1011 users online (176 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

IA - Paul Shuman-Moore, 19, Grinnell, 25 Sept 2006

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pb.../60927009/1001

Law enforcement officials searching for a missing Grinnell College sophomore said Wednesday Paul Shuman-Moore was despondent shortly before he disappeared sometime Monday.

Shuman-Moore, 19, of Chicago, was last seen around 1:20 a.m. Monday on the Grinnell College campus, said Grinnell police chief Jody Matherly. He was reported missing to the police Monday night after no one had seen or heard from him all day....

<snip>

Shuman-Moore is 5-foot 7-inches, and weighs 138 pounds. He has medium length brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a green t-shirt, a light-colored plaid shirt, pants, and white sneakers.

Kate Worster-Foster, director of communications for Grinnell College, said the school is very concerned for Shuman-Moore’s safety and encourages anyone with information about his whereabouts to immediately contact the Grinnell Police Department at (641) 236-2650 or Grinnell Campus Security at (641) 269-4600

(There's a very good photo of him at the link.)

I hope he just needed to get away from the pressure of life for a little bit. Prayers for his friends and family.
    Someone, Somewhere, Knows Something...Help Bring The Missing Home

Today is day three of the search for Paul. I hope he thought his plans over and decided not to commit suicide. What a handsom young man with a full life ahead of him. I can't imagine the pain his family feels right now.

Snip--

His roommate, Mike Horrell said Shuman-Moore left a one page suicide note. Police would not comment on the note’s existence.

Shuman-Moore is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 138 pounds. He has medium length brown hair and brown eyes. Officials from Grinnell College said he was last seen wearing a green T-shirt, a light-colored plaid shirt and white sneakers.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app.../NEWS/60928005

This doesn't sound good. I wonder what was bothering him. It was said that he was despondant. Did anyone try and talk to him or get him to talk to a professional...I wonder?

Did this young man have a car that he would have driven to an isolated area to commit suicide? If he didn't he must have walked somewhere so LE should be able to find him if he did commit suicide. It's sad how many young people commit suicide. Things that may worry us or get to us are major to the younger people because they live in "today" and have a hard time seeing down the road. Sometimes a failed romance is to much for them to deal with.

Paul has still not been found after a large ground search. His family is hoping he has gone back to Chicago and has made a plea for him to contact them. For the sake of his family and friends, I hope they are right.

missing teen (boy) 9 or 10/06?

hey sleuthers, i was just thinking of another one of those cases that just seemed to fall off the face of the earth. there was a teenage boy from chicago (?- or somewhere thereabouts) who was either in college or maybe a HS senior... and was despondent... it was last month (sept) or possibly the beginning of this month. he disappeared and his friends (& others) had been searching for him everywhere, including the railroad tracks. he was white/caucasian with dark hair. anyone know what i'm talking about & if they ever found him? i never saw a resolution so i'm hoping it was a good ending.

Did you mean Brian Shaffer? The guy that was last seen at a bar with friends. They left and he was never seen leaving the bar. He had a fiance.

Is this the thread?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38269

nope-- good guess, but this young man was somewhere around 14-18, i think. and further north- like chicago or wisconsin from what i remember... and he just disappeared recently, within the last few weeks. there may have been a thread on here, but i can't find it...

Is it this one, Reb? Paul Shuman-Moore:

http://www.nbc5.com/family/10156969/detail.html

He's still missing...
    Maima
    =======

yep! that's the one.. thanks maima!

one month,, wow.....

Missing person: Paul Shuman-Moore

I was given this information to post here. Please help. Thanks.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Paul Shuman-Moore, a sophomore at Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa, was last seen at about 1:30 a.m. on Monday, September 25, 2006. An extensive organized search comprised of hundreds of volunteers was conducted in the days following his disappearance, but produced nothing. His family and friends are hopeful that Paul is well somewhere, but we need your help finding him.

Paul, who is from Chicago, is approximately 5’7" and 138 pounds. He has brown hair and several distinguishing moles on his face. For pictures of Paul and more information regarding his disappearance, please visit the following websites:

A website created and maintained by Paul’s family:
    http://users.rcn.com/shumanmo/

National Center for Missing Adults:
    http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200604936S

If you have any information regarding Paul’s whereabouts, please contact the Grinnell Police Department at 641-236-2650; the Chicago Police Department at 312-744-8266; 911; or the Shuman-Moore family at shumanmo@rcn.com.

Thank you very much for your help. We respect and love Paul and need to know that he is well and safe.

Paul Shuman-Moore's friends and family

Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

I cannot get any of the original links in this thread to work. Sorry for the new thread, I did a search and nothing had some up but I must've done something wrong!

Here's a working link I found:
    http://www.grinnell.edu/tv/paul/

Recent headlines in the media indicated the search for Shuman-Moore had ended in Iowa. The headlines were incorrect. Shuman-Moore’s parents believe Paul may not be in Grinnell area because thorough searches in Grinnell did not locate their son. The Grinnell Police Department continues to follow-up on leads it receives.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Special message to Paul:
    Gran died of a stroke on December 4th. We will miss her dearly. There will be a memorial service for her on January 13th. (
    obituary)

<snip>

The parents said they believe their son is not in Iowa or Chicago, where friends and family have posted thousands of fliers without any response.

Moore acknowledges his searches are "long shots" but will continue to search for his son.

"It's possible he has decided he's embarrassed at all the ruckus he has caused and is afraid to come back," Moore said. "We want to get the message to him that he shouldn't be."

The family's search has since downsized and shifted to Houston. Shuman-Moore, a music fanatic, was most recently interested in noise music, which has a large following in southeast Texas, his family said. A family friend in Houston has posted signs near music venues but has not received any tips. At the advice of Shuman-Moore's friends, Moore has also begun contacting music venues across the country, focusing on locations that might feature new music. He asks if they have seen his son and if they will hang a poster in their venue.

<end of snips>

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1178874.html

another link w/ many pics:

http://www.nampn.org/cases/shuman_moore_paul.html

any updated news on this guy?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast