Missing "runaways"

Roy Harrold

Reaction score
It seems probable to me that many children, especially teens, have gone missing over the years and were "written off" as runaways - case closed, files discarded...

Particularly from the 1950's and 1960's. I just don't believe that all the youths classified as "runaways" were adequately accounted for. I don't believe that the cold case file systems we have access to, such as Doe & Charley, contain files on all the youths who went missing and were never heard from again.

If anyone knows of missing child or teen cases (let's say up to age 19 when last heard from) that they believe "fell through the cracks" of the system - from personal experience, or through some kind of media report, or from missing persons forums, could you please post about that in this thread? I'm trying to build a data base for such cases.

Thanks!

Roy Harrold said:
It seems probable to me that many children, especially teens, have gone missing over the years and were "written off" as runaways - case closed, files discarded...

Particularly from the 1950's and 1960's. I just don't believe that all the youths classified as "runaways" were adequately accounted for. I don't believe that the cold case file systems we have access to, such as Doe & Charley, contain files on all the youths who went missing and were never heard from again.

If anyone knows of missing child or teen cases (let's say up to age 19 when last heard from) that they believe "fell through the cracks" of the system - from personal experience, or through some kind of media report, or from missing persons forums, could you please post about that in this thread? I'm trying to build a data base for such cases.

Thanks!
Roy,

Have you contacted any of the organizations that sponsor missing persons sites? They may have access to the cases from the 50s and 60s, even the 70s. It would be interesting to see how many of those "runaways" are now adults and don't even know they are "missing".

barry

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back