. Now having read Mindhunter and another book by Douglas, I actually "understand" some of Gaskins actions, specifically why he raped the toddler after killing the mother. I would guess the "high" he got from the power of the murder of the mom (who by the way had known him for some time and thought of him as a friend) turned him on.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: I have waited along time for thiDAY. This piece of trash has breathed OUR air way too long in my opinion.I have followed this crime story for years. this is great to , for ME anyway. Ido intend to celebrate next wensday. I made a promise to myself years ago Iwould and will.this thing devastated so many peaple;s lives and it makes happy to know thing is afraid is to die dieing. I love it ,I love it.Let this garbage sing now.:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

detecto yes one & the same. this thing was allowed tp get married.CAN YOU BELIEVE it.evil is is thing.He also tride to kill his father who was retired policeman.:woohoo:

peepers20056 said:
detecto yes one & the same. this thing was allowed tp get married.CAN YOU BELIEVE it.evil is is thing.He also tride to kill his father who was retired policeman.:woohoo:
The father apparently hated this boy's gets from the minute he was born and beat him and his mother relentlessly. Do you think that maybe the father perhaps reaped what he sowed? Certainly the father's brutality was a factor in the warped devlopment of this person. He's not evil. He's just another unloved, unwanted child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back