746 users online (112 members and 634 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On the Third Coast
    Posts
    8,667

    WI - Sex offender discovered baby-sitting children

    http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs...523/1288/FON01

    A registered sex offender discovered baby-sitting children at his Fox Lake [WI] apartment has been charged with violating the terms of his probation and the sex offender registry requirements.


    According to the criminal complaint, Fox Lake police received an anonymous tip that Ray was baby-sitting children at his Weed Street apartment. When officers arrived at the home on Aug. 21, they found Ray caring for three children, ages 14, 12 and 8 months. Ray told police that he watched the children under the supervision of another couple and was never alone with the children.

    When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender.

    more at link

    Can you imagine that the parents KNEW he was a sex offender and still let him babysit their kids???

    Hoppy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
    http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs...523/1288/FON01

    A registered sex offender discovered baby-sitting children at his Fox Lake [WI] apartment has been charged with violating the terms of his probation and the sex offender registry requirements.


    According to the criminal complaint, Fox Lake police received an anonymous tip that Ray was baby-sitting children at his Weed Street apartment. When officers arrived at the home on Aug. 21, they found Ray caring for three children, ages 14, 12 and 8 months. Ray told police that he watched the children under the supervision of another couple and was never alone with the children.

    When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender.

    more at link

    Can you imagine that the parents KNEW he was a sex offender and still let him babysit their kids???

    Hoppy
    OMG. What is wrong with these parents?
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    377
    That is just plain stupid, I mean they knew he was a perv and they still let there kids stay with him. They should be looked at and possible have there kids taken. No one in there right mind would let someone the know is a perv watch there kids. That just makes me sick!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,181
    When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender.


    so will they charge the parents with endangering the wellfair of a child? somehow i doubt it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri79
    When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender.


    so will they charge the parents with endangering the wellfair of a child? somehow i doubt it
    They might. The only reason I can't let my daughter go see her father in Texas is because he is considered a "convicted sex offender" for dating a 16 year old for awhile before the parents pressed charges. He's not a pervert, he would never hurt my daughter - but I can't send her to see him because I don't want to have the courts say I sent my child out of state to stay with a convicted sex offender and judge me. It's not actually fair.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri79
    When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender.


    so will they charge the parents with endangering the wellfair of a child? somehow i doubt it
    I could only hope that they would, but I think you're right on the money here. Also did you see that they releases him on a $500 signature bond?? This story gets more and more ridiculous by the minute

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    1,666
    Here is a prime example of how we treat sex offenders in this country.. so many of these folks just put their heads in the sand and think it won;t happen to me or my child.. oh he would never do that .. he has learned his lesson. .. he is rehabilitated. what a load of horse manure.

    These parents should be charged as well as those that directly put these children in harms way. would they let their children play with fire? and if burned sue the match or lighter company? Same situation here.. How dumb do you have to be to blindly put trust in a perv like this? Good Grief, stories like this just make me so darn angry

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27
    We truly do not know the circumstances of his "sex offender" status do we? Not enough to judge that he would molest kids. Sex offense can be not stopping when a legal aged woman says no. Doesn't mean they would molest kids. Not defending the man, but maybe the parents know the situation. Don't be so quick to judge then as horrible parents.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,071
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    They might. The only reason I can't let my daughter go see her father in Texas is because he is considered a "convicted sex offender" for dating a 16 year old for awhile before the parents pressed charges. He's not a pervert, he would never hurt my daughter - but I can't send her to see him because I don't want to have the courts say I sent my child out of state to stay with a convicted sex offender and judge me. It's not actually fair.


    I have to ask..how old was your husband when he was dating the 16 yr old?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by TiddlyWinker
    We truly do not know the circumstances of his "sex offender" status do we? Not enough to judge that he would molest kids. Sex offense can be not stopping when a legal aged woman says no. Doesn't mean they would molest kids. Not defending the man, but maybe the parents know the situation. Don't be so quick to judge then as horrible parents.
    You may be correct and it may be a crime against adults .. but how is that any better? I think that many are reacting here because of the sheer numbers of these crimes that are found on this boards and others.. Every single day thee are new stories added here that are crimes against children.. there is no guarantee that this was not the case or that his original offense will be his only one.. I think because of the amount of these crimes and the numbers of these crimes are occurring when its a repeat offender due to failures in the system that allow these offenders access to more children and potential victims that so many are reacting negatively in this particular situation...


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    They might. The only reason I can't let my daughter go see her father in Texas is because he is considered a "convicted sex offender" for dating a 16 year old for awhile before the parents pressed charges. He's not a pervert, he would never hurt my daughter - but I can't send her to see him because I don't want to have the courts say I sent my child out of state to stay with a convicted sex offender and judge me. It's not actually fair.
    I was going to say that I had a college friend who was a registered offender for a while all due to a beer drinking bet to streak naked across a street. According to the letter of the law where he lived at that time he had to register for I think only 3 years and even the judge in his case said he felt that his hands were tied and that it was quite unfair in cases like that where the court felt 100% that the "sex offender" in question was not a risk to the public.

    I would just hope the parents of these children knew the back story.

  12. #12
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by TiddlyWinker
    We truly do not know the circumstances of his "sex offender" status do we? Not enough to judge that he would molest kids. Sex offense can be not stopping when a legal aged woman says no. Doesn't mean they would molest kids. Not defending the man, but maybe the parents know the situation. Don't be so quick to judge then as horrible parents.
    From the link in the first post on this thread:

    When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender. Ray was convicted in 1991 of two counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child in Jefferson County and in 1989 of one count of first-degree sexual assault of a child in Washington County.

    Yep..the parents need to be held accountable if they knew this and let their children be in the same room with this guy.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri79
    When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender.


    so will they charge the parents with endangering the wellfair of a child? somehow i doubt it
    No way, this HAS to be a misprint. Nobody is so dumb.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    From the link in the first post on this thread:

    When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender. Ray was convicted in 1991 of two counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child in Jefferson County and in 1989 of one count of first-degree sexual assault of a child in Washington County.

    Yep..the parents need to be held accountable if they knew this and let their children be in the same room with this guy.
    Thanks for posting that, I had not read the link so that sure changes things for me. You would think knowing a person is convicted of a sexual assault crime against a child would give one enough pause to not leave their children in that person's care. I wonder where people put their brains sometimes. Yeah, the parents probably should be held accountable.

    I guess I should've read before posting.

  15. #15
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmommy
    Thanks for posting that, I had not read the link so that sure changes things for me. You would think knowing a person is convicted of a sexual assault crime against a child would give one enough pause to not leave their children in that person's care. I wonder where people put their brains sometimes. Yeah, the parents probably should be held accountable.

    I guess I should've read before posting.
    You're welcome. I didn't read it the first time around either. I went back to the link just to see if there was any inkling of what he was on the registry for when I found that.

    I can see that maybe this guy lied to the parents about why he was a registered sex offender. I can't think of any other reason they would trust him around their children.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Children discovered living in Seattle-area sewer system
    By dotr in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 02:32 PM
  2. NE - Mom Accused Of Leaving Baby With Sex Offender, baby abused
    By peeples in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 09:00 PM
  3. WA - Woman Awakens To Find Sex Offender Sitting On Her bed
    By Filly in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 02:32 AM