3-year-old boy buys pink Nissan on eBay

Gina_M

Reaction score
Website
www.findmywayhome.org
3-year-old boy buys pink Nissan on eBay

LONDON - Three-year-old Jack Neal loves cars: so much so, that while his mother's back was turned he bought a Barbie-pink Nissan Figaro for nearly $16,000 on eBay.

"Jack jumped on the chair, (went) straight in, found the page and bought the car." Unable to read, the youngster likely used the "buy it now" option to make the purchase.

More at link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060926/ap_on_fe_st/britain_baby_buys_car

I read this story this morning.......

I thought it was kind of cute, typical of what kids are capable of, and the owner was so good natured about it.....

I can see this happening...lol!

...maybe he actually kind of read the phrase "Buy it Now"....not entirely out of the question... :)

That was written exactly like something you'd see on The Onion. Hilarious.

cappuccina said:
...maybe he actually kind of read the phrase "Buy it Now"....not entirely out of the question... :)

I think he is one smart lil cookie. My 2nd son could read at three, and I would not be shocked to find out this little guy could read "buy it now!"

I hope Jack's parents are prepared for him to one day come out of the closet. He sounds absolutely adorable!

I understand how the 3 yr old could click the "Buy it Now" option, but he would have also had to click it again to confirm it and then he would have to type a password. The times I've bought something w/ "Buy it Now" on ebay, once you click "BIN", you're again asked to confirm it. Then you are taken to the Paypal screen where you have to type in your password and then click again to send payment. I don't think the 3 yr old did this. I think maybe the mom bought the car on impulse and then regretted that she just bought a $16,0000 car and didn't know how to get out of it.

Just my opinion . . . . .

I don't think he paid for the car-just clicked the BIN button and the Confirm BIN button. Sounds like mom thought she logged off but didn't and so he didn't have to enter a password.

I'll have to be vigilent with my ebay account and my 2 year old-lol-I never thought of her being able to do that but she loves to play on my computer and use the mouse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back