1073 users online (233 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

911 Call MP3

A while ago I found a site that had the audio of Patsy's 911 call. Foolishly I didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it. I was looking around acandyrose.com but no luck. Anyone know where I can find it? Thanks.

I just listened to this 911 call half a dozen times. Have you ever noticed that the bulk of the call is about the ransom letter? And that the clearest thing she speaks is "SBTC" -- amid all the other frenetic, panting speech, she really articulates "S-B-T-C." You almost get the sense that she wants to plant that information in the 911 operator's head from the get-go.

It's also interesting that she never mentions JonBenet's name on the call. If it were me (God forbid), I would be trying to give the operator as much identifying information as possible.

Also, why did Patsy hang up after only a minute? She was clearly the one who terminated the call. Wouldn't you want to stay on the line, repeat the address to make sure it's correct, furnish additional information so that the police could put out an APB or something?

Am I reading too much into this? It's a strange call...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith X
    I just listened to this 911 call half a dozen times. Have you ever noticed that the bulk of the call is about the ransom letter? And that the clearest thing she speaks is "SBTC" -- amid all the other frenetic, panting speech, she really articulates "S-B-T-C." You almost get the sense that she wants to plant that information in the 911 operator's head from the get-go.

It's also interesting that she never mentions JonBenet's name on the call. If it were me (God forbid), I would be trying to give the operator as much identifying information as possible.

Also, why did Patsy hang up after only a minute? She was clearly the one who terminated the call. Wouldn't you want to stay on the line, repeat the address to make sure it's correct, furnish additional information so that the police could put out an APB or something?

its called acting . she didnt have time to think all this through. almost every peice of evidence can be pointed at the ramseys imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith X

Not at all,IMO.
    One thing that particularly sticks out in my mind is when she says "Patsy Ramsey...I'm the mother". Emphasis being on THE b/c it sounds like she already knew JB was dead..if not,then I would think she would have said "I'm HER mother". Sounds like she was saying she's the mother of an inanimate object....her body, which wasnt alive anymore. ...IOW,she's the mother of a dead child.
    Or did I read too much into that part???

You're Both Probably Right

The call does indeed sound strange.

"It's also interesting that she never mentions JonBenet's name on the call. If it were me (God forbid), I would be trying to give the operator as much identifying information as possible."

That's what I said.

"Also, why did Patsy hang up after only a minute? She was clearly the one who terminated the call. Wouldn't you want to stay on the line, repeat the address to make sure it's correct, furnish additional information so that the police could put out an APB or something? Am I reading too much into this?"

Not at all. The whole thing stinks.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Also, why did Patsy hang up after only a minute? She was clearly the one who terminated the call. Wouldn't you want to stay on the line, repeat the address to make sure it's correct, furnish additional information so that the police could put out an APB or something? Am I reading too much into this?"

Because Burke came into the room...

Quote Originally Posted by kactres
    Also, why did Patsy hang up after only a minute? She was clearly the one who terminated the call. Wouldn't you want to stay on the line, repeat the address to make sure it's correct, furnish additional information so that the police could put out an APB or something? Am I reading too much into this?"

Because Burke came into the room...
    But why would Burke coming into the room cause her to hang up? There are a number of different ways you can interpret that.

something else that's interesting, the way pr says OMG. i've read that when people keep saying god over and over, that indicates guilt. scott peterson said it over and over and the people who analyzed it said it means guilt. has anyone ever heard of this before???
    Patience is genius......author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ellen13
    something else that's interesting, the way pr says OMG. i've read that when people keep saying god over and over, that indicates guilt. scott peterson said it over and over and the people who analyzed it said it means guilt. has anyone ever heard of this before???
    I have not come across anything regarding that (but I will search it out as I find it interesting). Notably, Darlie Routier's 911 call is filled with OMG, over and over....she's sitting on death row for the murder of her son Devon.

"I bear the chain I forged in life...I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wore it....your chain was fully as long as this seven Christmas Eve's ago - and you have labored on it since." Jacob Marley

MURDERER'S! You know g**damn well what happened to your kid so stop playing the victim and just confess you lying murdering liars! - Mr. Chris Stotch - South Park

All posts are my opinion only.

theres a slight pause...about three seconds when nothing is said after the operator asks Patsy a question. There is no panting, no crying, nothing. Then Patsy, feeling very uncomfortable speaks up.
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

That is weird.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    Not at all,IMO.
    One thing that particularly sticks out in my mind is when she says "Patsy Ramsey...I'm the mother". Emphasis being on THE b/c it sounds like she already knew JB was dead..if not,then I would think she would have said "I'm HER mother". Sounds like she was saying she's the mother of an inanimate object....her body, which wasnt alive anymore. ...IOW,she's the mother of a dead child.
    Or did I read too much into that part???
    Thanks JM, 'the' mother bit always stuck in my mind as strange but I guess I've never thought about it long enough to work out why.

Sorta like how she refers to JonBenet as 'that child'.

Quote Originally Posted by ellen13
    Steve Thomas mentions this in his book too. When suspects refer to God and religion, this often indicates guilt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast