Joan Rivers blasts baby Suri

PlasmaFiend024

Reaction score
LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Joan Rivers has attacked Suri Cruise.

The US comedienne singled out the five-month-old daughterof Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes during her comic routine at top venue Cutting Room, in Manhattan, on Wednesday night (20.09.06).

Referring to Suri's appearance and thick head of hair in the family's recent Vanity Fair photo shoot, Rivers said: "She's obviously Asian and wears a wig."

Rivers - who is renowned for her cutting comments - also took a shot at new mother Angelina Jolie.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=QO224584L&headline=joan_rivers_blasts_baby_suri

Am i right in saying Joan Rivers has had an awful lot of plastic surgery (and botox shots)?

and she jokes about baby's looks? :waitasec:

Not only the baby's looks, but Angelina Jolie's looks too! Geez...

:eek: The comments she made about Suri are exactly the same comments made here on WS by posters in the Tom Cruise thread:eek: ---(just sayin')

She must be really low on material----to bash a baby & one of the few ridiculously rich celebs who actually 'give back' for worthy & noble causes. Zzzzzzz.

PlasmaFiend024 said:
theres alot of poor people in this country that need help too i guess.
Certainly. While I agree that there are poor people in this country that need help, America is the richest country in the world. Many (or all) of these 3rd world countries don't have things like welfare, emergency food stamps, emergency cash assistance, Medicaid & Medicare, section 8 housing assistance---those resources just aren't available to them.

I think that Angelina feels that a child in need is just that--- a child in need, regardless of that childs geographical location.

I say Bravo to them for breaking the ever-so-evident cycle of celebrities who make bazillions and do nothing of any real worth or change with all that cash.

julianne said:
Certainly. While I agree that there are poor people in this country that need help, America is the richest country in the world. Many (or all) of these 3rd world countries don't have things like welfare, emergency food stamps, emergency cash assistance, Medicaid & Medicare, section 8 housing assistance---those resources just aren't available to them.

I think that Angelina feels that a child in need is just that--- a child in need, regardless of that childs geographical location.

I say Bravo to them for breaking the ever-so-evident cycle of celebrities who make bazillions and do nothing of any real worth or change with all that cash.

I AGREE.but theres lots of places where they get these things and are still poor.ever been to the ozarks or the south bronx?plus i kinda dont like the way the announce every little thing they do.theres lot of philanthropists that give way more than them and remain Anonymous.same thing oprah does look at me i gave cars away.even though those cars were donated.humility aint her strong suit.anyways as you said at least they do somthing positive.even though most of the time i think its self serving.but thats just my opinion.

julianne said:

I say bravo too.

Who cares what reasons the celeb's have for giving away their money to needy causes, as long as they do!
It has become trendy for celeb's to support humanitarian issues- let's hope the trend continues :)

I bet that if a celeb would give to an aid in the us.....say New Orleans... we would appreciate him/her more. It is so sad that the the football stadium was renovated before homes...

Once again just my thought

Hi Party, I agree, except I believe the stadium refurbishing was paid for by the corporation that owns the stadium. Their thinking probably was having the stadium operational would benefit the whole economy of the city in every way.

As to dear little Suri and Joan Rivers, frankly she is dipping low, but I do believe the Pitts asked for every bit of this by putting their daughter out in the media for everyone to see. And in such an outlandishly bravado way which even garnered more attention. The poor little girlie is food for fodder now with comediens and whomever else wants to use her in some way.

I just think the Pitts were very thoughtless to their baby in not respecting her privacy. Babies are helpless and can not dictate how they want things done!

Scandi

That's my thought, why do it? Katie and Tom did the right thing to hide their daughter but they are in the media and you have to show the product.

partyuv5 said:
That's my thought, why do it? Katie and Tom did the right thing to hide their daughter but they are in the media and you have to show the product.
I wouldn't consider a Vanity Fair cover and full photo spread as them hiding their daughter.

Joan is a funny woman who is merciless and some may say, rude.I find her very funny but cruel. What she says has a ring of truth in it IMO.Just because celebs think there baby's are gorgeous does not mean we all do.I am sick of seeing there babies ugly or not. as for Angelina well, with lips like that someone is gonna be cruel at some point. I think they look like pork sausages glued on but what do I know. I know I am cruel!! Scary when you think they were achieved cosmetically.But aside from her lips she does great work as a charity worker and is a good humanitarian.Which is a hell of a lot more than you can say for Joan. (who really wins the prize for worst surgery).Ah, they are all out there for us to take shots at.

kazzbar said:
as for Angelina well, with lips like that someone is gonna be cruel at some point. I think they look like pork sausages glued on but what do I know. I know I am cruel!! Scary when you think they were achieved cosmetically.But aside from her lips she does great work as a charity worker and is a good humanitarian.Which is a hell of a lot more than you can say for Joan. (who really wins the prize for worst surgery).Ah, they are all out there for us to take shots at.
Actually, those are her natural lips---they weren't achieved cosmetically. I used to think that, too, but there was an article about her lips (seriously) in some magazine and they had lots of photos of Angelina as a pre-teen and young teenager and those are the same lips! I'll try to find a link to something. She had many photos taken of her as a young kid because of her famous actor Dad.

Ah, well I am glad she did not pay for them. Apart from her lips Angelina is a very attractive woman.

I haven't read this thread but I do have to agree with Joan on one thing, Suri definitely looks asian.

IMO Joan is just plain tacky no matter what she says or does. I guess that's why ET took her off their red carpet coverage of award shows.

how low does one have to stoop to poke fun at a baby? :slap: that is just mean and shows a great lack of class,imo

and her with her plastic face...she has alot room to talk about anyone elses looks :rolleyes:

ember said:
how low does one have to stoop to poke fun at a baby? :slap: that is just mean and shows a great lack of class,imo

and her with her plastic face...she has alot room to talk about anyone elses looks :rolleyes:
So true. I think most of Joan's efforts are spent promoting her daughter's celebrity career. Joan has had way too much surgery. And I have the issue of Vanity Fair and there's only one picture of Suri where she looks somewhat Asian, albeit with blue eyes. The rest just show a really cute baby with a lot of hair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back