Twins Finally Meet After 71 Years

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Pat Gudinas has finally met her sister, 71 years after they were born, culminating eight years of effort to track her down.

"I've never had anybody in my family," she told Milwaukee Journal Sentinel columnist Jim Stingl of the reunion Tuesday at suburban West Allis restaurant not far from where her sister, Shirley McGuire, lives.

"It's hard. All these years I have missed with her," McGuire said after she and Gudinas, who lives near Austin, Texas, shared their first hug and kiss.

Stingl reported that the twins were born to a woman who had been intimate with a married man, and they ended up in different foster homes and eventually at St. Joseph Orphanage on Milwaukee's south side.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TWINS_MEET?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENThttp://hosted.ap.org/icons/spacer.gif

"But we were kept separated. We were never in the same room with one another," Gudinas said.

This is so awesome, I am so happy they found each other while both were still alive, they were getting up there in age.

SanJoaquinValleyGirl said:
This is so awesome, I am so happy they found each other while both were still alive, they were getting up there in age.
Yes, it is a shame it could not have been earlier in their lives. Sad but good all roled into one.Is'nt it ?

No pic?? I wanted to see them together!

Why on earth separate twins? Or any siblings for that matter. But twins? They were together since conception. I admit I didn't read the story though. I hope it's still there. I will read it if so.

I don't think this would be done these days. I hope not.

montana_16 said:
Why on earth separate twins? Or any siblings for that matter. But twins? They were together since conception. I admit I didn't read the story though. I hope it's still there. I will read it if so.

I don't think this would be done these days. I hope not.

I don't know how old you are, but back then things were much different.
Even in th 1950's if teens got pg they were sent to a girls home and the baby's were taken and given up for adoption...The teens had no rights what so ever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back