760 users online (105 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Ronald Whigman, 1, crushed to death in domestic spat, 24 Sept 2006

(AP) CONCORD A 15-month-old boy was crushed to death after his mother and uncle reportedly fell on top of him during a heated fight, authorities said Monday.

Ronald Whigman was fatally injured outside the Stoneridge apartment complex during the fight between the two adults, which began around 8:30 p.m. Sunday, according to Concord police and the Contra Costa County coroner's office.

Police arrested the boy's uncle, Michael Newton, 28, on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter, willful cruelty to a child and inflicting injury to a child. He was being held Monday on $185,000 bail.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...ed-2469160.php
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 09-19-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: fixed link

This is absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    This is absolutely horrible.
    Yep, and these two were adults...The poor kid was crushed to death. I wonder how big you have to be to crush a 15 month old child to death. Did the idiots not relize that the had fallen on somebody?

I've been thinking about this. Maybe this was some cosmic way of sparing the kid from suffering a worse fate.

I've been thinking about this. Maybe this was some cosmic way of sparing the kid from suffering a worse fate.
    Like what? Getting crushed to death ranks right up there when it comes to bad things happening....HE DIED.... IMO, there is no worse fate. His life ended before it even really began. Poor little guy.

What do you mean?

Julianne, This was a horrible thing, but I could not help but laugh until I got teary when I read your reply. Not that it was funny, but it sounded EXACTLY like something I would say......

Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    Like what? Getting crushed to death ranks right up there when it comes to bad things happening....HE DIED.... IMO, there is no worse fate. His life ended before it even really began. Poor little guy.

Paladin, in all fairness I must defend your position here as well. In my youth, we had a mother come to speak at our church. Her son was diagnosed with cancer at a very young age. She begged God to please heal him and let him live. Long story short, he went on to murder several people and was sent to the "chair". Her testimony was about being careful what you pray for and she told us that she wished she had prayed for God to take her son when he was sick because it would have spared many families alot of pain.

God does have a reason for everything that happens as hard as it is for us to see now.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    I understand what you mean. ie. growing up with unattentive parents, abuse, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy
    I understand what you mean. ie. growing up with unattentive parents, abuse, etc.
    That is what I meant pretty much. Thanks for understanding.

I didn't mean horrible fate in the way he died...but there was always the potential that he could have suffered in this life a long while before he died, and being 15 months old the poor little guy probably had no indication of what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by spclk
    Paladin, in all fairness I must defend your position here as well. In my youth, we had a mother come to speak at our church. Her son was diagnosed with cancer at a very young age. She begged God to please heal him and let him live. Long story short, he went on to murder several people and was sent to the "chair". Her testimony was about being careful what you pray for and she told us that she wished she had prayed for God to take her son when he was sick because it would have spared many families alot of pain.

God does have a reason for everything that happens as hard as it is for us to see now.
    I understand the jest of her testimony, however, why in the world would you not pray for your child's healing of cancer. God does not instill evil in people, so the reason he went on to murder is from Hell itself.

I had a similar thought - with relatives like this that kid might have been in for a lot more pain and suffering before being killed in an even more traumatic way!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

This is a tad off topic ....

But I have to ask.. Many of you are religious... Believe in a grander place after death right??

So why is death bad? It is a loss for those living but for those gone especially innocent children isn't it a gift for them??

I am not religious but I would like some clearification about the view points on this.
    According to all religions isn't death a place better then earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann

But I have to ask.. Many of you are religious... Believe in a grander place after death right??

So why is death bad? It is a loss for those living but for those gone especially innocent children isn't it a gift for them??

I am not religious but I would like some clearification about the view points on this.
    Wow, that's a deep question.

I am not religious either, at all, however I am very spiritual. I don't see it as a gift (children dying so young) because they are deprived of living a rich, full life, sharing their lives with their significant others, creating and maintaining wonderful relationships with others, having their own children and grandchildren. I believe these are some of the very reasons we are born to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann

I don't believe we die, so I can't comment on death being better. Our souls are eternal. There's no need to fear death because there is no death. Our bodies can die, but our bodies are shells. Our bodies are not who we are. I believe the time we spend on planet earth in our bodies is just a blip on the radar of our existence.

I believe we go somewhere when our bodies die, but not Heaven or Hell. I believe Heaven and Hell are personal and present. Every decision we make takes us closer to one or the other. I think the decisions we make during the course of our eternal existence influence how our existence turns out - the concept of karma. Life is fair and just - we just don't alwasy see it becaue our perspective here is so limited.

Just my opinions based on my spiritual beliefs.

I don't consider death bad - it's just another frontier on the journey.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast