TX TX - Michelle Prasek, 12, Spring, 19 Dec 1997

missacorah

Reaction score
Michelle was last seen by her mother on December 19th 1997 before she left for school.Its thought she did get to school that day but did not attend classes.

The next day she was reported missing but police have stated that her mother and live in boyfriend have since not been as cooperative as they would have liked.

She was a bright child with no history of running away - she had been looking forward to spending her Christmas holidays with her real father.Its thought Michelle took a patchwork quilt with her and a cuddly cat.

Police said 3 people close to Michelle were asked to take a lie detector test. One took it and passed, one refused to take it and the third took it and showed deception. Its thought that her mum refused, the boyfriend failed and real father passed.

What on earth happened to her? Even if she did run away surely she couldnt have lsted this long! Photo at this link.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1922dftx.html

A post made by Michelles mother in 2005 on this site!

http://talk.theknot.com/BOARDS/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3384602

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5797670.html

May 22, 2008, 11:42PM

...Prasek, whose daughter disappeared the day before Christmas break, said parents need to stress how important it is for their children to inform them about where they are going and when they will be home.

Michelle had asked to spend the night at a friend's house that morning, but Prasek said she didn't give her an answer. When Michelle didn't come home from school, Prasek said she assumed Michelle was at the friend's house. She contacted police the next day when she learned otherwise.

Montgomery County sheriff's Detective Thomas Duroy, who is investigating Michelle's case, said there have never been any solid suspects. However, Prasek's live-in boyfriend at the time has always been a person of interest in the case, he said...

8ap8.jpg
gtpk.jpg

Michelle Prasek at time of disappearance, and a 2006 age progressed photo

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Case No. R9806003

NamUs MP 6541

DNA Sample submitted - Tests complete
No fingerprints or dental chart at this time

CrimePAY$ $1,000 Reward TipLine 1-888-755-TIPS (8477)
“Over the years, we’ve had dozens of leads, including possible sightings in other years, but nothing inclusive,” he said. “It’s a case that always stays close to our desks.”
There is a $1,000 reward for information about this case.
In this case, the FBI, the Texas Rangers and the Texas Department of Public Safety’s Special Crimes have been “heavily involved” in the search for Michelle Prasek.
Charley Project - Michelle Lois Prasek
Beth and her two daughters resided with Seguin in The Woodlands in 1997. Seguin apparently departed the residence for work at approximately 6:30 a.m. on December 19, which was his normal routine. Beth said that she left at 7:30 a.m. to drive Michelle's sister to school. Her mother stated that Michelle was in good spirits at the time. That was the last confirmed sighting of Michelle. Beth said that Michelle asked to spend the night at a friend's residence the day she disappeared. Her mother asked her to learn more about the friend's family and their home before she consented. Beth said that she assumed Michelle was at her friend's house when she did not return from school on December 19. Beth called Richard the following morning and asked what he believed she should do next. Richard told authorities that he was surprised Beth did not summon law enforcement immediately after realizing that their eldest daughter had disappeared. Beth called investigators at approximately 12:30 p.m. on December 18.

This case is local for me. It has always bothered me. The fact that the live-in boyfriend of the mother, Marc Seguin, is a registered sex offender in Jeff Davis County as of 2005 for indecency with a child (age 7) is a red flag if you ask me. Compounded by the Dad saying that Michelle was upset that Seguin was moving in with her and her mother and little sister. Montgomery County needs to take another look at this case with fresh eyes. No answers in 17 years, not one clue??
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t8950.htm

Looks like Mum had her suspicions about boyf too :(

<modsnip>

Beth will say very little about Seguin, other than, "I think they need to have him as a person of interest," she said. "They need to consider all possibilities. I consider all possibilities; I try to keep an open mind.
"I think the police are doing a good job."
In fact, Beth hasn't hired a private detective.

More here
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/arch...aea-d915-519e-86ea-d3bc6d99d1ef.html?mode=jqm

I'd like to ask other Websleuthers to refresh their knowledge on Michelle and keep her in your mind as you do your research. I grew up less than 3 miles away from where she went missing and hung out regularly with people in her neighborhood. Only recently did I make the connection that a crime that happened to me in the 90's when I was a young teen could have been related to what happened to her. I have spoken with LE, they know the details and I feel confident they have not let her case fall by the wayside. We are lucky to have a cold case unit here and I know she is important to them.

Still, Michelle is missing and no one knows what has happened. Although she was just 5 years younger than me, I now have a mamma bear attitude when it comes to her case. I desperately want to find justice for Michelle and I can't imagine ever giving up on her.

Please keep her in your thoughts as you sleuth on other cases. I'd also be interested in anyone's insight or input on what they think might help in trying to find her.

Thank you!

wonder

18 years today, Michelle, but you are not forgotten. We are still searching and won't give up.

There is word that skeletal remains were just found about 2 miles from where Michelle went missing. While the area is populated now, it would have been the woods behind her neighborhood in 97. Only minimal details have been released so no info that would lead to her or away from her yet.

Today the only news I've seen is that only a skull was found, with at least a year of decomposition. The houston ME anthropology team has the remains. The news said it could take months to identify. I hope it doesn't take that long for the sake of families. There are a number of missing people from within a 25 mile radius. Michelle's LKA location is by far the closest though. Looking at the map it's literally a straight shot behind her street, about 2 miles terrain.

I was looking for some msm about the skeletal remains found in Spring, and found this so far (very short article) with more information about the specific location:

Crews find skeletal remains in Spring
By Alex Green- Content Editor
Posted: 2:17 PM, December 30, 2015

Snip..."found skeletal remains in Spring"..
Snip..."crews began looking for body parts Thursday afternoon around Creekside Forest and Gosling Road."

http://www.click2houston.com/news/crews-searching-for-human-remains-in-spring

Eta: image at link, having trouble posting it.

"The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Wednesday stumbled on months-old skeletal remains on the Harris County side of the Spring Creek Greenway.

The deputies were patrolling the area as part of a task force discouraging drivers of four-wheeler off-road vehicles in the area when they found the remains, according to Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesman Thomas Gilliland. The creek forms the divide between the two counties."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Skeletal-remains-found-in-Spring-6728727.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back